Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Emmanuel Sanders is so much better than Eric Decker

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an observation:

Game 15 where Peyton breaks the record for 51 TDs, Peyton throws 2 TDs to Eric Decker and now twice to Sanders against the same Texans.

My objective observation is that Peyton sees something in their safety personnel tendencies that he consistently exploits with his Z wideout playing opposite to DT.

Here is the deal, Sanders is much like TY where he will be more effective between the 20s and in space. Once in the red zone, the big reach and body frame of Decker will be missed in the end zone, I feel.

We will find out more as the season goes on if Cody Latimer becomes a bigger part of the picture because I felt Sanders replaces Welker and Latimer was the eventual replacement for Decker.

I guess I'm wrong because you said so huh.

@PFF: Emmanuel Sanders Route Chart http://t.co/ZnkCNdq1Xm

@PFF: Eric Decker: Route Breakdown http://t.co/acMBLmAX5n

Yep. That's exactly right. The idea that route charts show who is the better receiver is laughable. The idea that that is the be all end is laughable. It's plain to see who is the more versatile player.

Yep. That's exactly right. The idea that route charts show who is the better receiver is laughable. The idea that that is the be all end is laughable. It's plain to see who is the more versatile player.

That's utter nonsense. He gave you numbers, you give us your opinion backed with just an eye test. You base it all on 1 pre-season game too because you possibly couldn't base it on numbers piled for Decker over 2 years, that's the true laughable part. Its only your OP pride and eye test you can hang your hat on, nothing more to see here. Moving on.

Faster is the only thing people with agree with you on Sanders.

Call it what you want but I didn't know basing an opinion on a breakdown of statistics was laughable. I really don't feel like going back and forth about two players I really don't care about, plus you haven't gave me anything that suggests Sanders is better than Decker other than your word.

Call it what you want but I didn't know basing an opinion on a breakdown of statistics was laughable. I really don't feel like going back and forth about two players I really don't care about, plus you haven't gave me anything that suggests Sanders is better than Decker other than your word.

Yep, and it was a bad route by Sanders that caused the Peyton INT in this very same game too, just another observation :)

That's utter nonsense. He gave you numbers, you give us your opinion backed with just an eye test. You base it all on 1 pre-season game too because you possibly couldn't base it on numbers piled for Decker over 2 years, that's the true laughable part. Its only your OP pride and eye test you can hang your hat on, nothing more to see here. Moving on.

Faster is the only thing people with agree with you on Sanders.

Talk about presumptuous.

Watching Saturdays' game..what Sanders does is stretch the defense...

I dont know if he runs better routes that Decker...but what he diod Saturday goes on tape and teasm that use the single safety and man coverage (like Seattle in the Super Bowl) are gambling that Peyton cant throw deep..

...Sanders needs to be in the slot because he isn't physical and cant break a jam at the line but he will open up Julius Thomas in a way Decker couldn't...

I dont know if Sanders is better than Decker yet but he is much different...the Broncos don't have his speed anywhere else

I posted this on the other Denver thread. Sanders is not even close to Decker.

Sanders (numbers in Pitt with Ben)

2012: 44 receptions, 626 yards, 1 TD

2013: 67 receptions. 740, 6 TDs

Decker

2012: 85 receptions; 1064 yards, 13 TDs

2013: 87 receptions, 1288 yards, 11 TDs

He may end up having a good season with Manning but to say he is better NOW is simply not true. AND Decker is the most physically talented receiver of the two.

Decker

He may end up having a good season with Manning but to say he is better NOW is simply not true. AND Decker is the most physically talented receiver of the two.

Here you are again with stats from 2 different QBs and trying to evaluate.

Sanders with Big Ben 2013  - 16 games   - 740 yards - 6 TDs

Sanders with Peyton  2014   - 30 minutes - 128 yards - 2 TDs

Who cares about physically talented part, its about getting open and scoring TDs. Did you even see the 2 TDs. Either of them with Decker wouldn't be possible. Pure speed and athleticism from Sanders.

And oh he did get open alright.

Decker

...We're drifting into 'word and meaning' land...

Is he better NOW...Is NOW last year since this year factually hasn't begun...

.....Is Decker of 2014 with Geno...the Decker of 2013 and how do we know..?

....High hopes for Sanders ..Decker driopped some passes but didn't he catch 4 TDs at KC last year in a crucial game?

I love that he so much wants to be in Denver..and he threatens the defense in a different way..

.... but he's got to get 1,000 yards before I can say he's better

Here you are again with stats from 2 different QBs and trying to evaluate.

Sanders with Big Ben 2013  - 16 games   - 740 yards - 6 TDs

Sanders with Peyton  2014   - 30 minutes - 128 yards - 2 TDs

Who cares about physically talented part, its about getting open and scoring TDs. Did you even see the 2 TDs. Either of them with Decker wouldn't be possible. Pure speed and athleticism from Sanders.

