Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense isn't Satisfied

akcolt

Here is a pretty good article mostly about D Jackson and how he is adjusting to the team. I like this guy good leader the same with Jones. I think we are going to get that with Adams too, That is a good thing a vocal vet in all 3 groups. I am feeling good about the D this year.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140820/SPORTS/140819556

I'm not convinced until I see Werner getting to the QB. If we don't get a real push up front, this defense will give up a lot of yards. The new rules will hamper Toler and Davis given Pagano's philosophy in the secondary.

Have you watched either preseason game? If you did you would have seen Werner putting tons if pressure. Not only that but they have been bring the blitz from all over the place. Our first team D has looked awesome. Can't wait to see them against the Saints.

Speaking of, who's still * about losing the sb to them? Every time I see them or hear the name my blood boils!

Have you watched either preseason game? If you did you would have seen Werner putting tons if pressure. Not only that but they have been bring the blitz from all over the place. Our first team D has looked awesome. Can't wait to see them against the Saints.

Speaking of, who's still * about losing the sb to them? Every time I see them or hear the name my blood boils!

Great.    Pre-season.

Now let's watch him do it in the regular season when things count.     Until then,  I remain a bit skeptical until Bjorn proves it with the game on the line.

To be clear,   I'm not saying he can't.   I think he can.    But he's got to do in the regular season.   Pre-season is just a different animal.

I have seen both pre-season games.  Werner has looked much improved over last year.  But that's a small sample size determine that Werner will deliver the level of pressure needed to be disruptive to the offense.

I could not be more excited about the defense this year. It's early yet but the defense looks

to be a title contending group.....read below in red. :lombardi:

Defense wins championships...

BUT

The best defense is a good offense...

I think we know who wins here...

Great. Pre-season.

Now let's watch him do it in the regular season when things count. Until then, I remain a bit skeptical until Bjorn proves it with the game on the line.

To be clear, I'm not saying he can't. I think he can. But he's got to do in the regular season. Pre-season is just a different animal.

I hate when people say "It's just preseason"

Then why are the players and coaches wasting time going to practice? If it doesn't matter, then call off preseason and just have the regular season

Werner is doing a great job thus far, preseason or not. And this isn't even our full defensive playbook. He's gonna be even better in the regular season

Hey New, u absolutely right.

Jackson was excellent at quickly filling the gaps against the run and maybe his wisdom helped Sheppard do the same.

And those Blitz packages were Kool and super well timed. Looked like the 85 Bears... ;-)  well, for our Colts it was darn good anyway.  Lots to be excited about!!

"The best defense is a good offense"

Tell that to Denver last year and every Colt's offense Peyton Manning lead

Yep, just ask Wilson, Flacco, both Mannings, Brady, Roethlisberger, Dilfer, B. Johnson and

a host of other QB's that would not have had a title if not for their top tier defenses.

Werner and his "Greatest Show on Turf" is excluded from this list.

Why did we need reminded of the lowest of the low points of the last decade and a half of Colts football. The friggin' Saints. Do not like.

I'm reminded of how terrible the coaching was in the SB and that 62-7 beatdown, how terrible the QBing was in 2011, how we refused to make any adjustments on defense, kept playing shell coverage five yards from the end zone, etc., and I'm grateful that we have a new front office and coaching staff, a top notch QB prospect, and a well-rounded roster. It's just preseason, but I hope to see a drastic contrast in this matchup.

I have no beef with the Saints, personally. They were doing their job. It's the Colts fault that they weren't doing as good a job when the two teams met up. 

Clearly a classical clash in which I would hope we would clampdown on those clumsy clowns

The progress our team presents in this game shall be a mere prelude to a premier era for our program, if the protocols we have proscribed in practice prevent our more prominent pratfalls.

Stop me if I'm getting too... prosaic.

Hey New, u absolutely right.

Jackson was excellent at quickly filling the gaps against the run and maybe his wisdom helped Sheppard do the same.

And those Blitz packages were Kool and super well timed. Looked like the 85 Bears... ;-) well, for our Colts it was darn good anyway. Lots to be excited about!!

Yeah I'm really digging all the different blitzes we are showing. Have really liked the play from DQ Jackson & Shepperd. We already know Freeman can play. Our line is very stout also. So happy about this Colts team.

Playing New Orleans in the 3rd pre-season game should be a very good test for our starting defense.  

The first two teams we played don't have very good offenses.  New Orleans does.  

They have a solid defense as well so it's a really good test overall.