Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richard Sherman wins the Madden cover vote

ReMeDy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had the last laugh for all his critics.

People can whine all they want. Nothing changes the fact that he is a SB champion.

Good post Shane I agree. He did get the last laugh.

Just glad it isn't Cam Newton who won over him too (or Kaep). He didn't deserve any cover IMO. As much as I like Luck, I didn't think it was time for him either yet.

with that mouth he should be lite up repeatedly.

Yeah this much negative energy does no harm to him. He can retire tomorrow and still is the winner.

He is not participating in Mr.Nice competition. I don't get hatred towards his big mouth. Moreover, everytime he opened his mouth, he was provoked first.

I mean you just wish he fails coz you don't like him for "non football" reasons but give it up man. He is the richest CB and a SB champion.

As realistic as it seems, it's rigged.

Yes...someone fetch my smelling salts. :thmup:

This is as much about the Madden NFL bottom line as it is whatever player is on the cover, and Richard Sherman....for now....is the hottest marketing tool there is for the product. It's no accident that John Madden is the second wealthiest present or former NFL player...behind only Roger Staubach (real estate mogul)...thanks to the wild success of this video game.

And even though I'm closer to the Wednesday night bingo crowd than the 24/7 gaming crowd, I appreciate the educational value of Madden NFL.

After all....think of all the future NFL scouts and GMs who cut their teeth on Madden NFL, learning wise front office decision-making and gaining precious football knowledge and...uhhhh, well...never mind.

He had the last laugh for all his critics.

People can whine all they want. Nothing changes the fact that he is a SB champion.

As long as a player has skill, he can act like a jerk. Right?

When Luck devoured this overrated mouth last year, he suddenly had little to say, aside form trying to point at his teammates after getting throttled by Hilton. 

As long as a player has skill, he can act like a jerk. Right?

When Luck devoured this overrated mouth last year, he suddenly had little to say, aside form trying to point at his teammates after getting throttled by

Hilton.

Richard doesn't really talk against another player unless something is directed at him or his team first. That whole thing with Brady was provoked and so was the Crabtree rant. He is actually very courteous and respectful, as I remember he had nothing but good things to say about Andre and the Texans even after we lost. I also remember him being respectful and having fun with Andy before they actually played each other. He doesn't do anything differently trash talk wise than any player in the league.

Richard doesn't really talk against another player unless something is directed at him or his team first. That whole thing with Brady was provoked and so was the Crabtree rant. He is actually very courteous and respectful, as I remember he had nothing but good things to say about Andre and the Texans even after we lost. I also remember him being respectful and having fun with Andy before they actually played each other. He doesn't do anything differently trash talk wise than any player in the league.

Yep

Don't get the hate on Sherman that kid can play for me any day. Smart player, plays the game hard, plays for the team, and is a winner.

He was the salutatorian coming out of HS in Compton. He went to Stanford earned an undergraduate degree and at least started his master's,  He was a WR and led the team in receptions his first year but switched to DB after injury for his final two years because that is what the team needed. Part of the 12-1 team and is now the best CB in the NFL. He was also a track star at Stanford.  Great story.

Congratulations Sherman.

I'm far more impressed by players that handle provocation like gentlemen, as opposed to going full ghetto. That one incident made a poor impression on me, and I don't think anyone could rightfully blame me. I'd like to see him get beyond that sort of retaliatory behavior.  

Yeah...how he reacts to others' comments is a big reason why he won this popular vote.

I simply think he's overrated.  Just because he's able to stifle that hall-of-fame duo of passing skills...Kaepernick and Crabtree...it doesn't warrant the recognition he gets as a player, IMO.

I'm far more impressed by players that handle provocation like gentlemen, as opposed to going full ghetto. That one incident made a poor impression on me, and I don't think anyone could rightfully blame me. I'd like to see him get beyond that sort of retaliatory behavior.

No, can't blame you. But there are two sides to every story, and this is a game where trash talk is never in short of abundance.

Yeah we know, he's black and sometimes he talks a lot. But, that does mean he is going "full ghetto" or whatever it is you are implying here. :facepalm:

Quick question - Do you think he has talent as a football player?.

