Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should St Louis pick up tebow?

twfish

he would just be competing for the 3rd back up role probably, Shaun Hill is there starter going forward and had shown when called upon to start he can be a productive QB and not turn the ball over, I'd say no, No need for him

Lets see, Tebow can only play well on a team with a defense that can carry him, a solid running game that allows him to pass less than 10 times a game, and a situation where they design a playbook around him. The first two are available in St Louis and the third can be made available, sign him up!

Guest nflfan014

Michael Sam and Tim Tebow on the same team?

Yeah might as well, the media does get bored.

LOL, then trade Manziel to St. Louis and have a Tebow/Manziel QB controversy.  *

Edited by Nadine
not family friendly

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - quoting edited post
Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - quoting edited post

LOL, then trade Manziel to St. Louis and have a Tebow/Manziel QB controversy.  ESPN would have multiple orgasms.

May not want to give them ideas in case they read team forums.......

Guest nflfan014

Make sure to trade for Johnathan Martin and sign Richie Incognito as well to protect Tebow/Manziel. Make a new outcast version of the old Washington Redskins to win the super bowl!

Then Incognito would bully Michael Sam and the world would end.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - quoted edited post
Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - quoted edited post

LOL, then trade Manziel to St. Louis and have a Tebow/Manziel QB controversy.  ESPN would have multiple orgasms.

Good idea! Just spice it up with a hint of Richie Incognito to make it perfect. I can imagine Richie messaging Tebow...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - quoted edited post
Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - quoted edited post

Tebow would open a bible and make everything better. Sam and Incognito would be born again Christians and the world would be saved.

We go from that restaurant scene from the film "when harry met sally" to biblical paradise in 1 or 2 NFL pickups? Whose actress Meg Ryan & Whose whose actor Billy Crystal in this little fantasy BTW? 

Will Tebow be saying "I'll have what she's having?" Or will Manziel be saying "Look, when the crap hits the fan Bible Boy. I'm gonna be prepared & you're not"...That's the question. 

You have to know the movie to get that joke or my slightly modified joke anyway.

whenharrymetsally08.jpg

Guest nflfan014
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - related to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - related to removed post

We go from that restaurant scene from the film "when harry met sally" to biblical paradise in 1 or 2 NFL pickups? Whose actress Meg Ryan & Whose whose actor Billy Crystal in this little fantasy BTW? 

Will Tebow be saying "I'll have what she's having?" Or will Manziel be saying "Look, when the crap hits the fan Bible Boy. I'm gonna be prepared & you're not"...That's the question. 

You have to know the movie to get that joke or my slightly modified joke anyway.

whenharrymetsally08.jpg

Great movie.  Also great soundtrack by Harry Connick, Jr. especially "It Had To Be You."

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, August 27, 2014 - off topic

Great movie.  Also great soundtrack by Harry Connick, Jr. especially "It Had To Be You."

Yeah, the soundtrack was pretty awesome as well nflfan014. 

I like Frank Sinatra's "It Had To Be You" near the end of the picture. It brought a nice end to the flick IMHO. Along with that hilarious "On The Side" fetish of Meg Ryan's character.  haha

The other reason I like that restaurant scene between Meg & Billy is that whenever Billy acted like he didn't give a crap she then proceeded to answer his question.

"Fine, I don't wanna know." 

"Well, if you must know I" 

Great reverse psychology there Billy. I use that dialogue technique a lot myself in real life & it works too.

How come Ray Charles "Winter Wonderland" song is not on the CD? I'm a huge Ray Charles fan BTW. He sings it in the movie, but not on the CD. Major bummer. 

Guest nflfan014

Yeah, the soundtrack was pretty awesome as well nflfan014. 

I like Frank Sinatra's "It Had To Be You" near the end of the picture. It brought a nice end to the flick IMHO. Along with that hilarious "On The Side" fetish of Meg Ryan's character.  haha

The other reason I like that restaurant scene between Meg & Billy is that whenever Billy acted like he didn't give a crap she then proceeded to answer his question.

"Fine, I don't wanna know." 

"Well, if you must know I" 

Great reverse psychology there Billy. I use that dialogue technique a lot myself in real life & it works too.

How come Ray Charles "Winter Wonderland" song is not on the CD? I'm a huge Ray Charles fan BTW. He sings it in the movie, but not on the CD. Major bummer. 

Good question.  Sinatra's "It Had To Be You" isn't on it either.  They must have had some deal with Harry where he did the whole CD.  Not complaining, though, I love Harry's music.  They left Ray Charles's "You Don't Know Me" off the Groundhog Day soundtrack and replaced it with some acoustic guitar version that wasn't even in the movie.  Ticked me off when I bought the cd years ago.

Good idea! Just spice it up with a hint of Richie Incognito to make it perfect. I can imagine Richie messaging Tebow...

Racial slurs, Bible verses, & Johnny Manziel sniffing something illegal in the bathroom. I'd watch that TV Show call it "Hard Knocks: The Roommates Edition."

Good call on that one HCF!  

The nice thing about how dysfunctional people interact on a daily or weekly basis is this: It makes your ordinary life seem surprisingly on track & well adjusted by comparison. 

No, I am not attacking anyone's character BTW just that 3 people with steadfast beliefs or strong opinions about how to present themselves in society makes for an interesting pounder keag scenario when hidden frustrations get pushed to the breaking point. 

