Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reality's Mock (No trades)

Just threw this together looking at some of our visits and overall the areas we've been looking at, so without further adieu..

2 #59: Marcus Smith OLB Louisville

We have shown significant interest in Smith, Having him in for a Private workout and looking at him at his Pro Day, and the Combine. But Smith is a great Edge OLB, He's very good in Pass Rush and very decent (at worst) against the run. Smith has great balance, Large Hands and decent length. Smith would play well under Robert for now, and eventually either A) Replace him, or B) Replace Walden. Either way we get a great player.

3 #90: Dion Bailey S USC

We have a glaring need at S. Yes, Howell has had some flashes of potential but you can't trust that as a starting safety without any major help behind him, which is what Bailey would provide. Bailey has good size at 5'9 and has great recognition of Run/Pass and reacts well and fast. Bailey has been a contributor at S for USC since his freshman year which is good. Bailey has to polish his game to be a Starting S.

5 #166: Justin Ellis NT Louisiana Tech

Ellis would fill a hole at NT (by committee) with Hughes/Chapman and in my opinion, be the finishing touch to our DL (Jones/Redding/RJF/Moala/Pendlington/Chapman/Hughes/Ellis) Ellis was productive in 2013 and has surprisingly good Movement skills. Ellis could be a great addition to the DL.

6 #203: Terrance Mitchell CB Oregon 

We brought Terrance in for a private workout. He was a decently productive DB at Oregon. He has all the skills and skillset to be a great corner at the next level. He has great speed and excelled at man coverage, If we could spot him a yer or two to develop and work overall to become a good depth corner.

7 #232: Brandon Thomas OG/OT Clemson

If I had made this mock 2 weeks ago Thomas would be going in the top 40, but thanks to an ACL tear while in a workout with the New Orleans Saints, It basically killed his draft stock and now it looks like he could be on the IR all year long. But Thomas has huge upside so it would be worth it to keep him on the IR all year long. 

Hope you enjoyed! Leave thoughts below. Thanks

I don't know where the 5'9" for Bailey came from ?!    The kid is 6'0"     I suspect he's being confused with someone else.

All the stories I've seen on Thomas say he's good enough that he won't fall to the 7th round, even with his injury.    Will more likely go in the 4th or 5th round.    And neither will CB Aaron Colvin. (I know you didn't pick him, but others have...)

Also....   I'm not sure Justin Ellis is worth a 5th round pick.   Not enough production, plus other issues.   Might be better in the 6th.

But most importantly,  I really like your first two picks.    That would be a solid Friday night for the Colts if we could pull that off!

I don't know where the 5'9" for Bailey came from ?!    The kid is 6'0"     I suspect he's being confused with someone else.

All the stories I've seen on Thomas say he's good enough that he won't fall to the 7th round, even with his injury.    Will more likely go in the 4th or 5th round.    And neither will CB Aaron Colvin. (I know you didn't pick him, but others have...)

Also....   I'm not sure Justin Ellis is worth a 5th round pick.   Not enough production, plus other issues.   Might be better in the 6th.

But most importantly,  I really like your first two picks.    That would be a solid Friday night for the Colts if we could pull that off!

5'9 isn't really good size. But I like the mock a lot.

5'11 my bad! And thanks for the thoughts. I think Ellis is worth a 5th because of his potential. I'm not even sure he'll be there in the 5th.

I don't know where the 5'9" for Bailey came from ?! The kid is 6'0" I suspect he's being confused with someone else.

All the stories I've seen on Thomas say he's good enough that he won't fall to the 7th round, even with his injury. Will more likely go in the 4th or 5th round. And neither will CB Aaron Colvin. (I know you didn't pick him, but others have...)

Also.... I'm not sure Justin Ellis is worth a 5th round pick. Not enough production, plus other issues. Might be better in the 6th.

But most importantly, I really like your first two picks. That would be a solid Friday night for the Colts if we could pull that off!

What kind of production are you looking for from a nose tackle?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1697064/justin-ellis

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=92853&draftyear=2014&genpos=DT

Both have him as a 3rd rounder. He's too disruptive to fall to the 6th.

What kind of production are you looking for from a nose tackle?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1697064/justin-ellis

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=92853&draftyear=2014&genpos=DT

Both have him as a 3rd rounder. He's too disruptive to fall to the 6th.

Dustin....    Thanks for calling me on this....  "not enough production" was a very, very poor choice of words by me.

I need to be more careful when I'm posting late at night and I'm tired.

But I know I had questions about Ellis and that both ESPN and NFL.com had serious question because they had him graded in the 6/7 round range.

Well,  low and behold I've just gone to their websites and they've both must have seen more tape on the kid.   ESPN has him in the 5th round...   NFL has him in the 4/5 range.    So,  they clearly have moved him up their boards.    Good for the kid.

Sorry for the trouble.....     my bad.

Overall I like the players but as mentioned abover its not likely Thomas falls THAT far, I am not impressed with him regardless pre injury, Despite his strength he is not a real mauler, has stiff hips, If we go Tackle I want Dakota Dozier or Billy Turner...Either player can slide in and play LG

Overall I like the players but as mentioned abover its not likely Thomas falls THAT far, I am not impressed with him regardless pre injury, Despite his strength he is not a real mauler, has stiff hips, If we go Tackle I want Dakota Dozier or Billy Turner...Either player can slide in and play LG

The thing that sold me on Thomas was how good a job he did against Clowney. Pre-injury he's definitely one of the top interior line prospects in this class, definitely among the best depending on who you have transitioning to G at the next level. Obviously Zack Martin is better than him. Maybe Su'a Filo but less convincingly so. He's pretty talented but I doubt he lasts till 7 and I wouldn't want to take him with our 2nd or 3rd round pick with the ACL.

Aren't Dozier and Turner like 3rd round prospects? Would you take a Tackle in the 3rd? Over OLB/CB (assuming we take safter at 59)