Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano: "Laron Landry needs to be dominant"

TKnight24

Absolutely agree with Mr. Pagano. It's time for Laron to step up and be that pro bowl level he was in his last season with the Jets

Article: http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Chuck-Pagano-On-LaRon-Landry-%E2%80%9CHe-Needs-To-Be-An-Enforcer%E2%80%9D/58a1288a-01fc-43da-8ea2-48dfdb512796

Tweet: @KBowenColts: Chuck Pagano on LaRon Landry: “He’s got to be an enforcer...He’s got to be a dominant, dominant football player…”

I like how Grigson spoke on Trent & now Pagano is speaking on Landry

Everyone needs to be held responsible if we're gonna build this monster

:colts:

For me, I dont see how his play against the Raiders projects to this year any more than Trent's low YPC last year projects to this year. JMO.

I'm looking at the Giants tape right noe. If our front 7 is really gonna be this dominant, it'll make the secondary have easier jobs. Landry was beat to the tackles seem like every play in the giants game haha

I'm looking at the Giants tape right noe. If our front 7 is really gonna be this dominant, it'll make the secondary have easier jobs. Landry was beat to the tackles seem like every play in the giants game haha

thats a good thing. your safety is your last line of defense

Damn....what's with this recent trend of Colts higher-ups publicly calling out high-potential players? 

We haven't even played game 3 of the preseason and our leadership is setting a firm, no excuses tone.

I like.  :thmup:

A few days ago, there were posters complaining about Pagano being effusive in his praise for Colts players. I think this is Pagano's version of "he needs to do a better job," with a touch of "we believe in him." Coupled with Grigson's matter of fact comments about Richardson, which, in context, make 100% sense, it seems like the expectations have been clearly set for some of last year's underwhelming performers.

The good thing is, with both Richardson and Landry, we've seen much better play out of them than what we got last year. Landry was a Pro Bowler in 2012 with the Jets, and now we hopefully have a front seven more like what the Jets already have built, making Landry's job easier. Richardson had nearly a thousand yards and double digit TDs in 2012, and we've gotten rid of our two worst linemen from last year, so hopefully his job will be easier as well. Like you say, the excuses are being taken away. 

I'm really looking forward to Saturday, not to mention the opener.

I'll be happy if he goes back to dominant in the run game and plays okay in the passing game

Agreed.  It's nearly impossible to be dominant in the pass game, when you're known for being a big hitter.  The rules have taken that part of the game away.

I'm not sure the DBs are even allowed to tackle the receivers anymore.

Agreed. It's nearly impossible to be dominant in the pass game, when you're known for being a big hitter. The rules have taken that part of the game away.

I'm not sure the DBs are even allowed to tackle the receivers anymore.

Landry needs to do a summer workout with Donate Whitner one time. He's a big hitter but still makes plays in the passing game.

Landry could learn something

Landry needs to do a summer workout with Donate Whitner one time. He's a big hitter but still makes plays in the passing game.

Landry could learn something

Dont' remind me, I was hoping we would have signed him in the spring.  Especially with S being probably our most 'status unknown' position.

(Him being a Buckeye had nothing to do with it)

Landry's minicamp/training camp soft tissue injury revealed.

Landry returned to Indianapolis for mandatory veteran minicamp in June, he was unable to participate because of what he now says was a hip injury.-IndyStar

Hips trying to tell him that upper body is too big to be carrying around

haha

Damn....what's with this recent trend of Colts higher-ups publicly calling out high-potential players?

We haven't even played game 3 of the preseason and our leadership is setting a firm, no excuses tone.

I like. :thmup:

Me too. Polian and Dungy always said that a player should make a big jump in second year of a system. Regardless of what people think of them I think that this is a pretty accurate statement.

The message was definitely sent by thethe men in charge. No more excuses. Put up or shut up so to speak

Lifting weights add weight. Obviously more weight on your joints and tendons arent good when trying to make sudden movements. Or quick cuts.

Lifting weights adds muscle and strength. It can also improve bone density, and it has tons of other physiological benefits.

Of course, all things in moderation.

Landry is built and plays the game like it is still 2002. He goes for the "jacked up" hits and often misses. That is what I saw a lot of last year. He needs to wrap up. Hopefully he will adjust to the new rules, bc if not and he does connect with a defenseless WR...he will be sitting games.

Lifting weights add weight. Obviously more weight on your joints and tendons arent good when trying to make sudden movements. Or quick cuts.

Lifting weights actually strengthens your tendons and ligaments. Unless you are taking steriods in which your muscle gets stronger faster than your tendons are able to which can cause damage. It's really all how you train.

Lifting weights actually strengthens your tendons and ligaments. Unless you are taking steriods in which your muscle gets stronger faster than your tendons are able to which can cause damage. It's really all how you train.

I think there is really no doubt he takes steroids

Landry is built and plays the game like it is still 2002. He goes for the "jacked up" hits and often misses. That is what I saw a lot of last year. He needs to wrap up. Hopefully he will adjust to the new rules, bc if not and he does connect with a defenseless WR...he will be sitting games.

That's what I saw also. Te thing about Bob was he came in for the big hit but very seldom did he whiff. Landry had a lot of swing and misses. Dude came in with plenty of speed though. Just needs to worry about wrapping up more than highlights and he'll be fine.

I think there is really no doubt he takes steroids

I think they're a no doubt a vast majority of the players take some kind of PED's. Steriods are actually not that harmful if used properly. It's *s that give everything a bad wrap. You can die from drinking to much water.