Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts amongst teams that have shown most interest in Michael Sam since the combine.

I hope that is 6th round interest in case our mock favorite Deandre Coleman is gone. Pro day numbers were better I'd take him in the 6th or 7th if he was still there:

The 6-foot-2, 263-pounder, who added two pounds since the combine, ran the 40 in 4.69 seconds (unofficially), getting him into an acceptable range for defensive ends. He also recorded 19 reps on the bench press and a 30-inch vertical leap. All improvements.

I don't understand why there is so much hype around a 5th or 6th round pick it comes down what you can do on the football field

What does that mean? I don't see any hype we are talking about who will be there in the 6th round personally I would prefer Tyler Starr but would be fine with Sam in the 6th or 7th I am pretty sure we can do better in the 5th.

If you are talking about Sam in particular the talk is because he bombed so badly at the combine it looked like he could go undrafted since like 2002 only one SEC player of the year hasn't been at least a 2nd rounder. His pro day put him back in the end of the draft.That is news plain and simple no hype.  Really think you are the only one seeing any hype in this thread seems to me we are all talking business.

Speaking of business I really think we need to try to find a way to get another pick in the 3rd or one in the 4th or both. There are a lot of good players that are going to go between our last pick in the 3rd and our pick at the end of the 5th. The mocks I do using the simulator have a guy falling at 59 everytime that we have to take screws up everything. I am pretty sure Grigs has his eye on an O Lineman early I think he likes Trai Turner in the 3rd.

Before anyone asks my insight to what Grigs has his eye on is based on only on the fact we did nothing to help the interior of our O Line and he likes fast lineman that was one of his things about Louis he could run as fast as some receivers and Trai Turner had the 3rd fastest time for lineman at the combine. I don't think I can read minds or anything like that.

Really think we could solidify our back end in this draft with a pick or two more between 59 and 160. Guys like Dontae Johnson and Antoine Exum both have played all 3 spots then there is Ladler Desir SBJ Gaines there are a lot of guys that have big upside going between 59-150,

I like Shamir Stephen in the 7th nose guard basically a run stopper but sounds like if someone taught him to put his hands up on passes he gets enough push to be disruptive.

I hope we get a couple of picks and i really hope Brazil isn't in any package for draft picks. I think he is starting to find his stride with Luck. It is his third year the game is slowing down for him and he has a high ceiling. He is a little bigger a little stronger than TY with almost the same speed  and added value on special teams  I could see teams asking.

What does that mean? I don't see any hype we are talking about who will be there in the 6th round personally I would prefer Tyler Starr but would be fine with Sam in the 6th or 7th I am pretty sure we can do better in the 5th.

If you are talking about Sam in particular the talk is because he bombed so badly at the combine it looked like he could go undrafted since like 2002 only one SEC player of the year hasn't been at least a 2nd rounder. His pro day put him back in the end of the draft.That is news plain and simple no hype.  Really think you are the only one seeing any hype in this thread seems to me we are all talking business.

Speaking of business I really think we need to try to find a way to get another pick in the 3rd or one in the 4th or both. There are a lot of good players that are going to go between our last pick in the 3rd and our pick at the end of the 5th. The mocks I do using the simulator have a guy falling at 59 everytime that we have to take screws up everything. I am pretty sure Grigs has his eye on an O Lineman early I think he likes Trai Turner in the 3rd.

you make a lot of great points, but im not basing the hype statement on just this one thread

Before anyone asks my insight to what Grigs has his eye on is based on only on the fact we did nothing to help the interior of our O Line and he likes fast lineman that was one of his things about Louis he could run as fast as some receivers and Trai Turner had the 3rd fastest time for lineman at the combine. I don't think I can read minds or anything like that.

Really think we could solidify our back end in this draft with a pick or two more between 59 and 160. Guys like Dontae Johnson and Antoine Exum both have played all 3 spots then there is Ladler Desir SBJ Gaines there are a lot of guys that have big upside going between 59-150,

I like Shamir Stephen in the 7th nose guard basically a run stopper but sounds like if someone taught him to put his hands up on passes he gets enough push to be disruptive.

I hope we get a couple of picks and i really hope Brazil isn't in any package for draft picks. I think he is starting to find his stride with Luck. It is his third year the game is slowing down for him and he has a high ceiling. He is a little bigger a little stronger than TY with almost the same speed  and added value on special teams  I could see teams asking.

Shemar is more likely going in the 4th/5th round...   and he's a DE in a 3-4 scheme.

At 6'5" and 305, I've not seen him linked to the NT position.  

The mock simulator websites are fun to play.    They can be very, very addictive.

But they bear no resemblance to reality.    They have very little idea as to player value.    So, don't get too wired up about any player they think is going to be there -- or not be there -- at pick 59.    Or any round.    They're often wrong almost as much as they're right.    They do not have experts feeding the information into the computer.    They have some kids who are draft geeks and nerds programming their games.  

Again,  fun to play.    But don't buy the hype.    They're just games.    This is not close to the real world.

Shemar is more likely going in the 4th/5th round...   and he's a DE in a 3-4 scheme.

At 6'5" and 305, I've not seen him linked to the NT position.  

cbssportsline probably one of the most viewed sites I can tell you are one of those yeah but guys love them They project him in the 6th I assume we all know anyone can go anywhere right???

Stephens offers size and power as a run stuffer in the middle, capable of lining up as a nose guard in either alignment. With better use of hands, he could offer something against the pass, as well.

Stephens isn't going to compete for a sack title any time soon but has enough short-area quickness to take advantage of a free lane to harass the quarterback.

The mock simulator websites are fun to play.    They can be very, very addictive.

But they bear no resemblance to reality.    They have very little idea as to player value.    So, don't get too wired up about any player they think is going to be there -- or not be there -- at pick 59.    Or any round.    They're often wrong almost as much as they're right.    They do not have experts feeding the information into the computer.    They have some kids who are draft geeks and nerds programming their games.  

Again,  fun to play.    But don't buy the hype.    They're just games.    This is not close to the real world.

The simulator does not change the fact that there are a lot of good players that are going to get picked between 59 and our pick at the end of the 5th round either, I watch enough football to know there are a lot of players especially on the back end of the defense in this years draft that have a lot of potential. Players we could use I think it would be wise to get an extra pick or two in the real world. .

cbssportsline probably one of the most viewed sites I can tell you are one of those yeah but guys love them They project him in the 6th I assume we all know anyone can go anywhere right???

Stephens offers size and power as a run stuffer in the middle, capable of lining up as a nose guard in either alignment. With better use of hands, he could offer something against the pass, as well.

Stephens isn't going to compete for a sack title any time soon but has enough short-area quickness to take advantage of a free lane to harass the quarterback.

Well sure....  he's capable of lining up on the nose....   it's just not where his primary position is.    Same with Montori Hughes or Jones...   they can play the nose on 3rd down and provide a pass rush from there...   but that's not their primary position.

As for CBS sports.com....    I think they're improved.   But that's not saying much for me.    I think they're a distant third behind ESPN.com and NFL.com.     I think those two websites are the front runners by miles.   They have a variety of opinions on the draft.   And they have professional quality people doing the vast majority of their mocks.   They're right much, much more than they're wrong.

I think the CBS site has some pros and former scouts...  but I think they're all over the map.   And when they proclaimed Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib as the best player in the draft in Dec. of 2012,  I think that proved my point.   Not the best QB, the best player!  Fortunately for them, they came off of that view well before the draft,  but that was beyond silly.

As for Walter Football and draftnik.com.....   I'll be respectful and say they like the draft...   they're interested in the draft....   they're trying to put out information...   but I don't think they have a professional eye for talent.    I view those sites as if me and you and Dustin and Gavin and Andy got together and put out a draft website.  We'll call it Draft Geeks.com 

We might have a fair amount of good information, but we'd also have a lot of garbage.   And we'd be wrong way, way too often.   It's not as hard to figure out the first round talent.   But once you get past that,  that's what separates the pros from the amateurs. 

And most websites are filled with amateurs.    Wish it wasn't so,  but it is.

The simulator does not change the fact that there are a lot of good players that are going to get picked between 59 and our pick at the end of the 5th round either, I watch enough football to know there are a lot of players especially on the back end of the defense in this years draft that have a lot of potential. Players we could use I think it would be wise to get an extra pick or two in the real world. .

What the simulator websites do is screw up the heads of lots of posters here who play the games and think the info these sites contain is real and legit.

The sites make fans here post ridiculous ideas over trades.    Here's a common post.   "What if we traded picks x, y and z to team A....  and we could get back picks   D, E and F, and maybe even a player or two?   What do you think?"   And those are all based on what they were able to do on the draft simulator sites.

And because their player evaluations all over the map, you get people who think Dri Archer and D'Anthony Thomas are going to go in the 7th round.   Because those websites say so.   And they think Aaron Colvin and Brandon Thomas are going to fall to the 6th or 7th round because of late injuries.    It's wishful thinking, but that's not going to happen either.

The websites put out lots of garbage and casual fans have no way of knowing what they're reading is nothing close to reality.

So, while I enjoy playing the simulator games from time to time,  I take the info the games put out with a HUGE grain of salt.

What the simulator websites do is screw up the heads of lots of posters here who play the games and think the info these sites contain is real and legit.

The sites make fans here post ridiculous ideas over trades.    Here's a common post.   "What if we traded picks x, y and z to team A....  and we could get back picks   D, E and F, and maybe even a player or two?   What do you think?"   And those are all based on what they were able to do on the draft simulator sites.

And because their player evaluations all over the map, you get people who think Dri Archer and D'Anthony Thomas are going to go in the 7th round.   Because those websites say so.   And they think Aaron Colvin and Brandon Thomas are going to fall to the 6th or 7th round because of late injuries.    It's wishful thinking, but that's not going to happen either.

The websites put out lots of garbage and casual fans have no way of knowing what they're reading is nothing close to reality.

So, while I enjoy playing the simulator games from time to time,  I take the info the games put out with a HUGE grain of salt.

Anyone who watches football knows Archer and Thomas are going before the 6th if you are talking to people who think they are going in the 6/7 then you need smarter friends. I watch a lot of Ducks Thomas has a bad attitude and gets dinged up a lot but you can't teach speed someone will take him.. I'd love Archer

I would not be surprised to see Colvin slip he missed all of 2011 with a shoulder injury then the ACL at the senior bowl  seems to be a pattern developing. I am pretty sure he weighed like 177 at the combine but not to the 6 round SF likes drafting injured players I am pretty excited to see if Lattimore can make it back. 

I don't bother with trades when I mess with the simulator but I really hope Grigs gets us a couple of extra in the middle rounds. You post like you think you are talking to children point out obvious things not sure why

Anyone who watches football knows Archer and Thomas are going before the 6th if you are talking to people who think they are going in the 6/7 then you need smarter friends. I watch a lot of Ducks Thomas has a bad attitude and gets dinged up a lot but you can't teach speed someone will take him.. I'd love Archer

I would not be surprised to see Colvin slip he missed all of 2011 with a shoulder injury then the ACL at the senior bowl  seems to be a pattern developing. I am pretty sure he weighed like 177 at the combine but not to the 6 round SF likes drafting injured players I am pretty excited to see if Lattimore can make it back. 

I don't bother with trades when I mess with the simulator but I really hope Grigs gets us a couple of extra in the middle rounds. You post like you think you are talking to children point out obvious things not sure why

I am not a casual fan and I know what I am reading other peoples opinions some I share some I disagree with. I watch and bet on enough football to know who I think is good and who I think is overrated.

Well sure....  he's capable of lining up on the nose....   it's just not where his primary position is.    Same with Montori Hughes or Jones...   they can play the nose on 3rd down and provide a pass rush from there...   but that's not their primary position.

As for CBS sports.com....    I think they're improved.   But that's not saying much for me.    I think they're a distant third behind ESPN.com and NFL.com.     I think those two websites are the front runners by miles.   They have a variety of opinions on the draft.   And they have professional quality people doing the vast majority of their mocks.   They're right much, much more than they're wrong.

I think the CBS site has some pros and former scouts...  but I think they're all over the map.   And when they proclaimed Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib as the best player in the draft in Dec. of 2012,  I think that proved my point.   Not the best QB, the best player!  Fortunately for them, they came off of that view well before the draft,  but that was beyond silly.

As for Walter Football and draftnik.com.....   I'll be respectful and say they like the draft...   they're interested in the draft....   they're trying to put out information...   but I don't think they have a professional eye for talent.    I view those sites as if me and you and Dustin and Gavin and Andy got together and put out a draft website.  We'll call it Draft Geeks.com 

We might have a fair amount of good information, but we'd also have a lot of garbage.   And we'd be wrong way, way too often.   It's not as hard to figure out the first round talent.   But once you get past that,  that's what separates the pros from the amateurs. 

And most websites are filled with amateurs.    Wish it wasn't so,  but it is.

That is what gives players value being able to play more than one spot why I like Dontae Johnson so much he can play anywhere on the back end same with Bucannon he can play either S spot. Joyner anywhere on the back end. I am telling you we pick up a couple of picks in the 3rd and 4th we could be set on the back end in this draft. No more worrying if Toler is going to pull a hammy going to the kitchen for a late night snack. There is a lot of talent in the middle of this draft. Then there are a couple of small school kids that can play with the big boys Tyler Starr is one of them. 

Sorry.   Don't mean to post the way you describe.

Things may be obvious to you,  but they're not obvious to many more casual fans here.    The examples I gave may seem ridiculous to you...   but that's the kind of stuff that gets posted here all the time.

I'm just giving you the background.....

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way....