Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2014 Colt-strong fantasy league

There has been some interest in a 3rd fantasy league outside of Andy's two leagues.  We currently have 4 people who are interested.  

This would be a mostly fun league that wouldn't be connected to Andy's two leagues mainly because a couple of players would be playing in both.  So you can play if you are already playing in one of the other two forum leagues.

Please state on here if you are interested in playing in this league. 

I would say we need to have a total of 8 players to justify having a league, so at least 4 more players should do to at least start the league.  But we can take more then that obviously.  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been some interest in a 3rd fantasy league outside of Andy's two leagues.  We currently have 4 people who are interested.  

This would be a mostly fun league that wouldn't be connected to Andy's two leagues mainly because a couple of players would be playing in both.  So you can play if you are already playing in one of the other two forum leagues.

Please state on here if you are interested in playing in this league. 

I would say we need to have a total of 8 players to justify having a league, so at least 4 more players should do to at least start the league.  But we can take more then that obviously.  

Just a suggestion..Why not re title this to...(sorry for the font  i copied and pasted.)....and ask Nadine to pin it to both the fantasy football and Colts forums..that way..you'll probably catch the attention of someone who wasn't sure to perhaps try it out, or someone who really wants to play and is new and unsure...as not everyone visits the FF Forum....just a thought..

2014 Colt-strong fantasy league..PLAYERS WANTED

Or maybe also do a semi daily status update advertising that players are needed...

Just a suggestion..Why not re title this to...(sorry for the font  i copied and pasted.)....and ask Nadine to pin it to both the fantasy football and Colts forums..that way..you'll probably catch the attention of someone who wasn't sure to perhaps try it out, or someone who really wants to play and is new and unsure...as not everyone visits the FF Forum....just a thought..

2014 Colt-strong fantasy league..PLAYERS WANTED

Or maybe also do a semi daily status update advertising that players are needed...

I'm not sure how to do either of those to tell you the truth.  

So for the first I would have to create a new thread with that title and PM Nadine and ask him to pin it to both the fantasy football and Colts forums.  

The status update I might be able to figure out how to do.  

It was weird because last year there was a ton of players who wanted to play.  

I'm not sure how to do either of those to tell you the truth.  

So for the first I would have to create a new thread with that title and PM Nadine and ask him to pin it to both the fantasy football and Colts forums.  

The status update I might be able to figure out how to do.  

It was weird because last year there was a ton of players who wanted to play.  

The first one you got right...Create a new thread with that title, and ask Nadine to pin it for a couple weeks to it gts people's attention. in on the Colts Forum as well.

For the second..up at the top of each page, you'll see tabs for Forums, Gallery, Status..etc...Click on status, and put a little message saying something like...Players needed for 3rd fantasy league team..we need at least 4 more players to start...please respond to post titles (whatever it is you want them to post in)...then when you enter it...it shows on everyone's pages on the right hand side under recent status updates...when it disappears...update the status again..because only like 5 or 6 show at a time...

It just might help get the word out to more people who might be interested in playing...

What site is it on? If it's on NFL.com or CBSSPORTS.com, I'm in.

Was going to do it on yahoo.  Sorry if that's a problem I'm just not familiar with the other two.  If either of you are still interested though we'd be glad to have you.  

Ok so far we have through various places (I'd prefer if everyone would make a post here so I've asked a couple of guys to do that.)

1. Valpo2004

2. Buccolts

3. OffensivelyPC

4. B-Town

5. Hoosiernsvaga

6. colts8718

Jared Cisneros & Bluex40 are question marks right now.

As far as rules that are different from standard anyone have any preferences?  I've toyed with a few ideas in my head but they probably arn't that popular so it's no big deal.  Unless there is an idea that receives pretty wide support I'll probably just stick fairly standard rules.

The first idea was awarding probably a half a point for a first down for receivers, RB's or TE.    

The second idea was mostly as a way to reduce the premium put on RB's would be to reduce the number of required RB positions to 1 and make it a flex position instead.  Could go in the form of QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, TE, Flex or QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, Flex, Flex

Anyways we can toss around a few ideas and if anything receives a large degree of support we will go with that.  Otherwise standard rules.

