Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

congrats to jeff saturday

CR91

Is "so skinny" different than "not fat"? Cuz he don't look skinny to me. Looks like he weighs 250 at least. 

Yes, it does Ruksak. I just hope that Jeff didn't screw up his metabolism by losing all those pounds too quickly though. I respect Jeff, love him as an NFL analyst, & want him to stay healthy & well for a very longtime. 

Jeff did a great job

I haven't seen him speak yet today, but I will check it out on my DVR later tonight. I just like Jeff speaking voice, his commentary is always spot on, & he always looks right at people maintaining eye contact while his listening to other coaches, players, & other ESPN colleagues.

I admire that about Jeff; He really listens closely to people as a sign of mutual respect. 

I haven't seen him speak yet today, but I will check it out on my DVR later tonight. I just like Jeff speaking voice, his commentary is always spot on, & he always looks right at people maintaining eye contact while his listening to other coaches, players, & other ESPN colleagues.

I admire that about Jeff; He really listens closely to people as a sign of mutual respect. 

He's talented for the job, unlike most retired superstar players who butcher the English language, say "ummm" every other sentence, and are just generally unpleasant to listen to them trying so hard to articulate a simple point with the vocabulary of a 4th grader. 

People give ESPN a lot of crap, but at least they hire competent, talented speakers, professionals. NFLN has sunk so low, I'm not even sure they care that the voices of their network are dullards suffering from severe concussive repercussions. 

LaDanian Tomlinson is the worst offender by far. Someone should've spoke up a year ago about his horrific screen-presence and his inability to form a complete thought and relay it to the viewer. The same is true with him as with many of these guys leaving the filed and entering the media. They made great interviewees, but that same charisma did not translate to being great interviewers. 

But Jeff, he's awesome, a truly admirable guy. Was a professional and terrific football player, a talented speaker and by all accounts, a great husband, father, family man and human being. 

This is #Merica. 250 is skinny.

Jeff looks good.

This hashtag thing (#) makes me want to kill my pets out of pure spite for all living things whom burden me with their fancies and conventions in which they poke and prod at me to participate in. I implore you, fellow mankind, cease this fad henceforth or doomed be us all. 

This hashtag thing (#) makes me want to kill my pets out of pure spite for all living things whom burden me with their fancies and conventions in which they poke and prod at me to participate in. I implore you, fellow mankind, cease this fad henceforth or doomed be us all.

#ruksaklovestwitter

Nope

I enjoy hashtags

I think Jeff said after he retired he wanted to lose the extra weight to live a healthier life. Said something about he needed the extra weight to be a center in the nfl, but had seen many players retire and balloon up and not live as long or as well as he wanted to. Can't blame him I see how hard it is to lose weight and keep it off. Just think if your a 40yr old millionaire with lots of free time.

Can't blame him I see how hard it is to lose weight and keep it off. Just think if your a 40yr old millionaire with lots of free time.

I'm a 42 year old with lots of free time and am slender 6'1 185lbs. 

My secret?

I'm poor. Take that, Jeff Saturday and your heavenly blue eyes. 

Those eyes!

Doesn't matter what he weighs

I won't lie Nadine. SW1 had a good laugh over that line. Thank you.  :hat:  We can all depart for a moment so you can daydream about Jeff's mesmerizing stare if that helps you. Just Kidding! 

In all fairness to you, I get all "weak in the knees" when actress Zoe Saldana smiles so we all have our romantic crushes from afar.

Don't sweat it Nadine. We are all guilty of it in 1 celebrity or another.  :P

I won't lie Nadine. SW1 had a good laugh over that line. Thank you. :hat: We can all depart for a moment so you can daydream about Jeff's mesmerizing stare if that helps you. Just Kidding!

In all fairness to you, I get all "weak in the knees" when actress Zoe Saldana smiles so we all have our romantic crushes from afar.

Don't sweat it Nadine. We are all guilty of it in 1 celebrity or another. :P

Not sweating it just telling it like it is

The man has eyes for days

No weakness in my knees. At all

No crush, just his eyes are exceptional

He's talented for the job, unlike most retired superstar players who butcher the English language, say "ummm" every other sentence, and are just generally unpleasant to listen to them trying so hard to articulate a simple point with the vocabulary of a 4th grader. 

People give ESPN a lot of crap, but at least they hire competent, talented speakers, professionals. NFLN has sunk so low, I'm not even sure they care that the voices of their network are dullards suffering from severe concussive repercussions. 

LaDanian Tomlinson is the worst offender by far. Someone should've spoke up a year ago about his horrific screen-presence and his inability to form a complete thought and relay it to the viewer. The same is true with him as with many of these guys leaving the filed and entering the media. They made great interviewees, but that same charisma did not translate to being great interviewers. 

But Jeff, he's awesome, a truly admirable guy. Was a professional and terrific football player, a talented speaker and by all accounts, a great husband, father, family man and human being. 

Yes, LT may have been an exceptional RB but his mastery of grammar & basic public speaking needs some work. There's no shame in that BTW playing football & speaking about it in a coherent manner is a whole different animal. 

Jeff Saturday is fantastic though with a good tempo in his voice & useful information that makes a fan feel smarter. The only 2 analysts I respect on NFL Network are Rod Woodson & Solomon Wilcots. I like Sean Ohara too.  3 then apparently I can't count either. LOL!

Not sweating it just telling it like it is

The man has eyes for days

No weakness in my knees. At all

No crush, just his eyes are exceptional

Read the bolded line please & remember this quote: Denial [or the Nile] is not a River in Egypt" Nadine. I'm just saying... haha

Jeff always struggled to stay the size of an offensive lineman.

Jeff had actually a hard time staying fat in his playing days so actually it wasn't that hard for him to lose all that weight. He said it, as I recall.

Wow, Faneca's transformation is amazing, looks like 2 different people.

Lol same time.

You think that's a lot?  Check out Alan Faneca from his time in Pittsburgh:

6983c89bd4bb6bdfe1cd228efd9eaff4.jpg

And look at him now:

alan-faneca-marathon.jpg

I have to think in their playing days they ate everything in sight, and now that they are no longer player dropping the weight takes a lot of pressure off their knees or any other ailing body part. Jeff and Alan both look to be much happier. 

Oh, Ruk

Dont talk that way about Molly Qerin?

:blueshoe:   Jeff Saturday - AND - Ryan Diem had a "friendly competion" for losing their NFL career weight.  Knowing that they both are intelligent men - I am sure that they did so in an intelligent & carefully laid out plan.  They both look very svelte !!  :blueshoe: