Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gordy signs tender, Costa retires (won't get any money) [Merge]

HtownColt

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_m0nmafpXxB1qibz0jo1_500.png

This just means we won't have to fight a whole season figuring out that he isn't the answer either. 

But then again, now we have to do the same with Holmes who couldn't even make a game day roster when he was healthy and everyone else was not.

Yipee, let the roller coaster begin anew. 

Costa makes no difference.  I kind of felt he was the #3 option at center, behind Holmes and Donald Thomas.  I also felt like Thomas Austin would open up as the back-up center, and Costa would would open up as a back-up LG.   To me, this retirement virtually ensures an OG being drafted, but I think we're still okay at center.  (I know I'm in the minority.)

Barely enough. They have 3 million left in cap space.

I thought that's what they had BEFORE signing Byrd and Bailey. 

And they're also going to have to give some of that to Graham (You know, that * canoe who wants north of 10 million per year, and then says he's shocked and disappointed when he team has to get rid of other good players to soothe his ridiculous contract demands)

You know the sad thing, the mods merged together Gordy signing back & Costa retiring but all we're focused on is Costa :funny::lol:

No one expects Gordy to make an impact. His job is to not bork up his special teams plays.

We were all hoping Costa could come in and just be better than satele. Which wasn't much to ask.

Except it was.