Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

according to nfl.com the colts took 3 first round players in the 2012 draft

colts1993

Coby Fleener over Dwayne Allen?

lee-corso1.jpg

Just goes to show how well that draft went. There were other teams that had Allen rated over Fleener in their TE draft boards. So by your own comment all you do is show the Allen pick was an even better pick than the Fleener pick at that point of the draft. Time will only tell..

I saw that as well. I remember being so worried that the Giants would take Fleener at 32 that year. I was ecstatic when they passed on him and elated when we actually picked him at 33.

Anyways, to be honest, we can't simply say that we technically drafted three 1st rounders in a hind sight biased redraft. It would be more proper to say we drafted three promising players that were molded into 1st round-esque talents through our organization.

Sticking to your main subject, I would like to think we drafted four 1st rounders by saying that Allen should be in the mix as well but, he did miss all of his second year and we obviously value him more than a redraft can accurately evaluate.

That is the only thing I don't like about these silly redraft segments. They ASSUME that a player doing well in one organization would have done just as well in a new organization.

I want to see a segment regarding the players that did not perform up to standard. Have the teams who's 1st round picks didn't pan out as they had hoped and rearrange those players with a compelling debate as to why they might have worked out in one of the other eligible organizations.

Just goes to show how well that draft went. There were other teams that had Allen rated over Fleener in their TE draft boards. So by your own comment all you do is show the Allen pick was an even better pick than the Fleener pick at that point of the draft. Time will only tell..

I think I was the only crazy one on our board that had Fleener and Allen as our two picks....we had zero TEs at the time and we had two great opportunities.  

I am still excited about both.  Now that little TY fella.....has made a name for himself....LUCK?  I think a little skill and hard work too :):td:  :td:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!!

I think I was the only crazy one on our board that had Fleener and Allen as our two picks....we had zero TEs at the time and we had two great opportunities.  

I am still excited about both.  Now that little TY fella.....has made a name for himself....LUCK?  I think a little skill and hard work too :):td:  :td:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!!

Exactly.....going from zero to two studs at TE in the same draft was a excellent move. 

FleenR would be talked about being a top 15-20 pick in a re-draft if he were playing with one of the top 5-6 QB`s.

He has been open that much.

Why in the hell do you spell Fleener's name in such a stupid manner? It's not cute or witty. If anything it's an insult to Fleener and it's just flat out annoying.

Why in the hell do you spell Fleener's name in such a stupid manner? It's not cute or witty. If anything it's an insult to Fleener and it's just flat out annoying.

lmao! people with 8,000 posts still can`t spell Costanzo.

I spelled Fleener with an O a few times his Rookie year and the NUTTS who don`t know FB were all over me about the spelling.

This is a nonsense to those who worry about spelling over whatever substance a post is intended to make. So....

I totally agree. Fleener was no surprise as his affiliation with Luck but getting Allen in the 3rd round was a great pick. I know Fleener took a lot of heat from a lot of Colt fans but showed he belonged. There are few receivers who come into the league a make a sudden impact. Getting Hilton was a home run where he was taken. I still don't see why a lot of Colt fans give Grigs the negativity he gets. The Colts only have 8 players that were here before Grigs took the job. I cant think of any team that has done as well as the Colts after going through what we all knew was a rebuild even though the coaching staff would not use those words.

I spelled Fleener with an O a few times his Rookie year and the NUTTS who don`t know FB were all over me about the spelling.

This is a nonsense to those who worry about spelling over whatever substance a post is intended to make. So....

Ok, I always assumed it was some obscure insult towards Fleener. It's still annoying, however, imo.

I admit I misspell names from time to time, but you could not have been talking about the big dog :)  I now go to AC to stay out of the spelling doghouse :)

yeah, good one. You really showed them

I've never really trusted NFL.com's rating of a player's draft stock.  

Luck and Hilton are both first round players if you look at their production.  Fleener not so much.  

If it will help you feel better about the story....

Odds are the person who wrote the story has absolutely nothing to do with the draft ratings of college football players....

Two different areas of the website.

I totally agree. Fleener was no surprise as his affiliation with Luck but getting Allen in the 3rd round was a great pick. I know Fleener took a lot of heat from a lot of Colt fans but showed he belonged. There are few receivers who come into the league a make a sudden impact. Getting Hilton was a home run where he was taken. I still don't see why a lot of Colt fans give Grigs the negativity he gets. The Colts only have 8 players that were here before Grigs took the job. I cant think of any team that has done as well as the Colts after going through what we all knew was a rebuild even though the coaching staff would not use those words.

He gets negativity because there are alot of people who have been hypnotized by his 2012 off season moves and just blindly worship him. But outside of that one draft he's had his off season work has ranged from mediocre to average. I'll admit the 2012 class was nice. But the first 3 picks were easy and obvious. The real amazing picks for me were Hilton and Ballard. You could make a case for Ballard being a better RB than Richardson, and Hilton is setting team records.

He gets negativity because there are alot of people who have been hypnotized by his 2012 off season moves and just blindly worship him. But outside of that one draft he's had his off season work has ranged from mediocre to average. I'll admit the 2012 class was nice. But the first 3 picks were easy and obvious. The real amazing picks for me were Hilton and Ballard. You could make a case for Ballard being a better RB than Richardson, and Hilton is setting team records.

In my opinion it's too early to dismiss his off season work. It takes time for the players to mesh and also get over the many injuries the Colts had to deal with. I lost count on how many different starting lineups were used last season. Only time will tell.

If it will help you feel better about the story....

Odds are the person who wrote the story has absolutely nothing to do with the draft ratings of college football players....

Two different areas of the website.

True. . . but they did put Fleener ahead of Allen.  Only reason to do that IMO is if you are scared off by Allen's 2013 injury or something.  

Because honestly if we would have seen how each one would have played in the NFL I think we would have taken Allen in the 2nd round.  

True. . . but they did put Fleener ahead of Allen.  Only reason to do that IMO is if you are scared off by Allen's 2013 injury or something.  

Because honestly if we would have seen how each one would have played in the NFL I think we would have taken Allen in the 2nd round.  

Believe me, I'm not looking to defend the article.    Not at all.

I only wanted to share that when it's an article,  those are typically written by a conventional writer, who does not have an area of expertise like "the draft"....     So, all he's doing is looking at the players from that draft and figuring out who is the best (Luck) and who is the next best and the next best after that, and so on....

The draft guys on NFL.com are more easily identifiable.     Daniel Jeremiah,  Charles Davis,  Bucky Brooks, Gil Brandt, and several others.....   and their number one guy is new to NFL.com....   this is the first year for Nolan Nawrocki.    He spent more than a decade with the respected, but now out of business Pro Football Weekly.     

I don't always agree with him,  but he's been right far more than wrong....   his work stands out as much as anyone's on the Internet.     And now that he's given his updated ratings,  his few crazy rankings are gone.