Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Many Games Do the Colts Win

supremecoltsfan300

Number of Colts Wins and Seeding  

107 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Colts Win next year

2. 2. What seed do Colts end up with in AFC

Simple poll to see the overall pulse of Colts Fans after the release of the schedule.

Week 1 -- at Broncos -- Sunday 8:30pm (NBC)

Week 2 -- vs Eagles -- Monday 8:30pm (ESPN)

Week 3 -- at Jaguars -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 4 -- vs Titans -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 5 -- vs Ravens -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 6 -- at Texans -- Thursday 8:15pm (NFLN)

Week 7 -- vs Bengals -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 8 -- at Steelers -- Sunday 4:25pm (CBS)

Week 9 -- at Giants -- Monday 8:30pm (ESPN)

Week 10 -- BYE

Week 11 -- vs Patriots -- Sunday 8:30pm (NBC)

Week 12 -- vs Jaguars -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 13 -- vs Redskins -- Sunday 1:00pm (FOX)

Week 14 -- at Browns -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 15 -- vs Texans -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 16 -- at Cowboys -- Sunday 4:25pm (CBS)

Week 17 -- at Titans -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

12 wins are a reasonable prediction.

8 games that we have a high chance of winning (I predict 7 wins).

at Jacksonville Jaguars
TENNESSEE TITANS
at Houston Texans
at New York Giants
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
WASHINGTON REDSKINS
HOUSTON TEXANS
at Tennessee Titans

4 games I consider 50% to 80% chance of a win (I predict 3 wins out of the 4 games).

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (I have no idea what to think of the Eagles, they could be awful or they could be really good)
BALTIMORE RAVENS (We struggle against AFC North Teams - Our sister team)
at Pittsburgh Steelers (We struggle against AFC North Teams and they play our sister team twice a year)
at Cleveland Browns (We struggle against AFC North Teams and they play our sister team twice a year)

4 games I consider 50/50 (I predict we will win 2 of them).

at Denver Broncos (This game is in Denver on opening day. What a crock of horse poo. This game should be middle to late season)
CINCINNATI BENGALS (We struggle against AFC North Teams and they play our sister team twice a year)
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (The Pats have outscored us by double our output in two meetings. This is probably our toughest game of the year. Playing them at home, after the off-week will help.)
at Dallas Cowboys (We have not had a lot of success against the Cowboys lately. New Team; so hopefully new result)

12 wins are my prediction.

Playoff bye week.......

I am more worried about NE again now after looking at their schedule though. I also hate that we open in Denver. I like to get it out of the way but at the same time it seems too soon, far too soon to go through all that hoopla yet again with the media. Should be easier though for us being that it is Denver this time around and we can hopefully treat it as just another game we want to win. Hopefully.....

12 wins are a reasonable prediction.

8 games that we have a high chance of winning (I predict 7 wins).

at Jacksonville Jaguars

TENNESSEE TITANS

at Houston Texans

at New York Giants

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

HOUSTON TEXANS

at Tennessee Titans

4 games I consider 50% to 80% chance of a win (I predict 3 wins out of the 4 games).

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (I have no idea what to think of the Eagles, they could be awful or they could be really good)

BALTIMORE RAVENS (We struggle against AFC North Teams - Our sister team)

at Pittsburgh Steelers (We struggle against AFC North Teams and they play our sister team twice a year)

at Cleveland Browns (We struggle against AFC North Teams and they play our sister team twice a year)

4 games I consider 50/50 (I predict we will win 2 of them).

at Denver Broncos (This game is in Denver on opening day. What a crock of horse poo. This game should be middle to late season)

CINCINNATI BENGALS (We struggle against AFC North Teams and they play our sister team twice a year)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (The Pats have outscored us by double our output in two meetings. This is probably our toughest game of the year. Playing them at home, after the off-week will help.)

at Dallas Cowboys (We have not had a lot of success against the Cowboys lately. New Team; so hopefully new result)

12 wins are my prediction.

Yes 12 wins is reasonable but the colts need to start fast finish strong and beat the teams that they shouldn't be losing to when they do that they I will agree.

Why is there no option for 5 wins? I was gonna vote for 5-11

:sarcasm:

Nope, no sarcasm was happening in MY poll. It's Sarcasm-proof :D

I didn't put 16 wins because no one goes undefeated (except 07 pats), and there are some posters who would have actually picked that. I didn't do less than 8 because if we have a losing season this board will go nuclear. Like Terminator 3 nuclear.

I would say 12 or 13 wins looking at this sched.  I would say we drop 1 to Denver and 1 to the Pats.  The other 1 or 2 losses I am not sure about, based off last year we had some games where we should've won but got hammered. 

This looks like a very winnable schedule and we could end up with 14 wins if we stay healthy.

I would also bet we get the 3rd seed... Broncos and Pats get 1 and 2.

Ok, so yes, I'm a numbers guy. I predict 11-5. But interesting thing about how the answers to the poll look. 39% think the Colts will win 13 or more games, but 61% think we will get a 1st or 2nd seed. 22% therefore think 12 wins is good enough for a 2nd seed. I don't think that would work. I'll go 11-5 with a 3rd or 4th seed.

Ok, so yes, I'm a numbers guy. I predict 11-5. But interesting thing about how the answers to the poll look. 39% think the Colts will win 13 or more games, but 61% think we will get a 1st or 2nd seed. 22% therefore think 12 wins is good enough for a 2nd seed. I don't think that would work. I'll go 11-5 with a 3rd or 4th seed.

