Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brees' oblique injury

sweetsurrender

Yeah. I would have sat him the rest of the preseason. Without him, the Saints are maybe a 4 win team.

Saints are loaded to me, so I think they could win at least 8 games. Ton of offensive weapons, Grahm, Stills, Colston, Meachem, Morgan, and Cooks. Great pass catching RBs. Top 5 o-line. And a really good defense that will be better than it was last year. Plus, one of the top 3 offensive minds in the game at HC.

Saints are loaded to me, so I think they could win at least 8 games. Ton of offensive weapons, Grahm, Stills, Colston, Meachem, Morgan, and Cooks. Great pass catching RBs. Top 5 o-line. And a really good defense that will be better than it was last year. Plus, one of the top 3 offensive minds in the game at HC.

Team is for sure good but back up Qbs leave much to be desired. And Payton has the O tailored specifically to Brees.

Team is for sure good but back up Qbs leave much to be desired. And Payton has the O tailored specifically to Brees.

Agreed. . . they don't have a strong run game, so they have to sling it a ton.  Which Brees can do and deliver them victories.  But there isn't a backup QB in the league who can sling it as often as Brees does and give you consistent wins.  

Brees at his best will take them to playoffs ( may be ).

No bounty gate, no saints. It's simple.

I'd bet that those close to the trade don't think that bountygate represents any sort of competitive advantage -  or even feel much about it other than "I'm glad they didn't catch and make an example of us".

Agreed. . . they don't have a strong run game, so they have to sling it a ton.  Which Brees can do and deliver them victories.  But there isn't a backup QB in the league who can sling it as often as Brees does and give you consistent wins.  

Brees is the only QB of the top 3 that is criticized for slinging it a lot. When Manning does it and runs the stats up to fuel his inflated ego, it just goes to reaffirm why he's the greatest ever. When Brees ran those stats up in 2011 (and Brady in 2007) we were constantly reminded how selfish he was, and what a stat hog he was being, flash forward to last year, Manning does, it everyone has to remind you it's the greatest QB season ever and he's just so mega awesome cause of it.

Brees is the only QB of the top 3 that is criticized for slinging it a lot. When Manning does it and runs the stats up to fuel his inflated ego, it just goes to reaffirm why he's the greatest ever. When Brees ran those stats up in 2011 (and Brady in 2007) we were constantly reminded how selfish he was, and what a stat hog he was being, flash forward to last year, Manning does, it everyone has to remind you it's the greatest QB season ever and he's just so mega awesome cause of it.

You need counseling

Manning had 9 more attemps than Brees last year. I would say they were both slinging it a lot. Why wouldn't they with the way the games are officiated now

good to see you understand the way it is. acceptance is the first step to recovery

I'm not criticizing Brees for slinging it a lot . . . I don't care how often he passes the ball nor if he runs up his stats.  This is the NFL, not some over-matched FCS team taking on Alabama, you don't get to complain about players or teams running up the score or their stats in the NFL. 

I'm simply stating a simple fact.  Their offense is designed around the passing game with very little help from the running game.  They have invested heavily in their QB, a great receiving TE and their receivers.

And that system works when they have that elite QB under center.  But you take Brees away from that picture and throw in his backup . . . or any backup for that matter and they are going to have a hard time winning a lot of games.

Because a backup QB just can not win games by throwing it as much as Brees or Manning.  

That's strange. I've never heard Drew Brees criticized for much of anything...

He's considered 'King Creole' in NOLA....a local superhoro.....probably due to the past 'success' of the saints before he came

..and nationally..no one ever expects New Orleans to actually win the title. they expect them to be good but not champs..

No one is picking the Saints to win the Super Bowl this year......and no one blames them..