Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brad Wells gone from Stampede Blue.

Dustin

Doing this move means I have to take a break from bashing/cheering for the Colts and the NFL. Also, after 8 years at one blog, it's time.

— Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL)

July 9, 2014

"Doing this move means I have to take a break from bashing/cheering for the Colts and the NFL. Also, after 8 years at one blog, it's time."

Direct link to his twitter: https://twitter.com/StampedeBlue

THANK YOU

I TOLD YOU ALL, GOD IS REAL, HERE IS THE PROOF

LOL!!!

Him overseeing a site dedicated to the Colts on SBNation was a good one, foundationally. The messages were not sound whenever they came from him, there were other writers who got overshadowed because of him. So, the good parts, that are the site and some of the other writers, stay :).

Everyone here knows how I feel about Brad Wells. No need to repeat that anymore. 

This site is a great resource. They killed it at training camp last year, with more information than anywhere else. They've had access, and now have more resources than they did in the past. It can be a really good site.

Just saying it's a lot of work history to start a new job doing something else.  He doesn't say if he accepted another offer

I don't know what he does behind the scenes, but he certainly can't claim to be a writer (or at least a good one).

His one talent was getting page hits, for being controversial (and that's being kind in description).  But I think a lot of us just quit clicking on anything with his name on it.  We were all tired of his act.  I bet his page hit count was steadily declining.

Doing this move means I have to take a break from bashing/cheering for the Colts and the NFL. Also, after 8 years at one blog, it's time.

— Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL)

July 9, 2014

"Doing this move means I have to take a break from bashing/cheering for the Colts and the NFL. Also, after 8 years at one blog, it's time."

Direct link to his twitter: https://twitter.com/StampedeBlue

You know things are not good when even the writer uses the word "bashing" to describe their own work. A little creative criticism goes a long way... but bashing makes you as a writer look bad. I noticed in some of his tweets addressing the issue he is talking about others who helped him out along the way, but it always goes right back to I, me, my. He seems a bit self absorbed.

Meh, I never paid much attention to him one way or the other, I don't think he is as bad as everyone makes him out to be but I certainly never agreed with alot of what he said, I wish him the best in Vancouver.

I'll kick them when they're up, but not when they're down.

Essentially, for any writer to take "I paint it real" stance, means that every team that doesn't win it all should be dressed down verbally. What a wonderful world that would be. 

In, I'm sure, unrelated news.  A local 30 something Indianapolis native was kicked out of his mom's basement the other day.

I normally don't take joy in another person's misfortunes, but darn CD that was harsh humor at it's finest. Jolly good wit sir! 

Mr. Wells will land somewhere. Tabloid journalism that operates in a fact free zone always has an open vacancy in several media markets. Can you tell that I don't hold Brad in high regard? LOL! 

Don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya...Good Bye & it's nice to know that miracles can still occur in this world beyond Christmas time. I sure won't miss you. I can promise you that. 

Meh, I never paid much attention to him one way or the other, I don't think he is as bad as everyone makes him out to be but I certainly never agreed with alot of what he said, I wish him the best in Vancouver.

Yes, but there's a difference between constructive criticism & endless complaining IMO Gavin. Vancouver eh? Well, if it were up to me, Mr. Wells would be covering sports in Siberia. The guy just annoyed the hades out of me. 

SW1 is just ecstatic that Wells is gone from INDY forever. Do you need any help packing your belongs Brad? Let me know. I'm just trying to speed up your departure/transitional move ASAP. 

I will gladly drive you to the airport too. I wouldn't dream of making you miss your flight Brad...