Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hasslebeck to St.Louis?

Rebelknight

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the plan a lot; the only problem is that Harnish isn't ready for the backup job. I gave him hope when the preseason started, but now, it's obvious he's not ready.

So, for that reason, they'll need to keep Hasselbeck, but Rams will definitely need to find a new QB. They can't go all in on Shaun Hill.

That's usually my line of thinking in regards to needing a "good" backup qb.

that's not logic....

here's the deal..what if we were 9-5 and Andrew gets a concussion and cant play 2 games..

..and you gave away the backup QB for a draft choice next season.

You'd feel stupid, right?

Why not ship Hasslebeck to St.Louis for a pick? Reunite him and Fisher...seems like a win/win...Chandler wasnt bad as a back up and Matt retires next year anyway...

You think Hasselbeck wants to be a starter in the league at his age or he is happy being paid a nice wage to be a player coach here in Indy?

I think he prefers it right where he is. Kirk Cousin's is the kid they should be going after he is NFL ready right now.

Yeah, if I were them I would just take it. A high pick means a chance at a QB, and it's not like any move they made would be guaranteed to work anyways. Don't intentionally tank, just play it out and see what happens. Shaun Hill has played decent, they can probably get to 6 wins at least with the defense. 

St. Louis should just roll with what they have. It's not worth it trading for mediocre QBs.

They could be in a position to get either Mariota or Winston next draft.

Yep. Any mediocre QB they trade for is just going to get eaten alive in that division. If Bradford isn't the answer then they need to start looking at the draft.

that's not logic....

here's the deal..what if we were 9-5 and Andrew gets a concussion and cant play 2 games..

..and you gave away the backup QB for a draft choice next season.

You'd feel stupid, right?

No because backups are only good if they've had a while to learn the system. I don't believe in having a top guy for backup but I still believe consistency in the system is key. Plenty of guys have proved that.

St. Louis should just roll with what they have. It's not worth it trading for mediocre QBs.

They could be in a position to get either Mariota or Winston next draft.

Nooo they shouldn't

Rams have the best defensive line in football and a top 10 defense. They're a QB away from contending

No because backups are only good if they've had a while to learn the system. I don't believe in having a top guy for backup but I still believe consistency in the system is key. Plenty of guys have proved that.

Its probably a good thing that you don't run any teams. Consistency doesn't matter of the back up cant play.

Curtis Painter proved that to us..You need a quality backup..not just somebody who's been in the room

... didn't Kap lead SF to the Super Bowl as a backup.

I think he did