Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When I watch film, Andrew has some of the most inconsistent mechanics in the nfl

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prove it, show a link.

How can I prove it? You've watched him, and I assume you watch the rest of the nfl. Andrew is great, but his mechanics don't seem consistent. His feet are sonetimes sloppy amd his motion can be elongated at times. I want to know cam this be fixed. Like how Rodgers mechanocs were completely changed.

How can I prove it? You've watched him, and I assume you watch the rest of the nfl. Andrew is great, but his mechanics don't seem consistent. His feet are sonetimes sloppy amd his motion can be elongated at times. I want to know cam this be fixed. Like how Rodgers mechanocs were completely changed.

I question his decision making from time to time, but his mechanics don't seem too bad to me. I just wanted to see an example or two where he made a few throws and his mechanics looked off. I'll take a close eye at training camp, thanks for pointing it out.

I question his decision making from time to time, but his mechanics don't seem too bad to me. I just wanted to see an example or two where he made a few throws and his mechanics looked off. I'll take a close eye at training camp, thanks for pointing it out.

He has nothing to back up any of his assertions, and is trying to bait people into arguing. That is his mo.

You guys have the best young QB in the league and you have to take a magnifying glass to find a flaw with him. Must be fun to do.

In case you haven't realized -- and it's clear that you haven't -- it's one fan.    One.    I realize that's a high number for you to count to,   but if it helps,  it's one more than zero, and one less than two.

Are you trying to tell me you don't have fans that make silly posts on your website?

Puh-leeze.     :facepalm:      Your condescension is weak.    Go sell it elsewhere.

I think Luck is somewhat deceiving.  He has a very odd motion and delivery.  Like they said before Pro Day, he looks like he really isn't trying to throw the ball hard. Like flicking his wrist, but it gets out of there.  So I think he is deceiving.  But he gets it done.  

What? Luck throws the ball the same way every play. If you want to look at someone with poor mechanics, look at matthew stafford or micheal vick.

Tim Tebow has the worst. Stafford has a cannon for an arm no matter what... and if he had accuracy he would be unbelievable. 

Tim Tebow has the worst. Stafford has a cannon for an arm no matter what... and if he had accuracy he would be unbelievable. 

I agree with both statements. But Tebow isn't in the NFL, and one possible reason Staffords accuracy isn't that good could be due to his mechanics.

I don't know whether you are just trolling the board for attention, or whether you are just ignorant.  Andrew Luck's mechanics have been analyzed by dozens of coaches and ex-NFL quarterbacks and the universal opinion is that Andrew Luck has the most advanced mechanics of any quarterback coming into the league that they have ever seen. His father was an NFL  quarterback and a family friend of the Manning family.  He attended quarterback camps, such as Peyton Manning's, since he was a child.  He is extremely intelligent and dedicated to his craft.  He has been working on his "mechanics" since he could walk.  Tell me again:  who the hell are you?

I agree with both statements. But Tebow isn't in the NFL, and one possible reason Staffords accuracy isn't that good could be due to his mechanics.

Yeah, no matter what type of ball you throw a sidearm motion is going to make it a little wonky. Rivers has a odd motion too.

I don't know whether you are just trolling the board for attention, or whether you are just ignorant.  Andrew Luck's mechanics have been analyzed by dozens of coaches and ex-NFL quarterbacks and the universal opinion is that Andrew Luck has the most advanced mechanics of any quarterback coming into the league that they have ever seen. His father was an NFL  quarterback and a family friend of the Manning family.  He attended quarterback camps, such as Peyton Manning's, since he was a child.  He is extremely intelligent and dedicated to his craft.  He has been working on his "mechanics" since he could walk.  Tell me again:  who the hell are you?

He is a human being they all have faults. It is best not to get ones self into trouble... trust me.

Good post......

And I'd add that he spent 4 years learning under the Quarterback Whisperer, Jim Harbaugh,  who did wonders for his game.

For a starting qb. Ok, maybe 2nd to Stafford. And one of the uglier throwing motions. Anyone else notice this and do you think he can improve it?

