Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manziel Report

dw49

Hmmmmm……

9271.jpg

Sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer the Browns have been "alarmed" by the off-field actions of Johnny Manziel since trading up to select him with the 22nd overall pick in May's draft.

The Plain Dealer reports the team was particularly bothered by a picture that surfaced of Manziel rolling a $20 bill in a bar bathroom, suggestive of someone preparing to use snort cocaine. "Some in the organization feel he's lost ground in the quarterback competition heading into camp," adds beat reporter Mary Kay Cabot. Manziel reportedly "regressed in practice" this spring, and team brass believes it resulted from "not enough dedication to the playbook." Sources also told Cabot the Browns "have been stunned by his non-stop antics" off the field. All signs continue to point to Brian Hoyer starting Week 1 against the Steelers.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another Manziel thread?

Sorry , next time I'll check with you before starting a thread. Did you ever consider not putting your pointer on the link that opens the thread or not clicking ? That might be easier and less offensive that what you just did…

cant stand this guy not even having played a down in preseason and already acting like and being treated like he's the lebron james of the NFL way too much hypee for the guy tebow 2.0 to me.

I agree I can't stand him either I hope he chokes like no has before if the browns were a smart franchise (we all know they aren't) they would have drafted Teddy Bridgewater

I agree I can't stand him either I hope he chokes like no has before if the browns were a smart franchise (we all know they aren't) they would have drafted Teddy Bridgewater

i agree bridgewater or blake bortles seem to have the ostt upside for me but bortles is on the jaguars so while i like the guy i hope he sux too XD

Manziel will be the next Brady Quinn, all hype and no show.

Lets hope he can hang with the big boys...or he will have a very short career...

Also Manziel needs to learn to be humble. The way he has conducted over the last few months since the draft has not showed me that he will be a player like Luck/Griffin/Wilson/Kaepernick.

NFL Live: "today at Browns camp while everybody is just talking on the field, Manziel has on a team USA jacket while everybody else has Browns gear on"

Media Just won't let Manziel be great

That's because he is far from great. He is Brian Hoyers backup

NFL Live: "today at Browns camp while everybody is just talking on the field, Manziel has on a team USA jacket while everybody else has Browns gear on"

But he has to stop standing out for the wrong reasons. His turn to stand out on the field will come and he just needs to be patient. He can do his commercials off the field all he wants but he can be one among the others while with the team. With all of this, Brian Hoyer's leverage gets greater and greater for his contract extension, albeit as a safety net.

But he has to stop standing out for the wrong reasons. His turn to stand out on the field will come and he just needs to be patient. He can do his commercials off the field all he wants but he can be one among the others while with the team. With all of this, Brian Hoyer's leverage gets greater and greater for his contract extension, albeit as a safety net.

It looked to be before or after practice, everybody just standing around talking and he just put on his Team USA jacket and ESPN turns it into a story(not to mention another guy had a Chicago Bulls hat on but that's doesn't concern ESPN it's all Manziel.

This guy can't do anything, all these players getting arrested/suspended and they are talking about Manziel in a Team USA jacket

You guys love this kid.

Need some flashy lights and big sparkly banners for the weekly Manziel Report!

Shhhhhhhh! I'm reading my Manziel Report! I'll go eat dinner when I'm done!

Sports media makes Hollywood reporters look shameless in following famous people around all week with cameras.

Sorry , next time I'll check with you before starting a thread. Did you ever consider not putting your pointer on the link that opens the thread or not clicking ? That might be easier and less offensive that what you just did…

Please do check with me...

I'll let you know when the media fanboy saturation coverage of Browns second string QB wont offend either of us.

I actually think he's baiting people with this garbage and laughing while being prepared for everything...like a Patch Adams type gimmick. If I'm wrong though...yikes.

This isn't wrestling, and Johnny boy doesn't need a gimmick. Study hard, play hard, and reap the rewards. This guy failing will be sad to watch... but he brought it on himself.

Difference is the Pats drafted him in the sixth round. They didn't trade up to get him in the first round.

True. But trading up for a player usually means you have plans to have him be your starter for a longtime, and sooner rather than later.

The man is keeping Johnny Football down #racism

I actually think he's baiting people with this garbage and laughing while being prepared for everything...like a Patch Adams type gimmick. If I'm wrong though...yikes.

This post fills me with so much sadness.

Haven't ya'll ever heard of Joe Namath or Don Meredith or Norm Van Brocklin? No those guys aren't Joe Montana or Peyton Manning but that's not the point. Heck I remember seeing Norm Van Brocklin woofing down a cigarette on the field on some NFL Films thing. I'm not saying I condone such garbage but it's just a bunch of hype...it's just a bunch of junk that's happened before + attention in the year 2014 like every supposed new thing in the game.

I'll withhold my comments about him until after he's played a season or two in the NFL.

Coming from Ohio, and having many friends and family members that are Brown's fans, year in and year out,  I guess I am hoping for them that the team can finally get out of the funk they've been in for so many years...  Not convinced he's the answer, but you never know.... :dunno:

I'm shocked that Cleveland is shoked...lol. I think EVERYONE saw this coming. That said it doesn't mean he can't get things turned around but he may also end up like Marinovich years ago. Super talented but could destroy himself with poor choices/addictions...drugs or night life. Haven't seen a lot to cause me to root for the guy....and NOTHING showed me he was worth a first rd pick....just reminds me of the Brady Quinn deal years ago....Cleveland made the right choice with the first pick to take Thomas and then turned around and moved back up into the second to take Quinn. IMO....he was a late 2nd/3rd rd risk.I'd much rather rolled the dice on David Carr.

I'm shocked that Cleveland is shoked...lol. I think EVERYONE saw this coming. That said it doesn't mean he can't get things turned around but he may also end up like Marinovich years ago. Super talented but could destroy himself with poor choices/addictions...drugs or night life. Haven't seen a lot to cause me to root for the guy....and NOTHING showed me he was worth a first rd pick....just reminds me of the Brady Quinn deal years ago....Cleveland made the right choice with the first pick to take Thomas and then turned around and moved back up into the second to take Quinn. IMO....he was a late 2nd/3rd rd risk.I'd much rather rolled the dice on David Carr.

Actually they moved from the second (pick 36) to the 22nd pick in the first to draft Quinn. They gave up their 2008 first round pick to move up the 14 spots to select Quinn.

All about the attention,fame and money!!!! Thats what I see. He loves being in the limelight and not in the best of ways... thats for sure. Keeps it up and he's gonna be a forgotten name after a while. And slowly but surely all that money and fame is gonna start fading away. He keeps down this track, Id be willing to bet in about 2-3 years we will hardly ever hear of his name. His little ego needs to be popped!!!