Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reitz down with a high ankle sprain

akcolt

I hate the last preseason game you cut your team down to where you have to play important players and this is what happens. They really should look at the cut down after the last game. I know Reitz was a back up but he was our best back up at almost every position.

High ankle sprain can last a minute it will be interesting to see how we manage the final 53

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/28/colts-lose-another-offensive-lineman-to-injury/

It is time to bring in Incognitio.  Harrison was out tonight with a thumb injury so Mewhort started at C. I am guessing so we don't have to carry 3 C's get Jack some snaps.

A reserve tackle got hurt, so they should bring in a potential starting guard?

Sucks that Reitz is hurt, but that has nothing to do with Incognito, IMO.

I think they should bring in a G anyway and Reitz is a reserve everything except C.

You know this Superman he was our starting G in 9 games in 2011 won the job in camp in 2012 at G before the knee injury. He was the first guy off the bench at every spot except C especially with Nixon not playing.

I said earlier the Colts need to at least give Incognito a serious look. I haven't checked what kind of money he will require but maybe it could be worked out. Have you a clue as the money aspect?

I said earlier the Colts need to at least give Incognito a serious look. I haven't checked what kind of money he will require but maybe it could be worked out. Have you a clue as the money aspect?

The Colts will not take this guy. I don't think so.  There will be over 700 players out on the streets in the next 2 days and a few good ones to pick up. Not need to bother with this cancer.

That is usually based off demand so I would say pretty cheap one yr deal maybe incentives to make him happy. He gets a chance to save his  career we get a healthy veteran O Lineman  who as a pro bowlwer in 2012 with over 100 NFL starts at both G spots and C. I just don't see the down side if he is an * we cut him he has no career. He should be highly motivated to keep it together for a year

I think they should bring in a G anyway and Reitz is a reserve everything except C.

You know this Superman he was our starting G in 9 games in 2011 won the job in camp in 2012 at G before the knee injury. He was the first guy off the bench at every spot except C especially with Nixon not playing.

Yeah, I know he's a utility reserve, but I think his primary value for us is at tackle, given the other interior players we have. And he's only played tackle in the preseason.

Probably vet minimum. I think his cap hit would be $940k. But a decision to pass on him won't be about the money. 

Maybe he is on the radar. Pagano had an opportunity to sort of shut down the Incognito speculation the other day, and he chose to straddle the fence. But I'm not thrilled with the prospect, personally.

When do you know your season has turned into a disaster?  When you are playing defensive ends as offensive linemen.

Can we possibly not determine the season to be lost before a regular season game has even been played?  Seems like the rational thing to do.

So any idea how long he'll be out?

I hate the last preseason game you cut your team down to where you have to play important players and this is what happens. They really should look at the cut down after the last game. I know Reitz was a back up but he was our best back up at almost every position.

High ankle sprain can last a minute it will be interesting to see how we manage the final 53

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/28/colts-lose-another-offensive-lineman-to-injury/

When do you know your season has turned into a disaster?  When you are playing defensive ends as offensive linemen.

If we're doing that in a game with actual NFL players on the field, I'd be concerned.

Wow, some can't even wait for the ship to list before they jump off!

Is it time to put Reitz into the "Potential" category, with guys like Adongo and Rogers?  Guys that you want to be good but for one reason or another, they're never going to make it?

I understand that injuries happen, but when they cause you to miss more time than you play in your career, maybe it's time to try something else.

Wanna hear another good one about Satele? He hasn't been that bad for the Dolphins so far. And that makes me hate him even more.

Being in the wrong scheme and playing next to arguably the worst guard in the league will make you look pretty bad.... Especially when you're not really that good to begin with. Lol I'm honestly not surprised. He wasn't a fit for a power scheme at all. Miami seems to be running more zone blocking, which can hide his physical limitations a little better

That drives me mad, too.

Take Tim Jennings.  Did nothing for Indy, one of the best that the Bears have had in a long time.  

I thought we misused Jennings, personally. Let him get picked on a lot in the red zone, for instance. But I always thought he had ability. Going to Chicago was the PERFECT fit for him, IMO, and I'm glad he's played well there.

