Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RB Chris Rainey Waived

pgt_rob

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Came by to post this very thing. I knew many would be blindsided by this. From hearing his name pop up since Ballard went down, I was also taken by surprise. However the willingness to let a RB/KR go within the same week gives me a sense of confidence.

The guy is a runt and i wouldn`t at all look forward to him being the guy we might need to step up like D Brown had to. lol.
 Herron ran well, do they trust him to block well enough?
  I am sure Grigson has his eye on a few guys he likes.

Better to get someone here sooner rather than later. You know, the slow learner factor. like ahem, _  _ _ _ _.

The guy is a runt and i wouldn`t at all look forward to him being the guy we might need to step up like D Brown had to. lol.

Herron ran well, do they trust him to block well enough?

I am sure Grigson has his eye on a few guys he likes.

Better to get someone here sooner rather than later. You know, the slow learner factor. like ahem, _  _ _ _ _.

OH! I know this one!

Is it... A. Luck?

There has to be something to this. To cut a 2nd year player after a death blow to our RB depth is a bit odd. Either there was some kind of off field issue, or there is a plan to bring in someone else. It sure wasn’t to make room for Devin Megget. IMO we should have held on to Branden Oliver out of Buffalo. He just signed a 3 year deal with the Chargers with our old buddy Donald Brown.

I like that our organization doesn't deal with the crap. Follow the team rules or you're gone.

I think it depends strongly on who you are though.  

Rainey is a guy that is expendable so there is no reason to put up with anything from him.  But if say TY Hilton breaks some team rules, there might be consequences but it's unlikely he gets cut at the first violation.  We probably wouldn't even hear about it.