Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

pass rush

OLD FAN MAN

Same thread......... Different day

But since we'll be getting the answer to this continuous question in short time, I'll bite

Werner

Might as well ask my mother to do the pass rushing. I'm calling that dude a mistake. What's the German word for Mistake? 

I just hope someone steps up and gets pressure because were gonna be facing what very likely to be two if the most prolific offenses in the League in just our first two weeks. If we cant get pressure it may be a long first two weeks. Its kinda a worrisome thought really.

with mathis out one fourth of the season who will step up and sack the qb? someone on the roster, or will we sign a free agent?

There's no free agent to sign.   That ship sailed months ago.

It's going to have to come from within....   Werner,  Walden,  Adongo,  Newsome (assuming he makes the 53)

And it's going to have to come from the ILB as well...   Freeman and DJax and McNary and anyone else we keep.

But it's also going to have to come from the DL....  Jones and RJF and Redding and Hughes, etc.

The whole defense is going to have to step up and raise their game.    One man can't replace Robert Mathis.

.......... He's only been here a year, how's he a mistake?

Ask me again in 2 years. 

He was a mistake. I love how the only way people can defend him is by saying how much time he's been here, because they certainly can't post a damn thing from him that shows anything but a flop in motion. 

Ask me again in 2 years. 

He was a mistake. I love how the only way people can defend him is by saying how much time he's been here, because they certainly can't post a damn thing from him that shows anything but a flop in motion. 

I really disliked the decision to draft him .... but, given the circumstances: learning a difficult position, switching positions, hurt his rookie year, etc ... even I am willing to give him another season before I label him a mistake/bust.

I really disliked the decision to draft him .... but, given the circumstances: learning a difficult position, switching positions, hurt his rookie year, etc ... even I am willing to give him another season before I label him a mistake/bust.

I think he was an overreach in the 1st round. There's nothing about his combine or scouting that indicated such value. I just didn't see the need to risk our 1st on him. 

Dude reminds me so much of Hughes, and so do the excuses I'm hearing for Werner. 

Ask me again in 2 years. 

I liked how he was alert, while in motion, and knocking down passes. I think he tied Freeney`s Career #.

As a draft board of College kids being ALL about projecting how players Might develope, that makes you full of ___ beans.

I think he was an overreach in the 1st round. There's nothing about his combine or scouting that indicated such value. I just didn't see the need to risk our 1st on him. 

Dude reminds me so much of Hughes, and so do the excuses I'm hearing for Werner. 

Is an "overreach" worse than or different than a "reach in the first round.?" 

Ask me again in 2 years.

You're throwing the book at a player based off ONE year. If that's the case, you must've thought Peyton Manning was a bust too after his rookie campaign

Its not just a consistent pass rush the Colts will miss with Mathis out, its when the game is on the line and the Colts need a turnover or a big stop. That's when Mathis is in beast mode and will be missed. Hopefully the offense is on cruise control by then and those plays aren't needed on defense..

Its not just a consistent pass rush the Colts will miss with Mathis out, its when the game is on the line and the Colts need a turnover or a big stop. That's when Mathis is in beast mode and will be missed. Hopefully the offense is on cruise control by then and those plays aren't needed on defense..

Darius Butler..........

He had a similar rookie season that Mathis had and werner missed three games

I know I'm about to get bashed for this post and I do believe that Werner will be a solid player. But Hughes is a better pass rusher than Werner.

If we could get half as much out of Werner that Hughes has given Buffalo as a pass rusher this board would go crazy with excitement.

You're throwing the book at a player based off ONE year. If that's the case, you must've thought Peyton Manning was a bust too after his rookie campaign

I don't think you paid close attention to my words. Manning showed flashes of obvious brilliance during his rookie campaign. Werner showed flashes of "meh". I don't expect a guy in his position to come out like an obvious HoF candidate, but I did expect something more tangible. Hopefully he comes into 2014 absolutely on fire, but I'm not holding on to that. 

I don't think you paid close attention to my words. Manning showed flashes of obvious brilliance during his rookie campaign. Werner showed flashes of "meh". I don't expect a guy in his position to come out like an obvious HoF candidate, but I did expect something more tangible. Hopefully he comes into 2014 absolutely on fire, but I'm not holding on to that.

He had better/equal stats to Dion Jordan who went in the draft way before he did. And he did that while playing a position he's never played before and missing time due to injury.

Ask me again in 2 years.

You keep giving this same rhetoric... I'm not sure how long you've been a Colts fan but I wonder if you were saying the same thing about Reggie Wayne after his first year here.

Might as well ask my mother to do the pass rushing. I'm calling that dude a mistake. What's the German word for Mistake? 

It's been a long time since I studied German but I believe the German word for mistake is ruksak.

I'm just kidding, just trying to have a little fun.  It's actually fehler, although fehlentscheidung is probably more the word you are looking for, that means bad decision.

I will say, you may be right but I don't think so.  I think he will prove to be a good draft pick by the Colts.