Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

luck and peyton's conversation after the game

CR91

You didn't hear it?

Andrew Luck: "Peyton......."

Peyton: "Andrew......."

Andrew: "You know what this means now right?"

Peyton: "It can't happen like this, that's not fair. Holiday got laid out by a Punter! A Punter Andrew!"

Andrew: "Nope, none of that matters. *Reaches out to Peyton* There's a NEW sheriff in town"

Peyton: *Sigh* "Okay, you're right"

And that's what happened

*sips apple juice*

:cheers:

I don't think they usually catch it.  Probably just the standard greetings etc.

I'm slightly more interested in what Jim Harbaugh said to Luck after we beat the '49ers.  His body language towards Luck after that game was pretty negative and I was kind of ticked about that considering Luck is the reason Harbaugh got noticed by anyone in the first place.

But from what I've seen Jim Harbaugh seems like an extremely sore loser.  

I'm slightly more interested in what Jim Harbaugh said to Luck after we beat the '49ers.  His body language towards Luck after that game was pretty negative and I was kind of ticked about that considering Luck is the reason Harbaugh got noticed by anyone in the first place.

If it was just a standard greeting, luck would have said that when he was asked that question in the presser. He said instead it was a private conversation between him and peyton

I don't think they usually catch it. Probably just the standard greetings etc.

I'm slightly more interested in what Jim Harbaugh said to Luck after we beat the '49ers. His body language towards Luck after that game was pretty negative and I was kind of ticked about that considering Luck is the reason Harbaugh got noticed by anyone in the first place.

He was just butt hurt about the loss. He hasn't ever spoken bad about Andrew, so i dont think there is any love lost there! Jim is a HUGE competitor and if his team loses he is always showing bad sportsmanship to other teams. Just how he is.

Say what you will bout  Harbaugh, but that dude is tuff..  hes just got a nasty streak in him when it comes to competing and i am a big fan of that..anybody remember the year Marshall sat out for turf toe and ole Jim was getting knocked down and bloodied like every snap..dude would just get back up and take it again, yeah..Harbaugh never liked loosing, mad love for that dude.

has peyton ever said anything about Luck since we drafted him???

Yep, he has.

In his speech after getting the comeback player of the year in 2012, he said he hoped he and Andrew could present this award someday like Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers did (it was funny) :)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-honors/0ap2000000134476/NFL-Honors-Peyton-Manning-wins-Comeback-Player-of-the-Year

You didn't hear it?

Andrew Luck: "Peyton......."

Peyton: "Andrew......."

Andrew: "You know what this means now right?"

Peyton: "It can't happen like this, that's not fair. Holiday got laid out by a Punter! A Punter Andrew!"

Andrew: "Nope, none of that matters. *Reaches out to Peyton* There's a NEW sheriff in town"

Peyton: *Sigh* "Okay, you're right"

And that's what happened

*sips apple juice*

:cheers:

Peyton:  "The league better give me another chance to beat the Colts before I retire!!!!"

Meanwhile, back at NFL "Headquarters,"  Goodell sits at his desk, thinking:    This didn't go as I expected.  Hmmmm.  Next year, it will be in Denver. It would be nice if Indy were missing a key player...say, a Linebacker.  Ye-es.  A linebacker....Muuuuuwahhahahahaha.

Peyton:  "The league better give me another chance to beat the Colts before I retire!!!!"

Meanwhile, back at NFL "Headquarters,"  Goodell sits at his desk, thinking:    This didn't go as I expected.  Hmmmm.  Next year, it will be in Denver. It would be nice if Indy were missing a key player...say, a Linebacker.  Ye-es.  A linebacker....Muuuuuwahhahahahaha.

goodell- did you get the information

private detective- did you get the money

im just curious about what kind of relationship it is. we'll seen the montana/young and favre/rodgers 

I don't think there is any real animosity between them.  Really what happened turned out to be the best for both parties.

Andrew ended up the #1 pick overall and went to Indy.

Peyton went to Denver which gave him a better chance to compete for a SB before he retires then Indy could have given him.

