Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any fringe players worth trading away?

Manning1887

Unfortunately, outside of Indiana the Colts preseason games are not telecast so the only game I have been able to watch was the Saints game. Thus, I have only been able to read about which players are impressive and which are faltering. 

Do we have a Caeser Rayford on the team that may command a late round draft pick in trade? 

It sounds like Purifoy has been inconsistent yet is an NFL caliber player. Marcus Burley has looked solid. It sounds like one of these guys is going to get cut. 

Not sure if Da'Rick Rogers has any trade value after last night's antics. 

Those 7th round picks come in handy when looking to move up in the 5th or 6th round of the draft.

Unfortunately, outside of Indiana the Colts preseason games are not telecast so the only game I have been able to watch was the Saints game. Thus, I have only been able to read about which players are impressive and which are faltering. 

Do we have a Caeser Rayford on the team that may command a late round draft pick in trade? 

It sounds like Purifoy has been inconsistent yet is an NFL caliber player. Marcus Burley has looked solid. It sounds like one of these guys is going to get cut. 

Not sure if Da'Rick Rogers has any trade value after last night's antics. 

Those 7th round picks come in handy when looking to move up in the 5th or 6th round of the draft.

I would be surprised if Burley gets cut. The coaches obviously favor him, and there is no doubt in my mind that he is the 5th corner. 

As far as trade value in any fringe player, I am not seeing much with what we witnessed last night. 

The Rogers thing is way over-blown. He got excited and made a mental error. This is why he was never drafted in the first place. He manned up and owned up to his mistake. Not much more we can ask for. 

How has Purifoy been inconsistent? He's looked pretty good so far.

I just read that he has been inconsistent. 

One aspect regarding last night was how he had a nice punt return and then muffed the very next punt he fielded. Basically, he has flashed the ability, but has also struggled at times. 

I am all for keeping him, but I have not been able to really see how good Burley has looked. 

Probably Rogers to Cleveland if anything.  Teams will look at other teams cuts before sending off a draft pick, IMO. 

As far as other fringe players: I think Burley makes the 53 and Purifoy goes PS....I don't see him getting picked up by another team at this point in the season.  Reitz may have to go PUP (if that's possible at this point), which means we'll be looking at OTs that were cut in order to have some sort of backup, making that player a fringe player.

I don't know how many players a team can have on PUP, but I think the desire to keep injured players like Reitz, Nixon, and Harrison on the team will force the Colts to add more OLs just to field a solid line for the first four weeks of the season.  We may have 11 OLs on the roster to start the season because of it, pushing guys like Rogers and Purifoy off of it.

The Rogers thing is way over-blown. He got excited and made a mental error. This is why he was never drafted in the first place. He manned up and owned up to his mistake. Not much more we can ask for.

Definitely is. Pretty annoying I may add how so many people can do a 180 on a player like that

Definitely is. Pretty annoying I may add how so many people can do a 180 on a player like that

I agree. 

These boards have always needed a whipping boy. Been going on for years. No one here ever makes a mistake or has a person in their family that learns the hard way. We are all perfect and always make perfect decisions. 

Good God! He kicked a ball in the preseason. It is not like he committed a crime. 

I agree.

These boards have always needed a whipping boy. Been going on for years. No one here ever makes a mistake or has a person in their family that learns the hard way. We are all perfect and always make perfect decisions.

Good God! He kicked a ball in the preseason. It is not like he committed a crime.

You and I both know that kicking the ball isn't he only argument in the criticizers arsenal, but go ahead and bask in your anger with tunnel vision.

Rodgers has late round value to a WR needy team. But it would have to be at least a 5th IMO. Say what you want about Rodgers but he can play.

I'm surprised the Patriots didn't make an offer for Whalen though. He would flourish in a Belicheik offense. But he and Rodgers are both guys with trade value.

I think people are taking notice of what appears to be Rogers placement on the depth chart based upon when he is inserted into the preseason games.

I don't think it is fair for anyone to assess his mental approach to the game as if they are a coach themselves, but based upon how I see the coaches react to him sometimes, there must be something about his approach that bothers coaches.  Rogers has never had any significant character or off field issues that made any news, so it must be how he approaches practice and preparation that has bothered coaches on the several teams he has been on, including college.

What exactly that is, I don't know.  If he is cut, I don't think it would be for kicking the ball.  But I think kicking the ball is just one of many things the coaches have seen in him that is off-putting, IMO.

You and I both know that kicking the ball isn't he only argument in the criticizers arsenal, but go ahead and bask in your anger with tunnel vision.

LOL. Twist things around there much? "Some" people are angry at Rogers, but I am not sure how you pointed that angry finger at me. He made a simple mistake. It happens. Get over it already. It is not like he committed a crime. 

The lengths people will go to so they can project their anger onto someone else.