Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Discussion thread 7/25

Bravo

There is a lot of post in yesterday's and didn't want today and yesterday to get mixed up. I want everyone to be able to easily find all of the very informative information!

I will not be attending today as I did yesterday but

Again practice is at 1:50

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really good question. You can make a case for all 5 of them. Donald, Reggie, Vick, Dwayne, Ahmad

I'm gonna go with Donald. Our interior line was so weak last year. If it improves at all Holmes and Thomas will get a large portion of the credit.

I'd go with Dwayne Allen with him in along with the receivers they will give opposing defenses fits. I hope we see some two tight end sets this season.

I agree. Dwayne Allen has such a ripple effect as an inline TE freeing Fleener to be a flanker TE and being a goal line target that the offensive efficiency has a chance to grow significantly with him in the line up, IMO.

That's a really good question. You can make a case for all 5 of them. Donald, Reggie, Vick, Dwayne, Ahmad

I had it down to Donald and Dwayne as well. As good as Dwayne is and how much he'll help, we have a great receiving corps without him and it's going to be Donald Thomas that fills a precious spot to protect Andrew Luck during the season. If he sticks and does his job well, it could be the difference between making the Superbowl or not.

And right now, all five of them are healthy and participating in camp. This team won 11 games last year, and a playoff game, without these guys. That's a significant infusion of talent. And it takes some pressure off of other guys who were trying to play roles that they really aren't suited for -- Fleener isn't a prototypical inline TE; Hilton is a game-breaker, but not a true #1 receiver (although he grew into the role); Thornton was pressed into service at LG; Richardson was the default starter, despite not being familiar with the team and the playbook. 

Getting these guys back is a huge boost for our team.

@KBowenColts: Which IR casualty from 2013 will make the biggest impact in 2014? That and more in this week’s “Four-Down Friday” http://t.co/no9UCEJ4we

:colts:

You know, Allen feels like the obvious answer, but think about how much we struggled after Reggie went down. Those losses to the Rams, Bengals, and Cardinals, and having to come from behind in virtually every game, after beating Seatle, Denver, and San Francisco. The offense just wasn't the same.

Although I'm sure Allen's the correct answer, Reggie could be a close second.

Why do I have the feeling that the "soft tissue" injury to Landry is going to be an ongoing issue throughout the season... He probably hurt himself in the gym doing his Muscle Pharm ads or some nonsense.

Hey Bro, you're a football player not a body builder. Just a reminder. Bob Sanders spent a ton of time in the gym and look how long he lasted. Focus on resiliency training.

Rant disengage.

Maybe this Mathis thing is good for Werner! They said he worked his butt of this offseason and it really showed day #1 of camp! If he can continue playing well through camp and stay healthy things are looking up!

I don't want to get my hopes up to high but he looked good!

Why do I have the feeling that the "soft tissue" injury to Landry is going to be an ongoing issue throughout the season... He probably hurt himself in the gym doing his Muscle Pharm ads or some nonsense.

Hey Bro, you're a football player not a body builder. Just a reminder. Bob Sanders spent a ton of time in the gym and look how long he lasted. Focus on resiliency training.

Rant disengage.

Landry will leave FB with lots of $$$ and good health, his #1 Priority IMO.

Maybe this Mathis thing is good for Werner! They said he worked his butt of this offseason and it really showed day #1 of camp! If he can continue playing well through camp and stay healthy things are looking up!

I don't want to get my hopes up to high but he looked good!

I've been saying this since Mathis's suspension. These first four weeks of the regular season will determine if Werner is starter quality. Whether that be for after Mathis retires or if we cut Walden next offseason to save money.

Two UDFAs to keep an eye on are Florida C/OG-Jonotthan Harrison and former bball player turned TE-Erik Swoope. Pagano speaks highly of both.

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

July 25, 2014

Lol.

We're on day two of Colts training camp and I've seen my first Peyton Manning Broncos jersey. The Colts one is fine. The Broncos one? No.

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

July 25, 2014

You know, Allen feels like the obvious answer, but think about how much we struggled after Reggie went down. Those losses to the Rams, Bengals, and Cardinals, and having to come from behind in virtually every game, after beating Seatle, Denver, and San Francisco. The offense just wasn't the same.

Although I'm sure Allen's the correct answer, Reggie could be a close second.

We know what Reggie is capable of when he sees the field, and he will no doubt make his presence known. However, having a guy like Dwayne Allen back along with Fleener will be the biggest difference maker in my opinion. Reggie will be the go to guy along with T.Y., but Dwayne will help in the redzone which is what we need to improve on. No more of the offense getting bogged down... and having to battle back in the 4th.

And right now, all five of them are healthy and participating in camp. This team won 11 games last year, and a playoff game, without these guys. That's a significant infusion of talent. And it takes some pressure off of other guys who were trying to play roles that they really aren't suited for -- Fleener isn't a prototypical inline TE; Hilton is a game-breaker, but not a true #1 receiver (although he grew into the role); Thornton was pressed into service at LG; Richardson was the default starter, despite not being familiar with the team and the playbook. 

Getting these guys back is a huge boost for our team.

Very true… especially the part about Hilton. 

For some reason I hear George Thorogood's Bad to the Bone and these guys walking in slow-mo

temp2014_0724_TC_0745--nfl_mezz_1280_102

Thornton looks like a monster now.  He will be the surprise of the OL.  He spent half the year beat up last year.  He will eventually become the mauler we need.  He showed that mean streak when healthy.  

(Non)-breaking news: #colts S LaRon Landry (the old soft tissue), CB Vontae Davis (groin) won't practice this afternoon. Precautionary.

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51)

July 25, 2014

Pagano says Werner has made a "huge" jump.

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen)

July 25, 2014

Great to hear about Bjoern Werner! If we can get him going to take pressure off Mathis as the only pass rusher we will be in great shape!

I took the day off today, I think Im coming down with a cold and Im also a bit short on money. I probably will take a break till the 1st

Sorry to hear all of that Gavin.  I hope things turn for you soon.  Heath first.  You gotta take care of number 1.   :)

New avatar....Freeman!!  Good choice to replace Angerer!! :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

Rant disengage.

Guys built like Sanders and Landry that ran sub 4-4's have a propensity to get injured…. Get what I mean ?