Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaRon looks ready

pac2

All I care about is performance on the field--tackling ability, coverage ability, and staying on the field. I couldn't possibly care less about the diameter of his upper arm, despite how impressive it is. 

What blows me about Landry is if he wanted to solely only work on his body, why didn't he become a body builder? Why be a football player when you're only gonna give 110% in the weight room?

On the field he's boom or bust, weight room he's all boom. If his effort to be such a chiseled work of art could translate to his field play, he'd be a top 5 safety imo

What blows me about Landry is if he wanted to solely only work on his body, why didn't he become a body builder? Why be a football player when you're only gonna give 110% in the weight room?

On the field he's boom or bust, weight room he's all boom. If his effort to be such a chiseled work of art could translate to his field play, he'd be a top 5 safety imo

You know nothing of how he prepares for games. He obviously has a great work ethic

Guess I don't need to add a backhanded comment.........several posters already nailed it.

I like the idea of a punishing safety. As much as I despise Rodney Harrison, Laron may hit harder, but he isn't even in the same zip code when it comes to smart play. But as usual. I like to think positive....

This season....here is to LL putting ++ in their eyes and putting them to ZZZZ until the clock reads 00:00.

Meh...In other news we still need an actual Cover Safety....But Grigson will find that out soon enough. September 7th cant get here soon enough

What about that Mike Adams guy? Could have sworn another safety was brought in to maybe start or push the current starter. No idea if he is the longterm answer or a stop gap guy.

What about that Mike Adams guy? Could have sworn another safety was brought in to maybe start or push the current starter.

I'm hoping that guys like Howell and Sergio Brown will be able to step up because they are going to be needed more. Howell started in Landry's place last year... and put up some numbers against San Fran, Seattle. Jacksonville doesn't count. Sergio is a madman on special teams. As far as Mike Adams goes I'm not exactly sure what to expect with him as Denver didn't exactly have that great of a defense during his stint.

I'm hoping that guys like Howell and Sergio Brown will be able to step up because they are going to be needed more. Howell started in Landry's place last year... and put up some numbers against San Fran, Seattle. Jacksonville doesn't count. Sergio is a madman on special teams. As far as Mike Adams goes I'm not exactly sure what to expect with him as Denver didn't exactly have that great of a defense during his stint.

Yeah I too think that it'll be Howell (though a few games is a small sample size, he'll have to live up to expectations in TC) to start the season because a quick search of this Adams guy doesn't really instill confidence. He doesn't miss games though so I guess that's a plus. I've literally seen no film on him but who knows, if he can actually play (he's been around the league on several different teams) then he could get the nod over one of the other guys. The DC uses his safeties a bit differently though so I'm sure that'll factor into the decisions that are made.

I personally think LL was playing out of place last year + the fact he was banged up hampered his ability to be what he can be. He is a solid player when healthy and on his game. He was great for the jets the year before last. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt last year.

Many give up too easy, Werner, Trent, LL and others will have another shot this year to prove many of us posters wrong and I GUARANTEE you some will. It may not be Landry or it may be, but some attitudes will be changing about players this season. Just that gut feeling, well + it seems to happen every friggin year!!!!!!!!!!!

What about that Mike Adams guy? Could have sworn another safety was brought in to maybe start or push the current starter. No idea if he is the longterm answer or a stop gap guy.

Bingo there is the cover safety that is his game he is a stop gap guy like 32 but he will should be helpful to the younger guys. He is one of those guys that his physical gifts don't blow you away like Laron but everytime you look up there he is starting I am guessing a hard worker something really good to have around a young group like we have I think there are a couple of UDFA's that stick on the back end at least to the PS

I hope he does but if he doesn't the Colts might release him after this year depending on his cap hit.

This is a 'make or brake' year for him, so he better be ready.

i don't think he is likely to get cut after this season, regardless of his play/health..

LL's cap hit for 2015 is 5,75 mil$ and if released dead cap hit would be 3,5 mil$.. not a big save on salary cap room and you still have to get someone to replace him..

in 2016 however, his cap hit is 7,75 mil$ and if released dead cap hit would be only 1,75 mil$.. that's when i think he definitely get's cut..

i don't think he is likely to get cut after this season, regardless of his play/health..

LL's cap hit for 2015 is 5,75 mil$ and if released dead cap hit would be 3,5 mil$.. not a big save on salary cap room and you still have to get someone to replace him..

in 2016 however, his cap hit is 7,75 mil$ and if released dead cap hit would be only 1,75 mil$.. that's when i think he definitely get's cut..

Cap wise You must be right! I'm usually not considering cap issues since I'm not a big 'capologist', still I think he may bury himself if he can't produce this season.

Laron was actually ballin before he got hurt.

Yeah, I agree. He looked good to me. 

I'm sure we all remember Bob Sanders. Dude was a muscle bound tank, instinctive and vicious. After earning the distinction of NFL defensive player of the year, his career imploded from repeated injury, earning him the nickname form me.....Glass Bob. 

So toward the OP, being a beast in the weight room doesn't mean squat toward his worth as a player. If a player can't stay healthy, nothing he does means squat. 

IMO, a healthy Landry is our best option in the backfield. 

Cap wise You must be right! I'm usually not considering cap issues since I'm not a big 'capologist', still I think he may bury himself if he can't produce this season.

neither am i, but i have been looking into it lately to find out when could we cut our losses with under-performing over-paid players ;)

and you are right, if LL has a terrible season, he might get cut, but if he has another season like last year, taking his contract into consideration, we might be stuck with him for another year..

neither am i, but i have been looking into it lately to find out when could we cut our losses with under-performing over-paid players ;)

and you are right, if LL has a terrible season, he might get cut, but if he has another season like last year, taking his contract into consideration, we might be stuck with him for another year..

Anyway, I hope he will start to perform. S was our wake point last season. 

looks like he put on about 5 more pounds of muscle! i see why he doesn't wrap up tackle any more,he just throwns he body,still one of the hardest hitting players

His arms are too big to even wrap around to tackle. That's why he tries missile launch leaving his feet tackling. 

I'll agree, when he hits, it's youtube worthy, but unfortunately he misses more than he tackles. 

if he gets released it won't be about savings it would be about performance but I would admit 2016 is probably more realistic for that but hopefully he has an all-pro season and we don't have to think about thatl.

google spotrac colts to see players salary and dead $$$.

It is SAD to see goofballs talk about cutting players and being Clueless about this Huge issue.

And Laron should be tradeable after this season if we should Want to.

We may have an UDFA this year that could be nearly his equal by next season. For what $450,000. Go Dewey!!