Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Off-Season Work-out Schedule! (Mods: Please Pin!)

NewColtsFan

NOTE:    Mods -- just noted that there's a post with similar information already posted at the top.  Apologies, I had not seen that before...     I'd only add that this information given by Colts PR man Craig Kelley has much more and detailed information.    Perhaps this ban be folded into the thread from TKnight.....

So.....

The last question/answer in this weeks mailbag was about the Colts off-season workout schedule.

Craig Kelley was nice enough to give the rundown with all available dates for the next 3-4 months....

I'm cutting and pasting here....  

We urge our players to get away when the season is over because we want them back here at the appropriate time, which is next Monday (April 21). 

The off-season program has three phases.  The first runs two weeks, and activities are limited to strength/conditioning and physical rehabilitation. 

Phase two is a three-week stretch where on-field workouts are allowed, however, they are limited to individual player instruction and drills as well as team practice are conducted on a separated basis.  No live contact is permitted and team offense versus team defense is prohibited. 

Phase three is Organized Team Activities (OTAs).  Teams can have a maximum of 10 OTA sessions. No live contact is allowed, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.  There is instruction going on from coaches.  The club’s OTAs are May 27-29, June 2-4 and June 9-12. There is a rookie mini-camp May 16-18 and a full-team mini-camp set in mid-June.  You can see the work is graduated and builds to the end.  This is a great learning, orientation and bonding period.  Coaches establish the message for the season, and we will have updates on a daily basis. 

This will feed your appetite until the work in pads starts in training camp around the first of August.  Thanks for asking for yourself, and others.

I have to wonder if the CBA really benefits the players, it certainly doesn't improve the game.

I understand it's all about keeping players healthy, but without contact until camp ( and it's limited there too) how can coaches really evaluate? UDFA's don't have much of a chance, etc.

Didn't mean to derail the thread. I am excited about any team activity.