Ok so far we have through various places (I'd prefer if everyone would make a post here so I've asked a couple of guys to do that.)

1. Valpo2004

2. Buccolts

3. OffensivelyPC

4. B-Town

5. Hoosiernsvaga

6. colts8718

Jared Cisneros & Bluex40 are question marks right now.

As far as rules that are different from standard anyone have any preferences?  I've toyed with a few ideas in my head but they probably arn't that popular so it's no big deal.  Unless there is an idea that receives pretty wide support I'll probably just stick fairly standard rules.

The first idea was awarding probably a half a point for a first down for receivers, RB's or TE.    

The second idea was mostly as a way to reduce the premium put on RB's would be to reduce the number of required RB positions to 1 and make it a flex position instead.  Could go in the form of QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, TE, Flex or QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, Flex, Flex

Anyways we can toss around a few ideas and if anything receives a large degree of support we will go with that.  Otherwise standard rules.

Im good with whatever Valpo, I do like keeping it simple and standard. But my preference would be QB, RB,RB,WR,WR, TE, Flex, K, Team D. I like this format with 12 teams or less. I agree to take out the second RB on a 14 team league though.

I'm not a huge fan of PPR and especially ST points like return yards (places backup WR and RB too high).

I dont mind the minus for team defenses for points scored against, maybe passing and rushing yards against, +500 total yards, etc. But keep in mind though that it will penalize the D for your own QB throwing a pick 6 and also ST scores.

Please tell me we are planning on playing with a team defense. I hate those individual defensive player leagues... LOL

Im good with whatever Valpo, I do like keeping it simple and standard. But my preference would be QB, RB,RB,WR,WR, TE, Flex, K, Team D. I like this format with 12 teams or less. I agree to take out the second RB on a 14 team league though.

I'm not a huge fan of PPR and especially ST points like return yards (places backup WR and RB too high).

I dont mind the minus for team defenses for points scored against, maybe passing and rushing yards against, +500 total yards, etc. But keep in mind though that it will penalize the D for your own QB throwing a pick 6 and also ST scores.

Please tell me we are planning on playing with a team defense. I hate those individual defensive player leagues... LOL

Yeah I'm going with team defense.  I think trying to do individual player defense would be just way way too complex for what we are aiming for here. 

I've never played it but I think individual player defense is fine if you are having a really really committed and competitive league where everyone is really into it.  But that's not what I want here, I don't have that kind of time and I don't think most people do. 

Big fan of open waivers and PPR helps keep running backs value from not being to decisive and have to have all around teams not just the best backs wins it . I'm open though . Best league I play in is QB RB RB WR WR  WR TE Flex defense would have to look not sure on bench but it's 5 or 6 .

Ok Bluex40 said he'd play, so please send me your e-mail via message when you get a chance and I will get to creating the league.  Also please post a quick vote on PPR

I'm listing the players and what I see as their vote on PPR based on statements on here.  Please let me know if I am misinterpreting you.

1. Valpo2004   -   Yes

2. buccolts   -   ?

3. OffensivelyPC   -  ?

4. B-Town  -  Yes

5. Hoosiernsvaga   -  No

6. colts8718   -   ?

7. Jared Cisneros   -   Yes

8. Bluex40   -   ?

9. Colt 92   -   Yes

We are still accepting more players however and it would be good to get more.  Since we have 4 Yes votes on PPR (unless I am mis-interpreting someone) then if we get one more yes vote I will count it as a majority and set it up as a PPR league.  If you join now you can still log a vote to be counted however once I get a majority of the active players at the time voting for PPR we will play it as PPR. . . does that make sense and sound fair?

I have set up the league and sent invitations to the 3 people who have sent me their E-mails thus far.  Please message me your E-mail address for an invite.  And as I said there are still spots open for anyone else who would like to play.  

Draft is tentatively set for Sun. Aug 31 at 8 pm eastern.  Please let me know if this draft time doesn't work for you.

Ok IndyD4U has joined our number so here is how it looks right now.  If you have a ? mark by your name I have not received your E-mail.  The invited ones obviously need to check their E-mail but they where just invited like 5 minutes ago so I'm not worried about them.

