Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cheap Therapy

ztboiler

We are all eager to see how this group of Colts will look when the live bullets start flying.  After an off-season of hand wringing about depth at key spots or lack of proven players at Safety and the O-line, we are left to wonder if we've done enough....especially after some tough injuries in training camp has thinned the herd.

Well....I just spent a few minutes browsing depth charts around the league, and I'm here to admit it is cheap therapy.  Amidst all the things we might squabble with each other and fans of other teams about, we can all unite on this simple reality when it comes to our rosters....we all have problems!

Ourlads isn't perfect in their projections, but they do a quality job of keeping things updated as teams experience changes. Good site for perspective around the league.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/

We are all eager to see how this group of Colts will look when the live bullets start flying.  After an off-season of hand wringing about depth at key spots or lack of proven players at Safety and the O-line, we are left to wonder if we've done enough....especially after some tough injuries in training camp has thinned the herd.

Well....I just spent a few minutes browsing depth charts around the league, and I'm here to admit it is cheap therapy.  Amidst all the things we might squabble with each other and fans of other teams about, we can all unite on this simple reality when it comes to our rosters....we all have problems!

Ourlads isn't perfect in their projections, but they do a quality job of keeping things updated as teams experience changes. Good site for perspective around the league.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/

Perception and reality are sometimes two different things.  Our roster really looks good, except for a couple unknowns (S and interior O line).  But we really won't know until we see them in a real game. 

Cleveland is supposed to have one of the best O Lines in the game, right?  They looked horrible Monday night.  It didn't help that their QBs and receivers weren't on the same page.  But their pro bowl linemen looked average at best.

BTW, I keep that site bookmarked.  It's usually fairly up to date.

Perception and reality are sometimes two different things.  Our roster really looks good, except for a couple unknowns (S and interior O line).  But we really won't know until we see them in a real game. 

Cleveland is supposed to have one of the best O Lines in the game, right?  They looked horrible Monday night.  It didn't help that their QBs and receivers weren't on the same page.  But their pro bowl linemen looked average at best.

BTW, I keep that site bookmarked.  It's usually fairly up to date.

In another thread I posted some QB pressure numbers (QB hits + sacks) and Cleveland had a combined 160 hits+sacks.  The next closest team had 136.  I thought that was quite strange that a line with two all-pro lineman gave up that much pressure.  It's like I (and many others on this forum have said for a while) the oline is a group where the whole can be greater than the sum of it's parts.

In another thread I posted some QB pressure numbers (QB hits + sacks) and Cleveland had a combined 160 hits+sacks.  The next closest team had 136.  I thought that was quite strange that a line with two all-pro lineman gave up that much pressure.  It's like I (and many others on this forum have said for a while) the oline is a group where the whole can be greater than the sum of it's parts.

True.  It looked like a lot of pressure was coming over their RT.  But with Thomas and Mack, you'd think they'd have no problem rolling the protection to the weaker pieces.  From what I saw, I couldn't blame the QBs for holding the ball too long.

BTW, I think we need ESPN and the NFL Network to do a little more Manziel coverage.  I don't even know what he had for breakfast this morning yet.  Somewhere Tim Tebow is smiling...

Enough already!

True.  It looked like a lot of pressure was coming over their RT.  But with Thomas and Mack, you'd think they'd have no problem rolling the protection to the weaker pieces.  From what I saw, I couldn't blame the QBs for holding the ball too long.

BTW, I think we need ESPN and the NFL Network to do a little more Manziel coverage.  I don't even know what he had for breakfast this morning yet.  Somewhere Tim Tebow is smiling...

Enough already!

How could you want less Manziel converage?  He's Johnny Football.

How could you want less Manziel converage?  He's Johnny Football.

Breaking News!  Johnny Football just had a cheeseburger at a Cleveland Wendy's.  There's now a shrine in his honor at the restaurant.

ESPN will be showing pictures of the burger and have exclusive interviews with the staff every half hour.  Set your DVRs.

Talking about therapy, two or three weeks ago, people were talking about how terrible our injuries were. Now that that's calmed down (knock on wood), and you take a look around the league and see other major contributors going down for the year, it's helps bring some perspective to the situation. Everyone has injuries this time of year. Hopefully our guys hold up moving forward.