Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco kick returner Norwood out for the year

oldunclemark

Jordan Norwood...who looked like he was going to make the Bronco roster as a receiver and kick runner..tore his ACL Wednesday and is done for the season.

....It wont affect the passing game but Norwood was supposed to replace Trindan Holliday...who took a free agent deal elsewhere.

Eric Decker ran back kicks, too, and obviously, he's with the Jets now..

Cody Latimer can run back kicks but he's becoming too valuable as a receiver and Emmanual Sanders is already hurting...

They don't want Wes Welker to run back punts anymore but its down to undrafted free agents

Jordan Norwood...who looked like he was going to make the Bronco roster as a receiver and kick runner..tore his ACL Wednesday and is done for the season.

....It wont affect the passing game but Norwood was supposed to replace Trindan Holliday...who took a free agent deal elsewhere.

Cody Latimer can run back kicks but he's becoming too valuable as a receiver and Emmanual Sanders is already hurting...

They don't want Wes Welker to run back punts anymore but its down to undrafted free agents

Latimer never returned kicks at IU. I bet Denver wish he did so they don't have to stick a starting WR back there.

Sanders would be the logical replacement for PR not as valuable as Welker but still has lots of experience. He is battling minor thigh injuries I think would be a go if this was for real.  Caldwell and Anderson both have a lot of experience with Kick Offs.

I have been kind of watching Holliday the Giants signed him before they drafted Beckham who was a good kick returner in college both punts and kick offs. I thought if he got cut he might find his way to us since we seem to be determined to find a KR maybe not now

I now Latimer isn't a kick returner but they're running out of choices,.

There is a free agent named ISiah Burke but he hasnt done well so far.

Latimer is being mentioned as a kick returner but he's also being mentioned as a starter if Sanders cant overcome his injury problems..

....Sanders is still not practicing..

I know its not earth shaking.....most kickoffs don't get returned and you can order the punt returner to fair catch it.

But its another injury in a pre-season that is too long

But its another injury in a pre-season that is too long

This is the first preseason that I've felt is really just too long. With camp, then four preseason games, it seems like it's more than necessary. I'm coming around more and more on the idea of cutting the preseason in half, especially with so many teams holding first stringers out for precautionary reasons anyways. The Texans held out JJ Watt the other night, for no reason other than that's how the wind was blowing that night. In a home preseason game, they held out their best and most popular player.

I think most teams would do better with these joint practices and scrimmages replacing two preseason games. 

This is the first preseason that I've felt is really just too long. With camp, then four preseason games, it seems like it's more than necessary. I'm coming around more and more on the idea of cutting the preseason in half, especially with so many teams holding first stringers out for precautionary reasons anyways. The Texans held out JJ Watt the other night, for no reason other than that's how the wind was blowing that night. In a home preseason game, they held out their best and most popular player.

I think most teams would do better with these joint practices and scrimmages replacing two preseason games. 

I agree. Get rid of the games and just have the joint practices and scrimmages. Although, I wonder if guys would get injured more in the regular season because they did not have enough game speed prior to the season starting. I remember Belichick saying back in 2011 that the new CBA rules that made coaches only hold one practice a day and no pad practices for some of them would cause players to get hurt more because they would get into proper football shape when the games rolled around. That seems to be true. I would like to see them go back to the old practice rules as well.

That's a very interesting idea.....Supe.....

The 4th pre-season game is for marginal players and a lot of vets sit out the first two. Fans pay to see them stars wear a baseball cap.

I'm, reading that coaches think they get a lot out of the controlled scrimmages with another team because they can . well, control them. Coaches also say they like being able to scout the marginal players on another team up close.

I'm a big fan of 18 games and 2 exhibitions.....the NFLPA says they're against it but of you add 3 players to every roster, their objection will go away..

This is one of those injuries that will fly under the radar until you see the affect on the field. I agree. They can't put Welker back there anymore and risk injury to his head.

I wonder if they will put a defensive back to return?

This is exactly why John Fox is who he is. Cant think out of the box.

Look at Belichick, who would have thought Blount returning kick and punt return?. And he did it well.

Broncos should try DT. I know its high risk and he is their number one receiver and all but he will light it up. Emmanuel Sanders seems like the option now.

This is exactly why John Fox is who he is. Cant think out of the box.

Look at Belichick, who would have thought Blount returning kick and punt return?. And he did it well.

Broncos should try DT. I know its high risk and he is their number one receiver and all but he will light it up. Emmanuel Sanders seems like the option now.

Lord no....Demariyus Thomas takes enough hits...you cant do that, Shane...

You need a guy who doesn't get hit..

Like a.m. says...a DB is a possibility..like that rookie from Ohio State...

But it wont be Sanders or Thomas

Nah, it is their 6th WR Isiah Burse behind DT, Welker, Sanders, Latimer and Caldwell, I heard, that could be given a chance. He was an UDFA if I remember right. Pretty much how it will play out if we keep 6 wideouts with Whalen doing punt return duties and Deji Karim signed for KR.

Don't overthink it.  Just get someone who can reliably fair catch the ball on punts and down it in the end zone on kickoffs.  The offense can move the ball at will on almost anyone as long as it isn't fumbled away on kicks and punts.

Key is getting someone reliable and not to expect them to gain any yards. As long as there are no fumbles, we are good.

Is he a kick returner or punt returner? If he's a kick returner it's not a big deal. They don't get returned anymore.

a kick returner IS a punt returner..think Devin Hester..

You're getting lost the word jungle.

Norwood was supposed to replace Holiday and Decker and Welker returning BOTH punts and kickoffs ..

For the recoed.///Holliday returns 4 kickoffs for TDs for Denver the last 2 years