Of course the main difference between Manning/Luck and Montana/Young and Farve/Rogers is that Montana/Young and Farve/Rogers where both on the same team at the same time for at least a couple of years.  So some of it probably developed by the starter looking over his shoulder realizing that his younger backup is his team's plan for the future and at some point he's going to be tossed out.  

Manning never experienced that with Luck.  It was just sort of he got hurt, we went through a bad season at the right time, realized we could get Luck and that we just couldn't turn down 15 years of Andrew Luck at QB.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't both Montana and Farve traded away?  On the other hand Indy didn't trade Peyton (I guess due to the roster bonus or whatever) they just released him which gave him the option to go play where ever he wanted to.   So the fact that Peyton got to pick his new team probably helped as well.  

im just curious about what kind of relationship it is. we'll seen the montana/young and favre/rodgers 

Well, the difference is that Luck and Manning were never on the same team at the same time.  So I can't see how it would ever be a sour relationship vis a vis the QBs.  Now maybe Peyton was disappointed in the franchise, but that's a different question than what you asked.

Well, the difference is that Luck and Manning were never on the same team at the same time.  So I can't see how it would ever be a sour relationship vis a vis the QBs.  Now maybe Peyton was disappointed in the franchise, but that's a different question than what you asked.

I think considering that Denver really put him in a better situation to win now I think he's probably over any issues he might have had due to his release.  

was it ever made public what was said between andrew and peyton after the game last year

Just speculation on my part here. No validity to this whatsoever. View this as how I wish the conversation went.

Luck to Manning: "Thanks BTW for telling Irsay to draft me. I know that couldn't have been easy in your shoes from your longstanding vantage point."

Manning to Luck: "Hey Andrew, it's the nature of the profession we play in. Nothing lasts forever, but I do appreciate your kind words & that you will carry on the mantle of dignity & integrity for this esteemed franchise."  

M-L: "How's your dad? Does he ever miss being the Commish over NFL Europe?" 

L-M: "No, not really too many read tape administrative headaches to contend with you know."

M-L: "Yeah, I can appreciate that."

L-M: "Are you okay after Mathis sacked ya? It looked like a good hit."

M-L: "I'm okay, but it does make me miss the INDY days when Robert couldn't touch me though. LOL! "

L-M: "I understand. Say hi to your dad Archie for me. Great game man & good luck this season."

M-L: "Will do. Keep up the good work Andrew & I hope INDY does well down the stretch too. See ya."

Completely different circumstances. They were never teammates unlike the other guys you mentioned. Plus , peyton has known Andrew since he was in jr high school

Just speculation on my part here. No validity to this whatsoever. View this as how I wish the conversation went.

Luck to Manning: "Thanks BTW for telling Irsay to draft me. I know that couldn't have been easy in your shoes from your longstanding vantage point."

Manning to Luck: "Hey Andrew, it's the nature of the profession we play in. Nothing lasts forever, but I do appreciate your kind words & that you will carry on the mantle of dignity & integrity for this esteemed franchise."  

M-L: "How's your dad? Does he ever miss being the Commish over NFL Europe?" 

L-M: "No, not really too many read tape administrative headaches to contend with you know."

M-L: "Yeah, I can appreciate that."

L-M: "Are you okay after Mathis sacked ya? It looked like a good hit."

M-L: "I'm okay, but it does make me miss the INDY days when Robert couldn't touch me though. LOL! "

L-M: "I understand. Say have to your dad Archie for me. Great game man & good luck this season."

M-L: "Will do. Keep up the good work Andrew & I hope INDY does well down the stretch too. See ya."

Are you sure you wont there? :thinking:haha

I think considering that Denver really put him in a better situation to win now I think he's probably over any issues he might have had due to his release.  

Maybe, I am not going to pretend to know one way or the other, because neither have publicly said so.  But the thing about grudges is, they don't always have to be rational.  It's kinda like when a chick breaks up with you that you really liked and you end up benefitting from it by dating a new girl you like even more than the last.  Happy about your situation now, but that doesn't mean you don't still think the old chick is a [expletive].

