Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marvin Harrison to announce Colts' 2nd round pick.

Dustin

Didn't even know he spoke. haha

ROTF over that one FX! To say that Marvin Harrison is soft spoken & a man of few works, is a H-U-G-E understatement. Thanks for making SW1 have a good chuckle over that one pal!  :thmup:

Marvin is Awesome! I'm not slamming him at all. He's just the smart, hardworking, quiet type & I love that in my beloved INDY NFL icons actually. 

I remember an interview I saw with QB Peyton Manning once regarding WR Marvin Harrison once & the subject of physical conditioning came up. Peyton basically said that Marvin is a perfectionist on route running & a workout warrior, but he didn't always eat right. He liked candy bars a little too much, but when you need a touchdown, Marvin got it for ya." 

I guess I just like the fact that Harrison splurged & ate junk food now & then. It makes me like him more an an average joe I guess.  ;)

I remember an interview I saw with QB Peyton Manning once regarding WR Marvin Harrison once & the subject of physical conditioning came up. Peyton basically said that Marvin is a perfectionist on route running & a workout warrior, but he didn't always eat right. He liked candy bars a little too much, but when you need a touchdown, Marvin got it for ya." 

I guess I just like the fact that Harrison splurged & ate junk food now & then. It makes me like him more an an average joe I guess.  ;)

I remember a video at his house where he detailed all the junk food he eats.  It was a lot and it was funny

I remember a video at his house where he detailed all the junk food he eats.  It was a lot and it was funny

That does sound hilarious Nadine. I wish I had seen it. If anyone can find a link or You Tube video documenting Harrison's junk food obsession, I would love to see it on this topic page. Thank you. 

I'd even settle for an INDY Star expose newspaper article on it too. No need to scour the world wide web looking for it though. 

Edge was the best Colt of that whole regime. Dude was literally unstoppable.

James was spectacular to watch. This journey down nostalgic, sentimental RCA Dome lane paying tribute to cherished Colts of years past has been fun.  :colts:  Thanks Dustin for doing this post BTW. 

That does sound hilarious Nadine. I wish I had seen it. If anyone can find a link or You Tube video documenting Harrison's junk food obsession, I would love to see it on this topic page. Thank you. 

I'd even settle for an INDY Star expose newspaper article on it too. No need to scour the world wide web looking for it though. 

I'll ask around.  He has a serious junk food addiction. Don't know how he was so fit!

I remember seeing that video and wondering if he was joking.  I couldn't believe all the junk he was eating.  I think when I was his age I probably ate just as bad, but I wasn't trying to play a professional sport.  Amazing he could eat like that and still perform all those years.  Great genes, I guess.

I'm also surprised there's no "Will he bring a bucket on stage with him" joke in this thread?

easy to find

http://vimeo.com/23422447

Yup, and marvin actually had a clause in his contract that basically said the colt's couldn't tell him what to eat. TRUE STORY.

Edge wasn't better then Harrison..

Harrison is a hall of famer and was productive 95% of his career.

Edge 2 1/2 good seasons.. Then he busted his knee and was never the same.

Uhhhh....that is highly, HIGHLY inaccurate.

Comparing a WR and RB is apples and oranges....but James ranks among All-Time NFL leaders at RB and was an outstanding blocker.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JameEd00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/yds_from_scrimmage_career.htm

Edge wasn't better then Harrison..

Harrison is a hall of famer and was productive 95% of his career.

Edge 2 1/2 good seasons.. Then he busted his knee and was never the same.

lolno. Dude went over 1,500 yards rushing 4 times.

I'll ask around.  He has a serious junk food addiction. Don't know how he was so fit!

easy to find

Yup, and marvin actually had a clause in his contract that basically said the colt's couldn't tell him what to eat. TRUE STORY.

I remember seeing that video and wondering if he was joking.  I couldn't believe all the junk he was eating.  I think when I was his age I probably ate just as bad, but I wasn't trying to play a professional sport.  Amazing he could eat like that and still perform all those years.  Great genes, I guess.

I'm also surprised there's no "Will he bring a bucket on stage with him" joke in this thread?

Nadine you're awesome! Thank you so much for finding that Harrison junk food home video. I'm still laughing over it. If a mouse gets into Marvin's house, it will think it died & went to critter eating heaven. LOL!

BK, I had no idea you could get a non disclosure junk food clause into a player's NFL contract. Fascinating stuff there. Twinkies, my main junk food vice, will probably spell my demise actually, but I digress. Ha! Ha! 

Smonroe, what do you have against KFC buddy? Just kidding pal. Darn it, now SW1 is hungry for chicken. You're a funny man Smonroe. Never lose that priceless sense of humor okay.  :P  :yahoo:

Comparing a WR and RB is apples and oranges....but James ranks among All-Time NFL leaders at RB and was an outstanding blocker.

Preach gentlemen preach!  :worthy:

Not saying Edge wasn't a good football player. He dominated the NFL until he blew out his knee. After that, he was never the same guy. Marvin was the best receiver in the league for a long time, the best to ever wear a colts uniform, ever.

And Harrison had eight seasons of more than 10+ TD's

Eight seasons of more then 1,000 yards.

1,102 receptions.

Averaged over 13 yards per catch.

He wore a Colts uniform for 13 years! Edge only half of that.

And Harrison had eight seasons of more than 10+ TD's

Eight seasons of more then 1,000 yards.

1,102 receptions.

Averaged over 13 yards per catch.

He wore a Colts uniform for 13 years! Edge only half of that.

That's cool. You saying Edge had 2 good years is still hilariously wrong.

I share his sentiment for tasty cakes. If you are not in Eastern Pa they are impossible to find! And they are addicting. In recent years however it has become a larger company, and distributed in more areas of the US.

they moved into the indy market when hostess went out of business

Post knee injury Edge could turn a 2 yard loss into a 4 yard gain. He could also turn a 20 yard gain into a 4 yard gain.

I disagree with that statement whole heartily.  One of the things that made James a great RB was that he did not leave yards on the field, even after his knee surgery.  My word people act like he faded into obscurity after he injured his knee.  IN 4 years with the Colts after his knee injury he had 1,281 carries for 5,302 yards (4.2 ypc average), 35 tds and also caught 207 passes for 1,466 yards and 2 more TDs. 3 seasons over 1200 yards rushing and 2 seasons over 1500 yards.  He had way more than 2-1/2 good seasons.

Say what you want about #88

But he was still never convicted

He went out without a bang (pun intended :)).

Harrison wasn't the same guy in 2008 after his knee injury in 2007. That is what worries me about Wayne in 2014.