Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should NCAA fans be paid?

TDavis58

haha   Sure, why not.  I could use the extra cash to pay off student loans and buy a steak dinner. 

If I was paid to watch football I think I would watch a lot more football.  

In fact that would be freaking awesome.  I could sit and watch football and tell my wife I'm too busy at work to do chores.

Where do I apply?

Fans who drive up tv ratings, buy merchandize, & attend games are the real revenue generators.

Consumers get paid from their income in the work force, investments, etc.  They use that income to consume products that are provided by third parties.

Football is a product that consumers desire.  There is huge overheard to running a football team and working out TV contracts.  Its also a simple supply and demand concept, of which there is an incredibly high demand for the sport of football, so as a consumer you have to pay for that product.  You get to watch the product for free on TV because the advertisers are actually paying for you to watch it, but the caveat is that you have to watch their advertisements during the game.

Your argument doesn't fly.  Thats like saying we should be paid for using our cell phones, internet, cable TV, etc.  Those are services and/or products that are being provided to us in exchange for money.

If I was paid to watch football I think I would watch a lot more football.  

In fact that would be freaking awesome.  I could sit and watch football and tell my wife I'm too busy at work to do chores.

Where do I apply?

:spit:   Why stop with football?

I would watch any and all college sports . . . even golf.  Well, at least I would pretend to watch golf. 

Oh noes those college kids might actually get paid when they risk breaking their bones and ruining their bodies for life. I'm so mad, it's just not fair! I should be the one getting paid since I'm the one that sits at the T.V. and watches, not them! They don't deserve a penny!

Oh noes those college kids might actually get paid when they risk breaking their bones and ruining their bodies for life. I'm so mad, it's just not fair! I should be the one getting paid since I'm the one that sits at the T.V. and watches, not them! They don't deserve a penny!

although sarcastic your exactly right. They dont deserve a penny. They get 20-40k in payment every semester theyre there. Many people dont have the means to attend college and half these kids * their education away. All theyre worried about is gettin to the nfl and gettin paid. They aint worrried about a back up plan that theyre getting for free when theyre nfl career only lasts a season or two.

although sarcastic your exactly right. They dont deserve a penny. They get 20-40k in payment every semester theyre there. Many people dont have the means to attend college and half these kids * their education away. All theyre worried about is gettin to the nfl and gettin paid. They aint worrried about a back up plan that theyre getting for free when theyre nfl career only lasts a season or two.

Amen. And their tuition isn't the only handout they get. For example at my university the football team is sponsored by Beats headphones so they get a free pair whenever they want. So guess what our football team does, turns around and sells them to other students and get another free pair because their last pair "broke." And just continue the process. My butt football players "go hungry."