And oh he did get open alright.

The stats are right there and are you really going to get all that excited about a preseason game? Like I said, Sanders could end up having a great year with Manning but right NOW he is not the better receiver. Let's see where everything shakes out by seasons end and if he approaches Decker's production.

...We're drifting into 'word and meaning' land...

Is he better NOW...Is NOW last year since this year factually hasn't begun...

.....Is Decker of 2014 with Geno...the Decker of 2013 and how do we know..?

....High hopes for Sanders ..Decker driopped some passes but didn't he catch 4 TDs at KC last year in a crucial game?

I love that he so much wants to be in Denver..and he threatens the defense in a different way..

.... but he's got to get 1,000 yards before I can say he's better

Yeah, have to see it on the field in the regular season. Decker was a great receiver in Denver. Sanders right now is potential.

The stats are right there and are you really going to get all that excited about a preseason game? Like I said, Sanders could end up having a great year with Manning but right NOW he is not the better receiver. Let's see where everything shakes out by seasons end and if he approaches Decker's production.

Sanders is way better than Decker.

Faster, explosive to start, creating separation, reliable, NO butter finger.

Like i said, did you even see the 2 TDs?. Yeah, we will see end of the season.

Sanders is way better than Decker.

Faster, explosive to start, creating separation, reliable, NO butter finger.

Like i said, did you even see the 2 TDs?. Yeah, we will see end of the season.

lol. Preseason man. Calm down. Did not see the game. Who was covering him on the two TDs? Did he have single coverage or safety over the top?

lol. Preseason man. Calm down. Did not see the game. Who was covering him on the two TDs? Did he have single coverage or safety over the top?

I dont know why you keep talking about pre season.

It was first team from both sides. Did you hear about helmet hit to Welker. It was an intense game.

First TD - http://gfycat.com/DecentHonoredGrub

Second was even better, full stretch horizontal to end zone.

Sanders look good last night. But if Welker misses significant time then the coverage will roll more to him and Thomas. Have to see how he does in the regular season for Denver. I expect him to have a great year but not sure he will do what Decker did just yet. Plus he has to stay healthy.

This may accelerate their future...sweet..

After this season,. I think they'd planned to put sanders in the slot...

They love IU's Cody Latimer and he's a big 6-2, 215 rough rider like Demariyus Thomas..plus a very good blocker..

but you don't want to play rookies if you're going for the title

I dont know why you keep talking about pre season.

It was first team from both sides. Did you hear about helmet hit to Welker. It was an intense game.

First TD - http://gfycat.com/DecentHonoredGrub

Because it is preseason and teams are not game planning specific. They are trying new things out. That being said, that was a nice play from Sanders. He had one on one from the DB but blew by him and then it looks as though the safety was late coming over to help. He does have great speed so like I said, he may end up proving to be just as great as Decker but it is a long 16 game season and with Welker going out with a concussion, the offense just took a significant blow.

This may accelerate their future...sweet..

After this season,. I think they'd planned to put sanders in the slot...

They love IU's Cody Latimer and he's a big 6-2, 215 rough rider like Demariyus Thomas..plus a very good blocker..

but you don't want to play rookies if you're going for the title

I would not put him in the slot given the risk of injury. He has great speed to play outside WR. This Denver offense feels very different than last year. Not sure yet how to feel about it but for sure it is going to put some points. Very interested to see how Ball does as well. I think they will miss Moreno. He was fantastic for them last year.

Because it is preseason and teams are not game planning specific. They are trying new things out. That being said, that was a nice play from Sanders. He had one on one from the DB but blew by him and then it looks as though the safety was late coming over to help. He does have great speed so like I said, he may end up proving to be just as great as Decker but it is a long 16 game season and with Welker going out with a concussion, the offense just took a significant blow.

Latimer will be starting more with Caldwell while Welker is gone. Sanders will go slot. They should be fine.

Latimer will be starting more with Caldwell while Welker is gone. Sanders will go slot. They should be fine.

Why put Sanders in the slot? I would not put a rookie on the outside. Sanders can do more damage from the outside and less risk of injury.

I have been hearing a lot about the Latimer guy? What is he like? I know he has good size.

Why put Sanders in the slot? I would not put a rookie on the outside. Sanders can do more damage from the outside and less risk of injury.

I have been hearing a lot about the Latimer guy? What is he like? I know he has good size.

Big, physical WR, great hands.

He knocked out Antoine Bathea into concussion during the 49ers game.

No way, what's wrong with you. He can't get open and the entire last year he had only 6 TDs with Big Ben. Right AMF?.

First official game with Peyton, 128 yards, 2 TDS in 2 quarters.

He is fast. Going to be fun watching him.

I'll bet AMF doesn't have much to say today.