We might have misused Satele as well, but I don't like how he played here. (I was joking about hating him, but it does get under my skin a little.)

Offensive Line was a major concern the last few years, again the Colts in my opinion did not enough to solve that problem. No depth, counting on players with injury issues or some cheap shots. It will probably another season with a terrible Oline and Luck running for his life. Great job Grigson!

I still think the key is Holmes if he can come in and be a quality C we will be ok. We really haven't lost a starter just our depth.

Anyone who expected Thimas week 1 was being overly optimistic. Reitz was our best depth And Urlich was a project. Reitz hurts IMO high ankle sprain at least a month.

Again I'd grab the best G out there which is Incognito let Mewhort play the Reitz role problem solved O Line greatly improved. With one signing.

Anyone expecting Mewhort to go all 16 needs to read about his final yr at OSU the knee has already been scoped and cost him time. Let him heal and learn being the primary back up he will get plenty of opportunity I promise.

When you count on injury prone guys like Thomas and Reitz on your Oline you are usually gonna end up disappointed.

I think you can drafting players with a history of injury as well. It is like Grig's sees the talent but overlooks the injury history. Hopefully the deal with Holmes is he just needed time for that ankle to heal and now he is going to be a very durable player and the anchor of our O Line. The injury in the Jets game could have happened to anyone unless he continues to be that anyone of course.  

If both Satele and McGlynn do well at their new places, and our OL play does not improve, it is time for Grigson to look for a new OL coach, IMO.

Definitly not the O Line coach Joe Gilbert, He did an interview I believe when he first got here explaining what he was going to bring to the team http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/COLTS-OFFENSIVE-LINE-COACH-JOE-GILBERT-TALKS-BLOCKING-SCHEMES-DEPTH-AND-PROTECTING-ANDREW-LUCK/f49fe05d-37b2-4b3b-990c-c44561ff8495

Its up to Pep to exploit what Gilbert brings by designing plays that do that instead of slamming the ball up the middle, Not to mention our players are not exactly a technically sound bunch yet as far as in the middle

Definitly not the O Line coach Joe Gilbert, He did an interview I believe when he first got here explaining what he was going to bring to the team http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/COLTS-OFFENSIVE-LINE-COACH-JOE-GILBERT-TALKS-BLOCKING-SCHEMES-DEPTH-AND-PROTECTING-ANDREW-LUCK/f49fe05d-37b2-4b3b-990c-c44561ff8495

Its up to Pep to exploit what Gilbert brings by designing plays that do that instead of slamming the ball up the middle, Not to mention our players are not exactly a technically sound bunch yet as far as in the middle

Teaching technique if they are not a sound bunch, I would think, is the job of the OL coach, not the OC.

We will see. If I see our OL guys still not communicating after a few games, there is only so much we can blame on personnel and play calling.

Teaching technique if they are not a sound bunch, I would think, is the job of the OL coach, not the OC.

We will see. If I see our OL guys still not communicating after a few games, there is only so much we can blame on personnel and play calling.

I am with you on this.

It is way to early and I know way to little to be calling for his job, by I do have some doubts.

I hope I'm wrong.

The Colts will not take this guy. I don't think so.  There will be over 700 players out on the streets in the next 2 days and a few good ones to pick up. Not need to bother with this cancer.

Yup, there will be 700 on the streets after today and that's where the vast majority belong. I don't see any problem with finding a quality O-lineman in that mob.

You say, we don't need that "cancer." You're right, as long as we have plenty of undrafted DE's that we can plug in the O-line to open holes and protect Andrew.  

Adongo & Rogers can both be studs for this organization within the next few years. Rogers needs to learn how to be more professional at times but he has all the natural abilities that you can dream of in a WR. If he can get under Reggie's wing and learn the in's & out's of the game, on & off the field, from one of the games greatest receivers, he will be a beast. Adongo has been playing football for ONE YEAR now. Give him time to adjust to and learn the game. He gave up fame & fortune halfway across the world to come to America and pursue a dream. I'm excited to see him next year after he's doubled the amount of time he's ever spent with the game. Patience is a virtue…exercise some!