Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What will be Reggie Wayne's entrance to TC this year?

Dustin

Thx Super, very helpful. Didn't even notice the "More Reply Options" tab. As for uploading to a site and using the URL, I tried that with an image that I uploaded to Twitter, but it said that wasn't allowed. Is that just with a Twitter pic, or would that apply to Facebook as well?

That would apply to both of them.  One possibility is to make a free website or blog and upload the photos there (webs.com is free, I believe, and I think blogspot is too...there are many of them out there).  Then just use the copy link location function.  With the attachments, you have to be careful because it saves and stores them under your profile and takes up space (or at least, it did before....not sure if that's been changed or not).  Then, if you go to upload another picture, it might say the photo is too big even though you're under the limit.  So I tend to just upload them to a free website and then use the copy link location function.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't go to many games do you? There is a reason why home field advantage is a coveted advantage

Oh, I've been to my fair share.  Most recently, I was at the Chiefs at Colts playoff game.  And that crowd did not contribute to the win.  Crowds are reactionary bodies.  When things are going well they cheer and shout and jump up and down.  When things are not going well they are very quiet.  For example in the Chiefs/Colts game Mathis did not get his strip sack because of the crowd... the crowd got loud because of the strip sack.  Yet people will claim that "we" got the sack.

But it does look like Colts fans don't really do that much.  59 home wins, 52 road wins, not a big difference (#s are from 2012)

There have also been studies on the why home field offers and advantage, most of the advantage comes from being at home... sleeping in your own bed, eating your own meals being familiar with the hotel the night before the game, comfort level with the surroundings.

Scream "we" all you want, I don't really care.  But it's not your "right" and the crowd doesn't have as much bearing on the outcome of the game as the fans want to believe.

Oh, I've been to my fair share. Most recently, I was at the Chiefs at Colts playoff game. And that crowd did not contribute to the win. Crowds are reactionary bodies. When things are going well they cheer and shout and jump up and down. When things are not going well they are very quiet. For example in the Chiefs/Colts game Mathis did not get his strip sack because of the crowd... the crowd got loud because of the strip sack. Yet people will claim that "we" got the sack.

But it does look like Colts fans don't really do that much. 59 home wins, 52 road wins, not a big difference (#s are from 2012)

There have also been studies on the why home field offers and advantage, most of the advantage comes from being at home... sleeping in your own bed, eating your own meals being familiar with the hotel the night before the game, comfort level with the surroundings.

Scream "we" all you want, I don't really care. But it's not your "right" and the crowd doesn't have as much bearing on the outcome of the game as the fans want to believe.

So when an opposing quarterback has to call a timeout due to not being able to hear or he's not able to change a play due to noise, that has no bearing on the outcome of the game? Even if they're almost out of time outs? When Peyton had the crowd trained to be quiet when he was on the field and loud when the opposing teams offense was on the field, that was just for fun and not a strategy? Weren't "we" investigated for pumping sound into the loudspeakers at RCA because opposing teams were complaining about the sound levels? If it had no effect then why would they complain?

Oh, I've been to my fair share.  Most recently, I was at the Chiefs at Colts playoff game.  And that crowd did not contribute to the win.  Crowds are reactionary bodies.  When things are going well they cheer and shout and jump up and down.  When things are not going well they are very quiet.  For example in the Chiefs/Colts game Mathis did not get his strip sack because of the crowd... the crowd got loud because of the strip sack.  Yet people will claim that "we" got the sack.

But it does look like Colts fans don't really do that much.  59 home wins, 52 road wins, not a big difference (#s are from 2012)

Scream "we" all you want, I don't really care.  But it's not your "right" and the crowd doesn't have as much bearing on the outcome of the game as the fans want to believe.

Saying "we" which I never claimed, and having a direct impact on the game as fans in the stadium are two separate things. I was at the chiefs game too, and if you think the crowd didn't effect the final drive of the chiefs, especially the drive with intentional grounding you need to go back and re-watch it.

Truth be told, I've sometimes been inclined to say "we" myself. For whatever reason, I'm very inclined to feel both the "we" and exclusion from "we" after a loss. In fact, I've wondered if losses are so hard to take presicely because I have no real control over the outcome.

Warning: Does contain language

I like the brutal commentary mixed with the classical music backdrop like a frosted pretzel both sweet & sour at the same time. LOL!

Ill say monster truck and he will say the monster is built

Not a bad idea actually. Nice. It would funny if they were scheduled to report on "Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!" with a guy replicating a monster truck rally voice for training camp too. 

Saying "we" which I never claimed, and having a direct impact on the game as fans in the stadium are two separate things. I was at the chiefs game too, and if you think the crowd didn't effect the final drive of the chiefs, especially the drive with intentional grounding you need to go back and re-watch it.

On the "we" part, I mixed up two posts and attributed it to you.  I apologize for that.

I don't need to re-watch the game.  The crowd is not why the Colts won.

I realize I'm not going to change anyone's opinion or anything but using your logic from this post then I can safely say.  That I am a part of any organization in which I buy their products.

Spending money does not make you part of an organization that just makes you a consumer.  Paying extra taxes does not make you part of the organization.  And while I agree the 12th man can cause a penalty now and again and make things tough for the opponent to hear, you would be hard pressed to point to any game and say...the other team would have won had it not been for the crowd.

And further, the people that refer to the team as "we" and "us" or any other personal pronoun and/or wear official jerseys, I do not think are bad people or delusional or disrespectful to the team.  It's just not something I do and I think it's a little silly and a little presumptuous.

Yeah I was a little * off by when people were refering to the the United States world cup team as "we" or "us".   Fans just don't get it. 

Or when the navy seals found the person responsible for Sept. 11th.  "We" didn't find him.  The Navy Seals did.  Give credit where credit is due.

Infact we should define the word "we" or "us" so it does not get used improperly.  I would think "we" or "us" would be a group of people you have direct interaction with at a certain time.  ex. We went to the restaraunt because my family was hungry.  However, the wait staff, the management, the cooks, nor the people around my family is considered "we".  So therefore grouping fans into saying "we" need to be louder or "we" need to get off our butts and cheer.  That would also be an incorrect use of the term "we" or "us".