Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we could add any player in this draft...

clowney overrated because of his media circus the same as johnny manziel i think they'll both be draft busts won't be suprised if i'm wrong but i just don't like thier attutude from interviews and film i don't like either one i hope the texans draft either clowney or manziel and they fail hard. if i could draft anyone i'd have to say calvin pryor

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

He'd be bad for Bethea's role which is where the coaching staff would play him, instead of Landry's role which is his more natural fit. 

Plus, he's from Alabama. There's maybe 3 players from under Saban who are actually good in the NFL. 

Obviously I would love to have Mack who to me is the best player in the draft...maybe not best prospect but pure football player. I woundn't have mind having Zack Martin who probably wouldn't have been there at 26 had we not traded the pick but would have went middle of the round. Someone that can play multiple line positions...and started at guard for us. But pass rushers are truely a rare bird...so hard to predict if one will be special. Thus I think Mack is the best 3-4 lb in the draft and probably Clowney is the best 4-3 DE in the draft.

By whose opinion?      That,  I'd like to see!

A bunch of people. Look around any recent mock and most we'll have him behind Fuller and Gilbert above him. Verrett is better than him too but he'll go lower because he's short. 

He has durability concerns, he didn't have a great combine, and isn't a good run supporter. 

The most important trait being that he doesn't have great length, which limits his room for error in the NFL. 

A bunch of people. Look around any recent mock and most we'll have him behind Fuller and Gilbert above him. Verrett is better than him too but he'll go lower because he's short. 

He has durability concerns, he didn't have a great combine, and isn't a good run supporter. 

The most important trait being that he doesn't have great length, which limits his room for error in the NFL. 

Well....   since I made my post, I went to ESPN.com, NFL.com and CBSSports.com....

Not one had Dennard as the 4th best corner.   Not one.

One or two had him as the 3rd.

But the vast majority had him either 1st or 2nd.

That's a high number of rankings.    I'm talking Kiper and McShay at ESPN.com

I'm talking Mayock and everyone else who does rankings at NFL.com

I don't know who you look at.........    but I'd seriously question those rankings....

Well.... since I made my post, I went to ESPN.com, NFL.com and CBSSports.com....

Not one had Dennard as the 4th best corner.

/quote]

Well, I said that he'd be ranked 3rd, but Verrett was better thqn him but ranked lower. As I said in other posts, I follow a bunch of draftniks/former scouts on twitter. And over the years I've seen them be more accurate in their projections than any people at th major networks (aside from Mayock).

Like I said tho, he's probably going to be the 3rd cornerback off of the board. If Verrett was an inch or two tallerr he'd be the 4th.

Well.... since I made my post, I went to ESPN.com, NFL.com and CBSSports.com....

Not one had Dennard as the 4th best corner.

/quote]

Well, I said that he'd be ranked 3rd, but Verrett was better thqn him but ranked lower. As I said in other posts, I follow a bunch of draftniks/former scouts on twitter. And over the years I've seen them be more accurate in their projections than any people at th major networks (aside from Mayock).

Like I said tho, he's probably going to be the 3rd cornerback off of the board. If Verrett was an inch or two tallerr he'd be the 4th.

I'm cutting and pasting your post from this thread.   Post #17 is yours.

"You'd want the 4th best CB in this draft?"

And I'd add one last thought on this.........   if your information comes from following former scouts on twitter

then I don't think you should chide anyone for not having that info.    Most people are getting their information from websites on the internet.

But you made your post like (A) it's common knowledge, and (B) that it's correct.    Dennard being the 4th (or even the 3rd) best corner is not common knowledge, and it's not clear that it's correct.

Oh....  and as for draftniks....  I don't know who a draftnik is?   As far as I'm concerned you're a draftnik, Gavin and Andy are draftniks, I'm a draftnik.    What do we know?   Not as much as we think we do.

Just some food for thought......

I think im missing your point? He is the 4th best.

Gilbert, Fuller, Verrett, Dennard.

You said 4th....  then when I called you on that....   you said you didn't say 4th you said 3rd....

Well, I said that he'd be ranked 3rd, but Verrett was better thqn him but ranked lower.

And when you write that he is the 4th best....   that's according to the people you follow on twitter.    Period.

That doesn't make it fact.    And you're writing it as if it's fact.

You said 4th.... then when I called you on that.... you said you didn't say 4th you said 3rd....

Well, I said that he'd be ranked 3rd, but Verrett was better thqn him but ranked lower.

And when you write that he is the 4th best.... that's according to the people you follow on twitter. Period.

That doesn't make it fact. And you're writing it as if it's fact.

You're misinterpreting me. I didn't back track and say he was 3rd. I said he's the 4th best, but he'd go above Verrett. I never said that he was going to go 4th. By "ranked 3rd" I meant the 3rd CB off the board.

Obviously it's not fact. I can't see the future. I thought it went without saying it was an opinion.

Clowney easy, Robinson is probably the safest and Watkins the most intriguing  but Clowney is the best player in the draft. If you could have anyone why would you not take the best?

Jake Matthews is probably the safest pick. Greg Robinson probably has the most upside.

It would be tempting to just go BPA, but looking at our current roster it wouldn't make much sense picking a DE (Clowney) or a WR like Watkins. Both are high-caliber talents for sure but we're pretty well covered at DE/WR.

- Mack would be a sweet addition to our roster as would Barr.

- Pryor or Clinton-Dix (whoever Pagano likes the most).

- The top OTs (Matthews, Lewan, Robinson) would be interesting as well, but we're okay there as well.

- Xavier Su'a-Filo could be a good addition for the O-line and could play as a G or T.

- Justin Gilbert

Who would you take? For me it would be OLB Khalil Mack no question. He would bring instant pressure and would take over for Mathis when he retires. You can't have enough pass rushers.

I don't like Clowney as a prospect so I would certainly say Mack would be my top choice.  I think he's likely the best player in the draft.

Who would you take? For me it would be OLB Khalil Mack no question. He would bring instant pressure and would take over for Mathis when he retires. You can't have enough pass rushers.

I would take Clowney but I think it is close and I wouldn't argue with Mack. I think Clowney is a once in a decade talent that the right coaching staff will turn into a super star.