Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

we have a lot good FAs next year

CR91

It's probably not too late to wish you a Happy Birthday, but it's too early to answer this question.

All of them.

Happy Birthday!

haha thank you. I appreciate it. its a long off-season and still a month til the draft so im giving people something to talk about

reggie, nicks, butler, redding, canstanzo, I believe freeman. who gets resigned

Here is the full list according to overthecap.com

It's not updated for players that where cut or traded it seems.  For example Satele is still on there.  I've done my best to remove the players I know are gone.

UFA                                             My opinion

Reggie Wayne                          Maybe 1 year deal, most likely retire

Hakeem Nicks                           Don't know depends on play

Matt Hasselbeck                       Retiring

Cory Redding                           Let walk and replace.  Only back on 1 year deal if necessary

Anthony Castanzo                    Re-sign long term 4 or 5  years

Darius Butler                            re-sign on small deal

Fili Moala                                 Let walk

Sergio Brown                           re-sign for small deal

Ahmad Bradshaw                     Most likely let walk but depends on play

Andy Studebaker                     re-sign on small deal - good special teams player

Corey Lynch                            Don't know enough

Weslye Saunders                    Let walk, replace with rookie who can develop into a TE2

Kelvin Sheppard                      Most likely let walk

RFA

Chris Rainey                           Do not tender

Jerrell Freeman                       1st round tender

Delano Howell                          original round tender

Mario Harvey                            Don't know

Stanley Havili                           2nd round tender

Matt Overton                           2nd round tender

EFA

Dan Herron                            Do not tender

Jeris Pendleton                      Don't know

Da'Rick Rogers                      Tender

Sheldon Price                        Tender

Daniel Adongo                       Don't know

Xavier Nixon                           Tender

Josh McNary                          Tender

Griff Whalen                           Tender

Way to early to tell but I would imagine we pick up the option on Constanzo unless there is a LT that we like on the market. Wayne will probably retire, Redding let go, I would imagine we would sign Nicks if he works well in our system to a 3-4 yr deal. Freeman we will definately tender along with likely Havili, Rogers, Whalen, and Mcnary. I would like to bring Butler back but it will likely depend on his asking price...how Gordy fairs and if we sign any rookies.

Here is the full list according to overthecap.com

It's not updated for players that where cut or traded it seems.  For example Satele is still on there.  I've done my best to remove the players I know are gone.

UFA                                             My opinion

Reggie Wayne                          Maybe 1 year deal, most likely retire

Hakeem Nicks                           Don't know depends on play

Matt Hasselbeck                       Retiring

Cory Redding                           Let walk and replace.  Only back on 1 year deal if necessary

Anthony Castanzo                    Re-sign long term 4 or 5  years

Darius Butler                            re-sign on small deal

Fili Moala                                 Let walk

Sergio Brown                           re-sign for small deal

Ahmad Bradshaw                     Most likely let walk but depends on play

Andy Studebaker                     re-sign on small deal - good special teams player

Corey Lynch                            Don't know enough

Weslye Saunders                    Let walk, replace with rookie who can develop into a TE2

Kelvin Sheppard                      Most likely let walk

RFA

Chris Rainey                           Do not tender

Jerrell Freeman                       1st round tender

Delano Howell                          original round tender

Mario Harvey                            Don't know

Stanley Havili                           2nd round tender

Matt Overton                           2nd round tender

EFA

Dan Herron                            Do not tender

Jeris Pendleton                      Don't know

Da'Rick Rogers                      Tender

Sheldon Price                        Tender

Daniel Adongo                       Don't know

Xavier Nixon                           Tender

Josh McNary                          Tender

Griff Whalen                           Tender

a TE2? we already have a TE 2. Dwayne Allen is our sure fire 1 and Coby fleener is a 2 with 1 potential. 

What is the story with luck and co. contracts can we start negotiating from this season or do we still have to wait. I think I would prefer having their contracts extended by the end of this season. I think it would allows us see and plan our cap space and ability to add or cut as needs be at the end of the season.

What is the story with luck and co. contracts can we start negotiating from this season or do we still have to wait. I think I would prefer having their contracts extended by the end of this season. I think it would allows us see and plan our cap space and ability to add or cut as needs be at the end of the season.

The new CBA states that a team can renegotiate with a player after the end of their 3rd season.  So should the Colts choose to do so they can talk to Luck's agent next off season.

Anybody think maybe it was a good thing Grigs didn't sign every free agent on the market now? Jeffery Jeff you see that list?

FA are always over paid Grigs was smart we will keep the players he wants, we will have the money to decide who we want.

I'd see what Sheppard and Moloa before we just let them walk see how much they want. 87 can stay as long as he wants he isn't going to try and break the bank

a TE2? we already have a TE 2. Dwayne Allen is our sure fire 1 and Coby fleener is a 2 with 1 potential. 

And in 1 year from this free agency period we're likely gonna have to let one of them (probably Fleener) walk in free agency.  We likely can't afford to pay them both.  So get a rookie who can develop into a #2.  

Freeman, Castanzo, and Nicks will be important. I think Reggie is a guarantee.... but Redding probably be replaced by someone we either already have, or draft soon. Butler I would love to see back, but I'm not sure about.

Butler was our 2nd if not arguably our best CB last season. If he keeps that up (most likely will if Toler goes down again this season) I don't see why he can't be re-signed