Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should the Colts Consider Richie Incognito?

masterlock

I'm 110% for this.

He fills a desperate need, and does it well, I don't care about a players past, just how they act once they are here.

Anyone saying no just has a closed mind.

Not true... when a player has been KICKED OFF every team since college. There are other ways to fill these needs without bringing in a guy like him.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true... when a player has been KICKED OFF every team since college. There are other ways to fill these needs without bringing in a guy like him.

Give the man a shot, what is the worst that could happen? You're talking about a team they cut someone for playing with a fire extinguisher, I don't think we'd have a hard time letting him go if it didn't work out, and we have the cap space to do it.

Give the man a shot, what is the worst that could happen? You're talking about a team they cut someone for playing with a fire extinguisher, I don't think we'd have a hard time letting him go if it didn't work out, and we have the cap space to do it.

Ummm, that is the worst. If you can't get along with other players on that many occasions you have used you chances up. The time to find a new job has come. You don't know what went along with the fire extinguisher, and my guess is Rainey wasn't sharing the whole story on Twitter. Yes K. Richardson who they resigned has a past that I don't agree with either he robbed someone at gun point. 

People are harping on this semblance of human feces as if he is the savior of the Colt's season.  Instead why not try working out a trade with the 49er's for their ProBowl guard Alex Boone, who is currently in a prolonged contractual holdout.

People are harping on this semblance of human feces as if he is the savior of the Colt's season.  Instead why not try working out a trade with the 49er's for their ProBowl guard Alex Boone, who is currently in a prolonged contractual holdout.

Yea, that's what we need, less draft picks.

Even the hardest of men can be humbled, and if what he went through didn't humble him, nothing will. We're trying to win a Super Bowl. If he were to commit, he'd be held to it. 

That's what Nebraska said before they finally kicked him off, that's what Oregon said after Nebraska kicked him off, that's what Rams said after Oregon kicked him off, that's what the Bills said when the Rams kicked him off, that's what Miami said when the Bills let him go...

Look I'm all for 2nd chances.. just not 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th.

That's what Nebraska said before they finally kicked him off, that's what Oregon said after Nebraska kicked him off, that's what Rams said after Oregon kicked him off, that's what the Bills said when the Rams kicked him off, that's what Miami said when the Bills let him go...

I'm not supporting this issue either way. What I do support, what I trust is a man that has earned my trust. I would trust Chuck to be capable of sussing out Richie's value in a face-to-face. If Chuck says no to this, before, during or after any communication with RI's agent, I trust in his decision. 

A wildcard player like Incognito isn't what I fear. I fear my teams post season chances falling apart because my QB can't get a damn second to find a receiver. 

Couldn't have said it better. I don't think people have really looked into this guys issues enough. The whole Miami deal was just the cherry on top of a sundae made of crap this is the mans life in football. I'd hate to see what he does when the cameras are not rolling.

As much as I'd love to fill a big void like this....I just can't do it with Cognito, I just can't.

The one thing that makes our team special outside of our talent is our "spirit" or "character". I could never risk losing that by bringing a guy like him in.

I would be horrified. It would put a giant pit in my stomach. We'll find another way...

As much as I'd love to fill a big void like this....I just can't do it with Cognito, I just can't.

The one thing that makes our team special outside of our talent is our "spirit" or "character". I could never risk losing that by bringing a guy like him in.

I would be horrified. It would put a giant pit in my stomach. We'll find another way...

I hope we find a way too. But we will have to block guys like JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney so we dont want to have an O-line made up of all scrubs either.

He's one player, he's not going to single handed destroy the team. This team can handle him.

The question is, can he play?

Agree .. and thats the main question ... "Can he play?" ... Does he make the OL better ... IF yes than you get him, it's not that big of gamble.

Whats the worst that can happen (realistically now people)?  He would be on such a short leash ... plus you have people in our locker room that demand respect Wayne, Redding, Mathis, etc ... that would put a stop any nonsense before it ever started.

He will behave at least for one year, and thats all we need to worry about ... this season (as far as incognito is concerned)

Exactly.  You're talking about a team that just cut a guy for PLAYING WITH A FIRE EXTINGUISHER.  If they don't want that kind of distraction in the lockerroom, why would they go after someone like Incognito?  The one thing that both Pagano and Grigson have preached since getting here is that players have to have the right kind of chemistry in the lockerroom.  Incognito HARDLY fits that description. 

I'm 110% for this.

He fills a desperate need, and does it well, I don't care about a players past, just how they act once they are here.

so anyone that disagrees with you is closed minded?  gotcha.  One of the dumbest comments on the board.  Congrats  :thmup:

Because Incognito costs us 0 draft picks, a minimum salary, and no long term commitment. Which is not the case with Boone.

Someone over at Yardbarker suggested that the Colts should bring in Richie Incognito. I'm wondering whether this might not be a bad idea. Thoughts?

Source:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/colts_should_bring_in_richie_incognito/17001839?linksrc=story_team_indianapolis_colts_auto_module_head_17001839

No. We have enough problems

Exactly. You're talking about a team that just cut a guy for PLAYING WITH A FIRE EXTINGUISHER. If they don't want that kind of distraction in the lockerroom, why would they go after someone like Incognito? The one thing that both Pagano and Grigson have preached since getting here is that players have to have the right kind of chemistry in the lockerroom. Incognito HARDLY fits that description.

so anyone that disagrees with you is closed minded? gotcha. One of the dumbest comments on the board. Congrats :thmup:

Again, can he play? Let's assume yes. So, based on that he helps the team, right?