Packers forced Favre to retire. It was clear he truly didn't want to during the press conference.

Ehhh... Brett Favre vacillated between playing and retiring for three or four years, and finally the Packers got tired of waiting on his decision and decided to move on to Rodgers. Favre didn't have to retire if he didn't want to, but the Packers didn't want him anymore. He could have asked to be released (which he later did, and the Packers refused because they didn't want him to sign with the Vikings) or traded (which wound up happening, and the Packers packaged the third round pick they received to move up and draft Clay Matthews). 

I only point this out because it's not like the Packers held Favre hostage and made him retire against his will. They were ready to move on, and he wanted to keep playing. Both sides played it kind of messy, but I think it worked out for both sides once it all went down.

Oh Good Grief........

Peyton probably said congratulations Andrew,  and then Andrew said something respectful in return.

They were both raised in good families, with proper manners.   

They like and respect each other.   Deal with it.

Oh Good Grief........

Peyton probably said congratulations Andrew,  and then Andrew said something respectful in return.

They were both raised in good families, with proper manners.   

They like and respect each other.   Deal with it.

So why not just say that

Ehhh... Brett Favre vacillated between playing and retiring for three or four years, and finally the Packers got tired of waiting on his decision and decided to move on to Rodgers. Favre didn't have to retire if he didn't want to, but the Packers didn't want him anymore. He could have asked to be released (which he later did, and the Packers refused because they didn't want him to sign with the Vikings) or traded (which wound up happening, and the Packers packaged the third round pick they received to move up and draft Clay Matthews). 

I only point this out because it's not like the Packers held Favre hostage and made him retire against his will. They were ready to move on, and he wanted to keep playing. Both sides played it kind of messy, but I think it worked out for both sides once it all went down.

No, Favre didn't vacillate. He was a spoiled cry baby who loved all the attention his wishy washy calculated indifference garnered him on ESPN & all the other sports channel outlets 24/7. I detest Brett for such a selfish attitude. He refused to practice period & he held GB in limbo purgatory for as long as he could until GM Ted Thompson said enough of this nonsense #4 we are going with Aaron Rogers. Don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya son. Go chill on a tractor for all we care. 

I lived through that crap for far too long Brett & I refuse to forget your childlike temper tantrums. Will I play or won't I play? Who gives a crap Favre just leave ASAP. He deserves to be in the HOF yes & maybe he is a swell guy, but as a WI resident on training camp yo yo patrol, I was never so happy to see the pompous jerk leave WI for good. I hate his guts & you can quote me directly on that. #4 a legend? Well, he's a legendary something alright...Enough said. 

"It's not my job to mentor Aaron Rogers" Ah sorry Brett, it kind of is. Guslinger my caboose. Don't you mean throw into triple coverage, get picked off, & end the Packers playoff hopes. Grr! 

I'm not mad at you Superman. Favre just stirs up bad memories in me that's all especially among my family who love the Packers & bleed green & gold. Me. I bleed blue baby! 

I completely disagree with this.

Jim Harbaugh got noticed because he is a great coach. He is a little odd; yes. I will not disagree with that. However, he is a great coach. Harbaugh was on the track to become an NFL head long before he ever met Andrew Luck, just as Luck was on his way to become a great NFL quarterback long before he met Harbaugh. However, those two working together was a perfect match. 

I will also add something I have wanted to say for a long time now. I see Jim Harbaugh in Luck. I notice it quite often. There is no doubt that Harbaugh had a huge influence on Luck.

When it comes to Luck, the only thing Jim Harbaugh is upset about is that Andrew is not his quarterback.

Packers forced Favre to retire. It was clear he truly didn't want to during the press conference.

Yeah, because Favre knew his I might pull a hamstring at practice manipulation scheme had run it's course, was obsolete, & had fallen on deaf front office & fanbase Lambeau Field ears. 

I will give you props for the toughness you displayed against the 2009 New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship Game Brett, but barring that, my complements toward you terminate completely.