Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redding considered retirement

Superman

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/07/27/colts-camp-notes-cory-redding-knows-retirement-looms-distant-future/13246269/

"I'm taking it one year, one day, one hour at a time," Redding said, smiling. "I thought last year was my last year, but I'm back again. There's a lot of wear and tear. I'm getting older.

Redding admitted he nearly retired after last season, but talked himself out of it.

"I had that time to reflect and felt I still had just a little bit more in the tank," he said. "I'm going to give it everything I've got this year and sit down again and have my whole process with my family and see what happens."

Final year of his contract, I bet he hangs it up after this. This kind of explains why we re-signed Fili Moala, if Redding gave the team a heads-up that he was considering retiring. Redding had a really strong season last year, and if we decrease his workload this year, he can probably be even more effective. Overall, I'm really glad he decided to stay. Our defensive line should be a strength this season.

I would love to get Redding in the front office or on the coaching staff after he retires. He obviously has a ton of love for Pagano. He's the kind of guy you keep around in whatever capacity you can. And even though he's only been around a couple years, I feel like's he's the embodiment of what these Colts are all about. I almost have him on the same level as Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis.

who once redding is gone will resume his role while rjf starts again or maybe hughes

I'm sure there will be plenty of moves made to accompany his retirement whenever he chooses to do so.. Could be anyone! ;)

Ummm Arthur Jones is replacing Ricky-Jean Francois

Cory Redding's replacement isn't here yet (that we know of)

You may be right,  but I don't think any of that is set in stone.

No one has said anything about who Jones steps in for as a starter.

Too soon to know......

You may be right, but I don't think any of that is set in stone.

No one has said anything about who Jones steps in for as a starter.

Too soon to know......

Starting defensive line (barring injury) will be Jones, Chapman, & Redding according to Stephen Holder

Which makes sense when you look at our defensive line options

Starting defensive line (barring injury) will be Jones, Chapman, & Redding according to Stephen Holder

Which makes sense when you look at our defensive line options

I don't think it matters who starts. RJF, Jones, and Redding will also be a "starting" type combo we see. Jones and Redding are the constants and RJF and Chapman will rotate in and out depending on situation. Although I'm sure we will see Jones, RJF, and Chapman a lot too, as well as the other depth players we have. 

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/07/27/colts-camp-notes-cory-redding-knows-retirement-looms-distant-future/13246269/

Final year of his contract, I bet he hangs it up after this. This kind of explains why we re-signed Fili Moala, if Redding gave the team a heads-up that he was considering retiring. Redding had a really strong season last year, and if we decrease his workload this year, he can probably be even more effective. Overall, I'm really glad he decided to stay. Our defensive line should be a strength this season.

Well I only have one thing to say about that:

"I'm Glad He is on My Team!"  :blueshoe: 

IMO redding should probably go ahead and retire. He has definitely lost a step and is injury prone.

Lost a step yes, but he's still effective.

Injury prone?  Dude played in 14 of 16 games in 2012 and 15 of 16 games in 2013.  He's not injury prone at all.

Lost a step yes, but he's still effective.

Injury prone?  Dude played in 14 of 16 games in 2012 and 15 of 16 games in 2013.  He's not injury prone at all.

He was excellent against the run last year, then kind of tailed off at the end of the season. Keep him on a stricter snap count to keep him fresh (which Arthur Jones helps with), and he should still be super effective for us, even if this is his final season.

He was excellent against the run last year, then kind of tailed off at the end of the season. Keep him on a stricter snap count to keep him fresh (which Arthur Jones helps with), and he should still be super effective for us, even if this is his final season.

I'm guessing Redding will split time with RJF.