Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Cincinnatti (8-28-14)

oldunclemark

7 p.m. (EST)

No national TV.... Warm..upper 70s at game time..

This is the lamest night in the NFL season because teams play but nobody plays anybody they cant afford to lose..

Great night for the Chandler Harnish fans..This is his night....all the way at QB..

These are the expendables

7 p.m. (EST)

No national TV.... Warm..upper 70s at game time..

This is the lamest night in the NFL season because teams play but nobody plays anybody they cant afford to lose..

Great night for the Chandler Harnish fans..This is his night....all the way at QB..

These are the expendables

Someone called it The Annual Harnish Bowl.  Pretty much sums it up.

They were telling a story on the radio about a couple teams that agreed they just run the ball in the game to get it over faster.  Then one team's D coach decided to stack the box on every play and the other team's O coordinator was yelling at him.  They said that exchange was a lot more interesting than anything going on the field.

The teams shouldn't charge season ticket holders for that game, it's not an NFL product.

Yeah so i know the 4th pre-seasoner is a boring game, but it is still a useful tool for coaches to evaluate the cusp players no????

I'm a west coaster & had to work tonight, so I was wondering if any of the cusp guys stood out/or made plays tonight???

Anyone make a strong case to make the final 53???

Ouside of Rogers flub?

Yeah so i know the 4th pre-seasoner is a boring game, but it is still a useful tool for coaches to evaluate the cusp players no????

I'm a west coaster & had to work tonight, so I was wondering if any of the cusp guys stood out/or made plays tonight???

Ouside of Rogers flub?

You did not miss much. As usual, the Colts 3rd and 4th team did not show up.

Harnish stayed consistent too.

Oh, and Andrew Jackson had what looked to me like a serious lower leg or ankle injury. Could be an Achilles, but I have not heard or saw anything official yet.

You did not miss much. As usual, the Colts 3rd and 4th team did not show up.

Harnish stayed consistent too.

Oh, and Andrew Jackson had what looked to me like a serious lower leg or ankle injury. Could be an Achilles, but I have not heard or saw anything official yet.

Word

Any clearer picture who sticks between Purifoy, Price, Burley??? Seems like one of the three will be out man out...

Word

Any clearer picture who sticks between Purifoy, Price, Burley??? Seems like one of the three will be out man out...

No one separated himself tonight; however, I have a feeling Burley is favored by the coaches, and that is because he is a physical player who can tackle.

Purifoy did not do well on returns tonight. Our special teams defense was not good either.

Price still looks a bit uncoordinated to play corner, but the coaches love his size.

If every team in the NFL were only allowed to play 3rd and 4th stringers in 2014 then we would be picking first in 2015.

No one separated himself tonight; however, I have a feeling Burley is favored by the coaches, and that is because he is a physical player who can tackle.

Purifoy did not do well on returns tonight. Our special teams defense was not good either.

Price still looks a bit uncoordinated to play corner, but the coaches love his size.

If every team in the NFL were only allowed to play 3rd and 4th stringers in 2014 then we would be picking first in 2015.

Wow,

Yeah the pre season is pretty rough, but the awesome thing about the 4th pre season game is that now preseason is officially over, & now the for-real season starts

Wow,

Yeah the pre season is pretty rough, but the awesome thing about the 4th pre season game is that now preseason is officially over, & now the for-real season starts

Absolutely!

The good thing is our first team is very, very good, and our second team can play at a high level too.

Oh, and also I hope Swoope does make the practice squad. For someone who has never played football, he looks very coordinated and has some skills.

0-4 tonight :cheer:

Super Bowl Bound :clap:

Just Looking back on some of your thoughts about Mewhort "NOT" playing center.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/28550-colts-draft-jack-mewhort-ol-osu-merge/#entry800912

"Just like I said, I knew it wouldn't be a C" - TKNIGHT24

http://forums.colts.com/topic/28841-jack-mewhort-colts-full-scouting-report/#entry810266

"Well according to forum user: BlueShoe Mike Mayock when we drafted him said he's a C so I'm just looking for clarity here. If a guy never played C, how is he a C? haha

That's like me saying I'm a Pats fan but never liked the Pats

*Runs for cover for even pretending to be a Pats fan on this forum*" - TKNIGHT

http://forums.colts.com/topic/28841-jack-mewhort-colts-full-scouting-report/#entry810305

"Okay, let's stick to the point. He's playing G for the Colts. Sure he was C at the rookie camp but who else would snap the ball? That's rookie camp. He'll be at G when our veterans like Castonzo & Co. get into the mix

What he did at rookie camp means nothing but an audition. He won't be playing C. Anyone can snap the ball in a camp that's non-contact basically walkthroughs" TKnight24

Just Looking back on some of your thoughts about Mewhort "NOT" playing center.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/28550-colts-draft-jack-mewhort-ol-osu-merge/#entry800912

"Just like I said, I knew it wouldn't be a C" - TKNIGHT24

http://forums.colts.com/topic/28841-jack-mewhort-colts-full-scouting-report/#entry810266

"Well according to forum user: BlueShoe Mike Mayock when we drafted him said he's a C so I'm just looking for clarity here. If a guy never played C, how is he a C? haha

That's like me saying I'm a Pats fan but never liked the Pats

*Runs for cover for even pretending to be a Pats fan on this forum*" - TKNIGHT

http://forums.colts.com/topic/28841-jack-mewhort-colts-full-scouting-report/#entry810305

"Okay, let's stick to the point. He's playing G for the Colts. Sure he was C at the rookie camp but who else would snap the ball? That's rookie camp. He'll be at G when our veterans like Castonzo & Co. get into the mix

What he did at rookie camp means nothing but an audition. He won't be playing C. Anyone can snap the ball in a camp that's non-contact basically walkthroughs" TKnight24

I doubt he will respond to this

Ouside of Rogers flub?

No...the way most teams do it..the game has no value. If you play badly, you were 3rd string anyway..

..if you play well..you did it against 'dollar store' players. Either way..you show nothing..that practice doesn't show

Since the game is played at least 10 days before the opener...we have to reevaluate not playing anyone of value in the 4th pre-season game

..and I noted that Seattle did play their starters for a quarter