Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Simulator Variation

Just thought I would add this post out of confusion I guess. Understanding these mock draft simulators are basically like little games but I notice a lot of variation in the rankings just curious if anyone had any idea why some would be so far off each other on the big board rankings? A list of a few better known follows:

Opt = Optimum Scouting  Wal = Walter Football  Fan = Fanspeak

Deone Bucannon, S      Terrence Brooks, S         Breeland,  CB        McGill, CB    Renolds,  S   

Opt. 77                           Opt. 285                          Opt. 142                Opt. 96          Opt. 80

Wal. 86                           Wal.  67                          Wal. 61                  Wal. 56          Wal. 61

Fan. 62                            Fan.72                          Fan. 75                  Fan.93         Fan. 134  

Demarcus Lawrence, DE/OLB               Weston Richburg. C       Marcus Martin, C 

Opt. 72                                                    Opt. 89                          Opt. 213               

Wal. 46                                                    Wal.  65                         Wal. 55                 

Fan. 58                                                    Fan.68                           Fan. 94  

On another random not when I was on optimum scouting they had Jimmie ward rated higher than Pryor found that interesting.                       

Evaluation of players is very subjective.  One guy thinks a player looks fluid whereas another thinks he has stiff hips.  You can see that on NFL.com and CBS Sports too.  NFL.com might have a guy projected to go in round 6-7 whereas CBS will have him in rounds 3-4.  It simply shows how inexact a science it is to evaluate players.  I'd be willing to bet that if we were to look at the big boards of some NFL teams, we would have quite a few surprises in those too.

Evaluation of players is very subjective.  One guy thinks a player looks fluid whereas another thinks he has stiff hips.  You can see that on NFL.com and CBS Sports too.  NFL.com might have a guy projected to go in round 6-7 whereas CBS will have him in rounds 3-4.  It simply shows how inexact a science it is to evaluate players.  I'd be willing to bet that if we were to look at the big boards of some NFL teams, we would have quite a few surprises in those too.

Thanks, 21....

I've been preaching that since the day I arrived nearly two years ago....