1. Valpo2004 - Joined

2. Buccolts - Joined

3. OffensivelyPC - Invited

4. B-Town - Joined

5. Hoosiernsvaga - ?

6. Colt8718 - ?

7. Jared Cisneros - Joined

8. Bluex40 - ?

9. Colt92 - ?

10. IndyD4U - Invited

Also if everyone could review the rules and let me know if there are any issues.  I had to redo the the rules because earlier I had been playing around to see what was possible and it apparently saved that, so I have no idea what the default rules are.  

My intention was default rules + PPR at this point.  

One more announcement to make. . . I was reminded today that I have another baby coming in November and if you have kids you probably know that's a pretty crazy time. 

It shouldn't affect my ability to play but in order to have someone who could take care of any issues during this time I'm going to be assigning co-commissioner access to Buccolts and OffensivelyPC.  

1. Valpo2004 - Joined - Commish

2. Buccolts - Joined - Asst. Commish

3. OffensivelyPC - Invited - Asst. Commish

4. B-Town - Joined

5. Hoosiernsvaga - ?

6. Colt8718 - ?

8. Bluex40 - ?

9. Colt92 - Joined

10. IndyD4U - Joined

3. OffensivelyPC - Invited??? - Asst. Commish

4. B-Town - Joined

5. Hoosiernsavga - Need E-mail

6. Colt8718 - Need E-mail

8. Bluex40 Joined

9. Colt92 - Joined

10. IndyD4U - Joined

11. LegendofLuck - Need E-mail

There is a team on the fantasy league called Roid Rage Heros that I can't place as it's not associated with any of the E-mails that I have received.  This league should be invite only so I'm guessing that it's OffensivelyPC but I'm not sure.  He I don't think has been on much since his wife just had a baby, (which I more then understand) but I'm not going to assign Asst. Commish access until I know that it is him.  

Presuming that Roid Rage Heros is OffensivelyPC then we have 3 spots available.  Of course if it's somehow an intruder I would likely kick him out anyways to make room for a forum member.    

3. OffensivelyPC - Invited??? - Asst. Commish

4. B-Town - Joined

5. Hoosiernsavga - Need E-mail

6. Colt8718 - Need E-mail

8. Bluex40 Joined

9. Colt92 - Joined

10. IndyD4U - Joined

11. LegendofLuck - Need E-mail

12. Funktacious2 - Invited

2 more possible spots open at this point.  

Ok I have Fish as the 13th player and we will accept one more.  I may not be able to check the forums again until Monday, so don't worry if you send me a message and I don't respond right away.  

If you get in after the 14th player has said they will play still leave a message because I have a couple of guys who havn't been responding to me requests for their E-mail.  We'll give them some time to respond, at least til the end of the month but after that I'll drop them and move onto an alternate.  

3. OffensivelyPC - Invited??? - Asst. Commish

4. B-Town - Joined

5. Hoosiernsavga - Invited

6. Colt8718 - Invited

8. Bluex40 Joined

9. Colt92 - Joined

10. IndyD4U - Joined

11. LegendofLuck - Invited

13. The Fish - Invited

14. MTC  - Invited

I'm still trying to figure out Roid Rage Heros.  Anyone know who they are?  I sent an E-mail to them and am also waiting on a reply from OffensivelyPC to see if that is somehow him.  

Andy has advised me that a person should only be able to join via the E-mail address that I sent the invite to, so this makes me curious as to if this could be an intruder. 

Ok so update

3. OffensivelyPC - Joined? - Asst. Commish

4. B-Town - Joined

5. Hoosiernsavga - Invited

6. Colt8718 - Joined

8. Bluex40 Joined

9. Colt92 - Joined

10. IndyD4U - Joined

11. LegendofLuck - Invited

13. The Fish - Invited

14. MTC  - Invited

Also I noted that Colt8718 joined with an E-mail different from my invite E-mail.  I checked to make sure it was him and it was.  Apparently it can log you in with your yahoo E-mail.

This is all fine I just need to know if it's the case with you so I can make sure I have everyone.  

Based on this I'm thinking Roid Rage Hero's actually is offensivelyPC.  I will get this clarified with him when he comes back on and as long as it is him I'll assign him asst. commish access.  

Good news is that for the moment all appears well.