None of us can say he's the same guy as in college or earlier in his career, that's speculation. If the coaches and Grigs think enough of him to take a chance, then they think he's respectable.

You made a good point about the team not putting up with foolishness. So if they would bring him in, they'd hold him to that standard. Short lease, as others have said.

I don't see the downside - if he can play.

BTW, this is all probably moot. Has anyone even mentioned him coming here?

He's going to want to start and frankly our starters are set. I don't think he's the kind of guy who would embrace being a back up and traching younger players. He strikes me as the kind of guy who would cause problems because he's upset about not starting.

The guy seems to start problems just to start problems.

No, he is overrated, Decent Guard sure but not good enough to put up with headaches he has been know to cause, I'd Brian Waters, Gabe Carimi even to be a back up Guard...Though I get the feeling Carimi thinks a little to highly of himself from reports I read

Anything he has done pales next to Ray "Woman Beater" Rice.  The fact that Baltimore fans gave him an overwhelming ovation when he came back as if HE were the victim said a lot about them.  On our end, of all the football players alive and of playing age on the planet, surely there's a couple interior lineman who are better options?

I don't know all of Incognito's problems, but if it was only the hazing and foul language, then big deal.  Grown men on Pro Football teams should not be able to be hazed after all.  And it was clear that Martin participated in creating the environment that existed.  I'd rather have all around good people like Jeff Saturday who lift people up but I would also prefer a Pro Football Bully more than a wife/girl beater, attempted rapist, thief, drug addict or other lawbreaker.  If they avoid all those types (and they've already got some "projects" with bad stuff on their record on this team) fine, if they lower the bar, then I'd take Incognito over most of the other infractions out there if he can still play.  It seems like we let some existing players go that could have offered us depth.  I've liked 2 of Grigs 3 draft classes, but haven't cared much for his FA choices overall. 

Anything he has done pails next to Ray "Woman Beater" Rice.  The fact that Baltimore fans gave him an overwhelming ovation when he came back as if HE were the victim said a lot about them.  On our end, of all the football players alive and of playing age on the planet, surely there's a couple interior lineman who are better options?

I don't know all of Incognito's problems, but if it was only the hazing and foul language, then big deal.  Grown men on Pro Football teams should not be able to be hazed after all.  And it was clear that Martin participated in creating the environment that existed.  I'd rather have all around good people like Jeff Saturday who lift people up but I would also prefer a Pro Football Bully more than a wife/girl beater, attempted rapist, thief, drug addict or other lawbreaker.  If they avoid all those types (and they've already got some "projects" with bad stuff on their record on this team) fine, if they lower the bar, then I'd take Incognito over most of the other infractions out there if he can still play.  It seems like we let some existing players go that could have offered us depth.  I've liked 2 of Grigs 3 draft classes, but haven't cared much for his FA choices overall. 

It was much more then hazing and a little of it actually is neck and neck with what Rice did.......Check out what he did in 2012 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Incognito

He's one player, he's not going to single handed destroy the team. This team can handle him.

The question is, can he play?

Exactly, he's just one man, and he would be comming into a new lockerroom with established veteran leadership..

without his bullying buddies from miami, i doubt he'd cause problems here, at least not this year..

if he would, cut him, no big deal.. if he stays in line, he can help the o-line, so i'm all for it..

Exactly.  You're talking about a team that just cut a guy for PLAYING WITH A FIRE EXTINGUISHER.  If they don't want that kind of distraction in the lockerroom, why would they go after someone like Incognito?  The one thing that both Pagano and Grigson have preached since getting here is that players have to have the right kind of chemistry in the lockerroom.  Incognito HARDLY fits that description. 

so anyone that disagrees with you is closed minded?  gotcha.  One of the dumbest comments on the board.  Congrats  :thmup:

No, anyone who doesn't have an open mind is closed minded, your rebuttal is one of the dumbest comments in existence, thanks for the laugh. :lol:

Just so I can properly educate you, having a closed mind like yourself is not an insult, here is the definition:

Full Definition of CLOSED-MINDED
:  obstinately resistant to argument or to unfamiliar or unwelcome ideas

Some people choose to be closed minded, and that is OK, I was merely pointing it out.

I'm 110% for this.

Not so much closed minded as it is not wanting all that media coverage

And honestly we've been striking out with giving players another chance

Lavon Brazill

Chris Rainey

Just to name a few. Only one who's still on the straight & narrow is Da'Rick Rogers. I guess you can count the Na'Eese Richardson guy since when we first cut him it wasn't for behavior and now we brought him back so yeah

Not so much closed minded as it is not wanting all that media coverage

Colts fans are never satisfied, always complaining about media ignoring our small market team, and now not wanting all that media coverage :)

I know we want them to cover the colts non-stop for football reasons, not scandals, but any publicity is good publicity, no? :D

Colts fans are never satisfied, always complaining about media ignoring our small market team, and now not wanting all that media coverage :)

I know we want them to cover the colts non-stop for football reasons, not scandals, but any publicity is good publicity, no? :D

"Not all attention is good attention"