Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 04/10

sb41champs

This move somehow makes me rethink how lucky we are to have the GM and coaching staff we do. Glad we don't have a coach who is a reject from other teams.

Yeah we wouldn't want a guy like Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid, Tom Coughlin, or Lovie Smith coaching us.  

All of those guys where fired from head coaching positions by at least one other team before they have taken their current position.

Belichick from the Browns (the ones who moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens)

Carroll from the Jets and Pats

Reid from the Eagles

Coughlin from the Jags

Smith from the Bears

Not to mention that Tony Dungy was fired from the Buc's head coaching job before taking the job in Indy.  

Yeah we wouldn't want a guy like Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid, Tom Coughlin, or Lovie Smith coaching us.  

All of those guys where fired from head coaching positions by at least one other team before they have taken their current position.

Belichick from the Browns (the ones who moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens)

Reid from the Eagles

Coughlin from the Jags

Smith from the Bears

Not to mention that Tony Dungy was fired from the Buc's head coaching job before taking the job in Indy.  

I was tough on Jim Caldwell as our HC in INDY, but like Valpo2004 so eloquently said above: It is possible to get fired & do a fine job making another NFL franchise successful in a new city. Well said BTW! 

I will give Jim 3 years to turn that team into a consistent playoff contender. With all that talent & the right discipline, it shouldn't be that hard. 

Reid from the Eagles

Coughlin from the Jags

Smith from the Bears

So you dig up some exceptions to the rule and try to make a point??? Want me to list the coaches that got fired and never went anywhere? Would you want Jim coming back here??? No. They can have him and it is a bad decision on their part.

So you dig up some exceptions to the rule and try to make a point??? Want me to list the coaches that got fired and never went anywhere? Would you want Jim coming back here??? No. They can have him and it is a bad decision on their part.

My main problem is that there are a lot of things that happen outside of your control that determine your fate as a HC in the NFL.

Being fired doesn't always make you a bad HC.  

I don't know if Caldwell was the right hire or not for Detroit but the thing is that he had to coach the team that he was given.  And in 2011 the team he was given was horrible.  

There is a reason HC who where fired before get re-hired.