This is all so stupid too. He won the cover, big deal. And before the SB this year the media spent way too much time hyping up Sherman's rant as if it was THAT important. Everyone got caught up in it and people even called him names and some were borderline racist. Instead of focusing on the actual game and matchups before it you had to hear about Sherman.

Who is to say who has to act a certain way in the NFL as long as it's not breaking any major rules or hurting other players intentionally? You think the players are going to cry "Wahhhhh Sherman is mean, I hate him."

If the entire league acted exactly the same it would get boring. And having some guys shout, rant and have some antics or fun at times is not going to hurt us. People need to lighten up if this bothers them that much when there are way more important issues in life.

Quick question - Do you think he has talent as a football player?.

Sure. He's a solid CB. A bit overrated IMO, taking full advantage of a great backfield support system. 

I also think Peyton Manning has talent as a football player. BUT....we'll never see him run up to a defeated opponent, screaming in his face, mocking a fallen adversary. 

I find it hilarious that people bash Sherman, the dude has skill and he proved it, plus he tells it how it is. I'm sure if we were to ask Luck he would agree with me on Sherman, just because he doesn't follow the cookie cutter NFL "good guy" mantra doesn't mean he's the bad guy.

This is all so stupid too. He won the cover, big deal. And before the SB this year the media spent way too much time hyping up Sherman's rant as if it was THAT important. Everyone got caught up in it and people even called him names and some were borderline racist. Instead of focusing on the actual game and matchups before it you had to hear about Sherman.

Who is to say who has to act a certain way in the NFL as long as it's not breaking any major rules or hurting other players intentionally? You think the players are going to cry "Wahhhhh Sherman is mean, I hate him."

If the entire league acted exactly the same it would get boring. And having some guys shout, rant and have some antics or fun at times is not going to hurt us. People need to lighten up if this bothers them that much when there are way more important issues in life.

Well said. 

But part of the issue here is that for as many people who DON'T like him for how he acts, there are just as many that DO like him for how he acts......which is why he is on the cover......he's popular.  

And no, he's not on the cover because of his play...he's a cornerback. 

I mean you just wish he fails coz you don't like him for "non football" reasons but give it up man. He is the richest CB and a SB champion.

You Mean What ?

I just wish ? 

And you are ?

Nostradamus I presume ?  Let me speak for my self if thats okay with you ...

Actually I wish him ill will because he is a classless  punk on the football field & Off in interviews I saw he looked & acted like a fool  .

I know nothing of his non football life & don't care rich & a SB champ  SO friggin what  .. That  don't make you a man but your actions do speak loud & clear & he is a jerk IMHO..

If your a fan of his good for you I'm not .

Sure. He's a solid CB. A bit overrated IMO, taking full advantage of a great backfield support system.

I also think Peyton Manning has talent as a football player. BUT....we'll never see him run up to a defeated opponent, screaming in his face, mocking a fallen adversary.

You do tend to ignore the fact that everytime he does that he was provoked. Watch that Crabtree video carefully. Sherman went to shake hands first and Crabtree rudely walked away. Also Crabtree said not so nice things during off season.

Brady incident - Tom told the legion of boom come see him after Pats win.

You Mean What ?

I just wish ?

And you are ?

Nostradamus I presume ? Let me speak for my self if thats okay with you ...

Actually I wish him ill will because he is a classless punk on the football field & Off in interviews I saw he looked & acted like a fool .

I know nothing of his non football life & don't care rich & a SB champ SO friggin what .. That don't make you a man but your actions do speak loud & clear & he is a jerk IMHO..

If your a fan of his good for you I'm not .

Yeah his action spoke I think?. Ever watch him play or just focus on his mouth?.

Please explain to me "going full ghetto". I often wonder why those NASCAR drivers that get out there and fist fight never get stereotyped the label thug. Is that not acting like thugs? How come those tags only get thrown on black players with big mouths and/or tattoos?

Before the Super Bowl, the media turned this into a "good guy vs bad guy" thing cause we had to be reminded every 5 seconds that Manning is the classiest and greatest person in the world as a role model and Sherman is just a loud mouthed thug, boo hoo.