Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Blackmon Arrested

ColtJ82

It's an unfortunate situation, but I don't feel any sympathy for him or Gordon.  They have plenty of money and can afford treatments.  Not only that, but the NFL has a lot in place to help these players.  There are tons of current and former players and coaches that are willing to help them.  If it were something where he was too poor to afford treatment or there was no support system around him, then I would be more sympathetic.  But I feel no sympathy for him or Josh Gordon.  They both deserve whatever punishment they gets, and if that means their careers are over, so be it.

I can't say I'm shocked, but looking at the video what he did wasn't that bad I see worse driving every day. He was sitting in traffic on the line while trying to get into the turn lane... but it was the fact that when the officer stopped him his car smelled like weed. The end of the video when he tells the cop "You won't believe this, but I'm Justin Blackmon" was followed by the cop saying "Dude" before fading to black was sad. 

Did the story say he told the officer where he hid the weed? Wow. ..

....You've all said it. When you get millions of dollars in salary and the chance to play pro football and all you've got to do is stay off the weed ... and you cant stay off the weed..?

You need to go to the re-hab center and check in. Just find a nice 'funny farm' and stay awhile.

It's an unfortunate situation, but I don't feel any sympathy for him or Gordon.  They have plenty of money and can afford treatments.  Not only that, but the NFL has a lot in place to help these players.  There are tons of current and former players and coaches that are willing to help them.  If it were something where he was too poor to afford treatment or there was no support system around him, then I would be more sympathetic.  But I feel no sympathy for him or Josh Gordon.  They both deserve whatever punishment they gets, and if that means their careers are over, so be it.

I agree 100 percent. These players are well aware of the rules and signed a contract. If they don't have the mental will power to do and not to what they are well paid to do then it's all on them. 

I just don't get it. 

NFL careers are pretty brief. If you can stay clean for a few years, you'll have enough money to keep yourself high as a kite for the rest of your life. This guy and Josh Gordon... man, what wasted potential. 

At least do what Ricky Williams did and quit the game if you want to just hang out and smoke pot. 

He does not deserve to be in the NFL...

So many great kids could have taken his spot and make a significant impact.

I'd say throw the book at him, fire his a$$ from the NFL and let him think things over on how he blew it all.

These delinquents do not deserve to be part of the NFL...Gordon is another one of those guys.

It seems fame makes people more stupid.

The way people are cheering and doing cart wheels in hopes that weed is legalized, I highly doubt anyone takes treatments seriously anymore. That's the excuse I hear all the time. "Well it should be legal, who cares if they want to light it up".

:nutz:  Crazy.   I'm all for giving people 2nd chances... But sometimes it's like giving them a bullet to reload their gun because they missed you the first time around....  :sigh:

I just don't understand these young guys that can have great careers and throw it away on sheer stupidity.

The way people are cheering and doing cart wheels in hopes that weed is legalized, I highly doubt anyone takes treatments seriously anymore. That's the excuse I hear all the time. "Well it should be legal, who cares if they want to light it up".

You got that right!! I agree 100% no one takes weed seriously anymore it's a big damn joke seems like the whole planet does the crap nowadays

You got that right!! I agree 100% no one takes weed seriously anymore it's a big damn joke seems like the whole planet does the crap nowadays

My problem isn't with "is it good or bad" like everyone says. My problem is that many people are going to still be rotting in jail if it's legalized, and while they rot, someone at the top will be making countless amounts of money off the very thing that put those people in cell. It's sickening to think about.

I have a big problem with how the NFL treats guys who smoke weed compared to how they treat domestic violence or someone running someone over with a car and killing them. Quite simply, Roger Goodell is bad at his job.

Blackmon has always struck me as a smart and well-spoken guy and while I do not condone what he did, it's not the same thing as beating someone unconscious and only getting a slap on the wrist.

I have a big problem with how the NFL treats guys who smoke weed compared to how they treat domestic violence or someone running someone over with a car and killing them. Quite simply, Roger Goodell is bad at his job.

Blackmon has always struck me as a smart and well-spoken guy and while I do not condone what he did, it's not the same thing as beating someone unconscious and only getting a slap on the wrist.

Because weed has an impact on the mind of a football player. For some it could be a positive influence which inturn can be viewed as an unduly advantage over others.

I agree on how the domestic violence is handled. Personally I would prefer NFL to stay out of it and let the court of law decide.

Because weed has an impact on the mind of a football player. For some it could be a positive influence which inturn can be viewed as an unduly advantage over others.

I agree on how the domestic violence is handled. Personally I would prefer NFL to stay out of it and let the court of law decide.

Can you elaborate on the bolded?  Weed in no way shape or form enhances a player's performance. The NFL bans weed solely because it's use is/was criminal.

As for Blackmon, it's sad to see this happen again and again. He's honestly a good kid from what I hear/see; just can't seem to stay away from the weed. Hopefully he'll surround himself with the right supporting cast, and figure his life out.

Can you elaborate on the bolded? Weed in no way shape or form enhances a player's performance. The NFL bans weed solely because it's use is/was criminal.

As for Blackmon, it's sad to see this happen again and again. He's honestly a good kid from what I hear/see; just can't seem to stay away from the weed. Hopefully he'll surround himself with the right supporting cast, and figure his life out.

How is it criminal?.

So the legalized states are criminal. Ok.

I really think that Blackmon and Gordon are two guys that don't care about much else other than kickin' and chillin'.  If they have that they are happy enough. 

I'm not sure that we can judge them based upon our standards, where we think they are stupid for throwing away millions of dollars, financial security, and self respect gained by contributing to society.  I think there are a lot of people who simply aren't motivated by stuff like that.

Most of them aren't athletic enough to get college scholarships, so we don't hear about those poor souls.