Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***Official 2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***

Indianapolis Colts 2014 NFL Draft  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Colts Trade Their Draft Picks During The 2014 NFL Draft?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...what a knee jerk pick. Imo of course. Too me this is panic over Clowney. The chance to take Ealy, Nix, Gaines, Brooks and we take a 3rd round gaurd?

I hope the oline does great this year since our dline will be the same... ran on

This has nothing to do with Clowney.     Clowney is Castanzo's concern.

This has to do with Thomas, our guard who is likely not as healthy as we want nearly 5 months after the season ended.

So, we drafted Mewhort to play LG.....   he either starts, or he's insurance for most any spot on the line.    He's a very good player.

So did the members explode with happiness or unhappiness?

Thumbs up?

OR....

Thumbs down?

Inquiring minds want to know.......

I was hoping we wouldn't draft a WR because we don't need anymore, but at pick 90 and Moncrief sitting there. Why not? He is a really good receiver, i'm surprised he didn't go before guys like Latimer and Mathews.

Moncrief was a great pick. One of the few WR's in the draft with size and deep play speed. The odds of both Wayne and Nicks staying healthy all season is slim and both will be free agents. I thought we should have drafted Nix or Brooks in the 2nd. Hopefully Ed Reynolds falls to us in the 5th round because we need defense.

This has nothing to do with Clowney. Clowney is Castanzo's concern.

This has to do with Thomas, our guard who is likely not as healthy as we want nearly 5 months after the season ended.

So, we drafted Mewhort to play LG..... he either starts, or he's insurance for most any spot on the line. He's a very good player.

Ok so we used our 2nd Rd pick on a 3rd round gaurd to backup a starting injured LG?

Instead of grabbing competition at a weak point on the team who could potentially start and definitely share time on a weak defensive line... k

In response to Clowney reaction. Did I say he's drafted to handle Clowney? No I said in response. They picked oline because of that presence of pass rush instead of drafting a fit at a need.

Ok so we used our 2nd Rd pick on a 3rd round gaurd to backup a starting injured LG?

Instead of grabbing competition at a weak point on the team who could potentially start and definitely share time on a weak defensive line... k

In response to Clowney reaction. Did I say he's drafted to handle Clowney? No I said in response. They picked oline because of that presence of pass rush instead of drafting a fit at a need.

OK....

You're a very, very unhappy Colts fan.

Sorry to bother.     Hope you feel better tomorrow.

OK....

You're a very, very unhappy Colts fan.

Sorry to bother. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

I'm unhappy? Lol I'm no where near ...I disagree with a pick and give you my reasoning, then listen to yours and incorporate and I'm unhappy? I'm just talking football that's it. My happiness literally has nothing to do with this nor is it effected. I just think it's a not so good pick.

Yea it fills a need, but I've watched Indy go all offense 14 years prior too Luck and I know what that doesn't get you. I also watched the playoffs and know we got ran on at will. 2 and 2 together.

Solid draft I think for the Colts so far, Now I dont think I would have drafted Mewhort at 59, If we are talking simply an O Linemen and not another position I would have went with either Gabe Jackson...Who I think is a bit more of a mauler then Mewhort or Billy Turner who has superior agility without losing much if any strength. Im hoping Dion Bailey is still on the board come the end of round 5 but I doubt it or Kenny Ladler, Sad to see Jerick Mckinnon come off the board. David Fluellen I have my eye on at RB later

Solid draft I think for the Colts so far, Now I dont think I would have drafted Mewhort at 59, If we are talking simply an O Linemen and not another position I would have went with either Gabe Jackson...Who I think is a bit more of a mauler then Mewhort or Billy Turner who has superior agility without losing much if any strength. Im hoping Dion Bailey is still on the board come the end of round 5 but I doubt it or Kenny Ladler, Sad to see Jerick Mckinnon come off the board. David Fluellen I have my eye on at RB later

I find it impossible to believe Grigson is not going to trade into the 4th round.    He'll offer a 2015 #3 for a '14 #4.     I don't see Grigson waiting 6 picks before we pick at 166.    No chance.

I expect to get a pick in the 4th round.   I'd be shocked and disappointed if we don't.

OL is a weak point though

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 10, 2014 - rude
Hidden by Nadine, May 10, 2014 - rude

It's not a sexy pick.   It's not glamorous.

But it's a very good pick.    I've already linked the write-ups from NFL.com and ESPN.com    and they both LOVE the guy!

Now, I'm expecting we trade a 2015 #2 for a 2014 #3.    I just don't know how far down in R3 we have to go before someone will be willing to do that deal?

I'm hopeful......

Please don't act like boy wonder...okay? You couldn't have possibly been more way off, if you tried. You're acting like you predicted this...YOU DID NOT.  I told you our pick would be a GUARD...it was. I was correct...you were not. MOVING ON NOW.....

OL is a weak point though

Imo of course. But I see oline as a luxury. We have the talent at QB to overcome an average oline. Which is what we had before and after the pick. We do not have a defensive star to compensate for a lack luster defense. Again I'll repeat I watched Manning for 14 years do the same thing over and over. We know what an offense doesn't get. Why don't we try something different and throw any scrape of talent we can find at the defense? I would rather roll the dice on potentially getting a playmaker on defense and at worst a contributor than a safe gaurd who gives the line depth and average play at gaurd.

He is a good player yes. But he's not going to change the offense. He will just keep them more consistent. And the offense last year had to overcome a ridiculous amount of adversity and still had a VERY successful year. Our D? They had a colossal failure with one guy out. That tells me the D is where the help needs to go.