Good question.  Sinatra's "It Had To Be You" isn't on it either.  They must have had some deal with Harry where he did the whole CD.  Not complaining, though, I love Harry's music.  They left Ray Charles's "You Don't Know Me" off the Groundhog Day soundtrack and replaced it with some acoustic guitar version that wasn't even in the movie.

Yeah, you're right they did. It was very peculiar to say the least. Harry Connick, Jr. is a very good singer too. 

I never understand why motion picture scores & record producers leave great songs off the soundtrack album or like you say they alter it for some unknown reason which just baffles me. It it works don't mess with it. I always say. 

Guest nflfan014

It might be a copyright thing, but then again if they have the license for the movie, you'd think they have the license for the soundtrack too.  I remember buying the Groundhog Day soundtrack specifically for that song and Delbert McClinton's "Weatherman", which is on it.

It might be a copyright thing, but then again if they have the license for the movie, you'd think they have the license for the soundtrack too.  I remember buying the Groundhog Day soundtrack specifically for that song and Delbert McClinton's "Weatherman", which is on it.

Yeah, copyright infringement is always a dicey issue, but after about 7-10 years songs fall into the public domain realm which means that they lose their intellectual property rights unless something is re-released with a slightly edited or previously unknown version which reactivates the property rights again. Music is strange that way because it doesn't work that way for books simply because an author wrote a new forward to a best selling novel. 

Film studios just figure that it's cheaper to release tracks with other unknown singers with modified versions to save big bucks on royalty obligations to the original artist or performer that way. It's a cost benefit analysis thing really. 

What I hate is that itunes was created on computers or cell phone devices to buy single tracks online & you still might have to purchase an entire album to get 1 song in the end. Dumb if you ask me.

What's cool though is when a director gets permission by a famous band like say U2, Metallica, or Led Zeppelin to use a trademark song in the film. That's exactly what happened in "School Of Rock" actor Jack Black convinced Zeppelin to let him use "Immigrant Song" in the picture, but that's extremely rare & almost never happens unfortunately. 

Yeah, copyright infringement is always a dicey issue, but after about 7-10 years songs fall into the public domain realm which means that they lose their intellectual property rights unless something is re-released with a slightly edited or previously unknown version which reactivates the property rights again. Music is strange that way because it doesn't work that way for books simply because an author wrote a new forward to a best selling novel. 

Film studios just figure that it's cheaper to release tracks with other unknown singers with modified versions to save big bucks on royalty obligations to the original artist or performer that way. It's a cost benefit analysis thing really. 

What I hate is that itunes was created on computers or cell phone devices to buy single tracks online & you still might have to purchase an entire album to get 1 song in the end. Dumb if you ask me.

What's cool though is when a director gets permission by a famous band like say U2, Metallica, or Led Zeppelin to use a trademark song in the film. That's exactly what happened in "School Of Rock" actor Jack Black convinced Zeppelin to let him use "Immigrant Song" in the picture, but that's extremely rare & almost never happens unfortunately. 

1 last thing about music copyright to me that's odd is this: It's really a deterrent to stop massive distribution abroad meaning downloading & disseminating more than 1 illegally obtained copy for countless people.

It's weird because if books are now online access to them anyway. No security officer from Amazon or Barnes & Noble is gonna hunt you down & force you to pay a fine if you send a PDF copy of a novel you just bought & read to all your family & friends for free. But, record companies are relentless when it comes to hunting illegal distributors of music down. It's insane really especially when you consider that record companies are seldom guaranteeing an artist's royalties anymore just lining their own pockets respectively. 

Okay, back on topic. I don't wanna be accused of derailing this Tebow to the Rams thread. 

They are looking for a QB not a missionary.

Good point. Jeff Fisher wants 1st down completions not communion sessions in the locker room. 

I will admit Tebow played well for 1 season in Denver & he was definitely mishandled by Rex Ryan in NYC, but Jeff isn't that stupid to reach out for Tim Tebow. 

Like a one hit wonder his time has come & gone IMO. 

That would be the same mistake the Colts made by getting Kerry Collins and not playing Curtis Painter sooner. I felt Curtis might have won a game or two in the early going if we had shown confidence in him against cupcake teams like Cleveland. We did not and I am not going to say I did not like the end result in the long term with us getting Luck.

Always go with the backup QB who has gone through training camp and pre-season with your team, he gives you the best chance of winning if you show the confidence in him and don't vacillate with your decision.

That would be the same mistake the Colts made by getting Kerry Collins and not playing Curtis Painter sooner. I felt Curtis might have won a game or two in the early going if we had shown confidence in him against cupcake teams like Cleveland. We did not and I am not going to say I did not like the end result in the long term with us getting Luck.

Always go with the backup QB who has gone through training camp and pre-season with your team, he gives you the best chance of winning if you show the confidence in him and don't vacillate with your decision.

Agreed.  Unless there is an amazing option at QB available to the team (rare) or the backup is known by the coaches to not be up to the task.   

I have no animosity towards Tebow.  I like him as a man, don't like him as a QB.  I'm always amazed at how much people "hate" on him.  It's just he isn't a very good QB from his NFL history and the teams that have used him have had to develop an offense specifically for him.  It's way to late in the game to do that effectively.  He's not a plug and play option.  

I think the Patriots should trade Garoppolo to the Rams for a few draft picks.  Garoppolo is starting and playing the entire 4th pre-season game.  Maybe they're showing him off and advertising him to other teams.  Why wouldn't the Pats trade him?  They make unpredictable out of left field moves like that.

I personally would trade Garoppolo for picks and go with Mallett as the backup.