Colts Sin #1 Thou Shall Not give Any negative opinions regarding Andrew Luck or Thou shall suffer the wrath of the LuckLites and cast away to eternal solitude........ :funny: .........Oh for the record, I agree with you and yes he can improve it, In the mean time its damn fun to watch him work

For a starting qb. Ok, maybe 2nd to Stafford. And one of the uglier throwing motions. Anyone else notice this and do you think he can improve it?

You may be a troll, but his motion is a bit strange. Thought so even when he was at Stanford. He seems like he trys to guide the ball to the target. That said, I really don't care how it looks as long as the ball gets there. 99% of his bad plays are because he has some gorilla trying to tear kids head off. Improved protection is what he needs.

In case you haven't realized -- and it's clear that you haven't -- it's one fan. One. I realize that's a high number for you to count to, but if it helps, it's one more than zero, and one less than two.

Are you trying to tell me you don't have fans that make silly posts on your website?

Puh-leeze. :facepalm: Your condescension is weak. Go sell it elsewhere.

I know it is frustrating reading Bogie's posts but that comment may be one of the more positive he has posted in quite some time. Lol. When does he ever compliment a player? He agrees with most football fans that Andrew is the best young QB in the NFL, regardless of how he throws the ball.

Break it down for us.  Post an image tell us what is wrong with his form and explain what it should be and then post an image with a QB with the proper mechanics at the same stage.

"When I watch film, Andrew has some of the most inconsistent mechanics in the nfl"

The knowledge of football that you display clearly indicates that you should probably limit your "film study" to romantic comedies or anything on the Lifetime Channel. 

I think people make too big a deal out of these things.  

Look at Peyton he can't even put a freaking spiral on the ball anymore but he still gets it done.  

If the player has a quick enough release and the ball gets where it's suppose to go at the time it's suppose to be there then there are alot of things more important then throwing motion.

No one cares how cool you look throwing the ball, they care about where the ball is going.  

I don't know whether you are just trolling the board for attention, or whether you are just ignorant. Andrew Luck's mechanics have been analyzed by dozens of coaches and ex-NFL quarterbacks and the universal opinion is that Andrew Luck has the most advanced mechanics of any quarterback coming into the league that they have ever seen. His father was an NFL quarterback and a family friend of the Manning family. He attended quarterback camps, such as Peyton Manning's, since he was a child. He is extremely intelligent and dedicated to his craft. He has been working on his "mechanics" since he could walk. Tell me again: who the hell are you?

Why do I think if I called this person a name, I'd get banned? I have better things to do than come to a board that probably doesnt even have 1000visitors at a time to "troll" it. You sound like a sheep that just regurgitate what youve heard other more enlightened people say.

Andrew has admitted and some of his coaches have said he needs to work on his footwork constantly. For someone that went to all of those camps, you would expect his mechanics to be a lot cleaner. I watched him since he was a sophomore @ Stanford, so I'm not a Luck hater. Sometimes his mechanics are great and even his throwing motion looks shorter and quicker. Then sometimes he's raising his back foot and bringing the ball far back.

Some of u are making it seem like Im calling him a bum or something. I guarantee I've probably seen more Luck gms than most of u. If u didntbsee at least 90% of his collegiate career, I would say I have seen him more. And he's contiued to improve which gives me hope. But he does have things he needs to clean up. He's admitted as much.

And Luck doesnt even have a lot of progm on youtube. DVR

Why do I think if I called this person a name, I'd get banned? I have better things to do than come to a board that probably doesnt even have 1000visitors at a time. You sound like a sheep that just regurgitate what youve heard other more enlightened people say.

Andrew has admitted and some of his coaches have said he needs to work on his footwork constantly. For someone that went to all of those camps, you would expect his mechanics to be a lot cleaner. I watched him since he was a sophomore @ Stanford, so I'm not a Luck hater. Sometimes his mechanics are great and even his throwing motion looks shorter and quicker. Then sometimes he's raising his back foot and bringing the ball far back.

Some of u are making it seem like Im calling him a bum or something. I guarantee I've probably seen more Luck gms than most of u. If u didntbsee at least 90% of his collegiate career, I would say I have seen him more. And he's contiued to improve which gives me hope. But he does have things he needs to clean up. He's admitted as much.

Todays fun fact. Scroll to the bottom of the page. It shows how many people are visiting the board. And also, you're a troll. There isn't one person, let alone a professional athlete, that doesn't have something they want to improve upon.