Well look at it like this, Denver is guaranteed 2 losses from Seattle & San Francisco

So already the most they can win is 14 games. Week 1 they'll lose to us just cause it'll be a healthy Colts team (knock on wood) & all of our young guns are in their 3rd year where players usually take off.

So there's 13-3 sitting for Denver already.

I think 12 gets the #2 and #3 seed.  Maybe even the #1 seed.  Tie-breakers will be the deciding factor imo.  Colts will have a hard time beating the pats and Denver.  If they beat both, they'll get the #1 seed.  But I don't know if this team is ready yet.  If Nicks is back to playing at a high level and develops a chemistry with Luck quickly, they'll have a shot.

Well look at it like this, Denver is guaranteed 2 losses from Seattle & San Francisco

So already the most they can win is 14 games. Week 1 they'll lose to us just cause it'll be a healthy Colts team (knock on wood) & all of our young guns are in their 3rd year where players usually take off.

So there's 13-3 sitting for Denver already.

I agree that seattle should likely be a loss.  It will take a huge, huge effort for Denver to win in Seattle.  I think at home in Denver, Peyton and Co. will win by 10 against the 49ers.  Seattle owns Denver because they have a great pass rush and a great secondary.  49ers have a good pass rush (we'll see what happens with Aldon Smith, dude looks on the verge of ruining his career).  Their secondary is just solid though.  Not scared of it.  I think the Broncos will be able to do what the Colts did to the 49ers last year.  Broncos look to have a better power running attack this year with Ball (and maybe Anderson).  49ers also aren't used to the up tempo type offense of the broncos.  They never played the eagles.  they never played the broncos.  And when they played the pats, they nearly blew it.  49ers aren't close to be the seahawks imo.

Against the colts, it will be all about chemistry.  Does peyton have chemistry with Sanders right away?  Does Luck have it with Nicks?  It's probably more important that Peyton has it with Sanders.  Luck is already really comfortable with TY and Reggie.  And while Peyton has it with DT and  Welker, Welker isn't the dynamic playmaker Hilton is.  If Colts can start the season out hot, they stay in the driver's seat for the #1 overall seed for the whole season imo.

I can't make a prediction, until I see how the Interior Line shakes out in the pre-season.

If it proves to be a solid unit, the sky is the limit 12+ is doable.

If there is failure and inconsistency, 8 wins is going to be difficult.

We shall see!

Gutsy move by the front office by NOT making any moves to speak of about the OL.

I hope they are right.

I think will win 10 games with losses @Den, @Hou, @Pit, @NYG, NE, @Dal. The Giants and Steerlers will be much better then they were last year and the Cowboys usually get hot towards the end of the season, but always lose the last game. The Patriots getting Revis, Browner and already having Dennard will be really difficult for Luck to throw the ball.

I can't make a prediction, until I see how the Interior Line shakes out in the pre-season.

If it proves to be a solid unit, the sky is the limit 12+ is doable.

If there is failure and inconsistency, 8 wins is going to be difficult.

We shall see!

Gutsy move by the front office by NOT making any moves to speak of about the OL.

I hope they are right.

This post makes no sense at all :facepalm:

The offensive line has been a failure & inconsistent the past 2 seasons yet we're 22-10 with a historical playoff win

So how would 8 wins be hard if we've gotten to 11 in back to back seasons including last year's ridiculous rampage of the injury bug?

@TKnight24, I dig what you are saying, but I am worried about hits and pressure on Luck and the viability of the running game without a leap in production from the O-line.

A team can have all the stars in the skill positions in the world, but if the Line is weak it makes it hard to execute the offense.

I'm afraid our luck in overcoming this weakness may be coming to an end. Our lack of execution on offense this past year made many games more difficult to win and we lost to some teams we had no business having trouble with.

Hey, I am generally positive about my opinions about this team, I just have a hard time predicting 12+ wins until I see how the O-line gels in the preseason.

The 8 wins opine is the pessimist, realist in me fearing that the offense could struggle and this would put undue pressure on what I see as an improved defense.

The Colts Fan in me says 12+ wins, #1 seed, Super Bowl Championship...

Long way to go, We shall see!

p.s.___ Past success has little to do with the present in the NFL.

Hence: How many playoff teams fall out of contention the following year.

Simple poll to see the overall pulse of Colts Fans after the release of the schedule.

Week 1 -- at Broncos -- Sunday 8:30pm (NBC)

Week 2 -- vs Eagles -- Monday 8:30pm (ESPN)

Week 3 -- at Jaguars -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 4 -- vs Titans -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 5 -- vs Ravens -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 6 -- at Texans -- Thursday 8:15pm (NFLN)

Week 7 -- vs Bengals -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 8 -- at Steelers -- Sunday 4:25pm (CBS)

Week 9 -- at Giants -- Monday 8:30pm (ESPN)

Week 10 -- BYE

Week 11 -- vs Patriots -- Sunday 8:30pm (NBC)

Week 12 -- vs Jaguars -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 13 -- vs Redskins -- Sunday 1:00pm (FOX)

Week 14 -- at Browns -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 15 -- vs Texans -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

Week 16 -- at Cowboys -- Sunday 4:25pm (CBS)

Week 17 -- at Titans -- Sunday 1:00pm (CBS)

I say 12, when grigs gets us a defense, and an o-line

Yep, I agree with that too & I wanna see INDY vs the Chargers in the AFC Championship Game. 2 teams that haven't made it to that level for us since 2009 & never for the Philip Rivers era. I wanna see someone else besides Denver Vs NE in that game personally. 

For the NFC Championship Game, I'd like to see New Orleans vs Green Bay in the Superdome.