Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Record Predictions As We Stand 2014

JPFolks

I only see two real losses: Denver and NE.  Real losses to me mean that I would be shocked if we won (doesn't mean we couldn't).  Redskins and Eagles could give the Colts trouble.  Baltimore and Pitt could be losses.  I think we have to assume we sweep the division, as there is not a legit qb in it yet. 

Worst case: 10-6

Best cases: 13-3

Likely: 12-4

• 2 weeks later...

Playing a Rookie at C, whether it is a new draftee or someone who has played 12 snaps in his career, is a big risk at best and a disaster at worst in the making.  I don't get why it wasn't a more urgent focus of need in FA.  I realize Mack wasn't going to happen, but there had to be more experienced C's we could have gone after.  Costa, even if he had stayed, had already demonstrated he wasn't good enough to start for a perennial 8-8 team.  I just don't get basically doing nothing at all to improve our biggest weakness and protecting our biggest strength.  And it will be hard to run the ball with such a weak line.  Haven't we learned that by now? 

As we have learned over the last 2 years, this team is capable of winning any game.  The games we lose are usually games where we implode and stop doing the fundamentals properly.

This is a great point. Indy is hard to predict for 2014. Assuming the team (and mostly Luck) matures/develops, can we expect to see fewer, if any, of those sort of head-scratching losses? (The one to St. Louis last season is what jumps to mind.) It does seem like when the Colts lose it's more the result of their own actions than the other team outplaying them. 

Denver's schedule is pretty tough, as is New England's... I don't see the first two seeds being locks by any means. 

My guess on the Colts would be either an 11-5 or 12-4 season, which might be good enough to grab the #2 spot. 

10-6

Patriots and the Eagles are the toughest games

Dallas and the Giants will also not go quietly

Redskins could shock us, they have Morris and D-Jax

Bengals could rock us again

The NFC East should not be underestimated. Dallas has a very big chunk offense that I'm not sure our D is ready for. Despite the criticism they get, Eli and Romo are two of the smartest QB's in the game, but they are also matured QB's with a lot of experience.

This is a great point. Indy is hard to predict for 2014. Assuming the team (and mostly Luck) matures/develops, can we expect to see fewer, if any, of those sort of head-scratching losses? (The one to St. Louis last season is what jumps to mind.) It does seem like when the Colts lose it's more the result of their own actions than the other team outplaying them. 

Denver's schedule is pretty tough, as is New England's... I don't see the first two seeds being locks by any means. 

My guess on the Colts would be either an 11-5 or 12-4 season, which might be good enough to grab the #2 spot. 

I thought the most bizarre and pointless loss was to San Diego.  The offense couldn't catch, run, block, throw...nothing.  It was a total meltdown of unforced errors.  It was like watching the Pacers play the Hawks in the past week.  Sad Sad Sad.  

Mock drafts have Clowney going to Houston and Watkins going to Jacksonville.  If neither picks a QB, I can't see where they challenge us much and feel good about the division minus a tough one in TN.  

I think we'll win the division... but we really need the #1 spot to avoid playing AT Denver and AT NE in the playoffs.  Denvers doesn't have a cakewalk this year so even with their improvements, they may step back a game or two.  The NFC West looks brutal top to bottom.  They could easily lose 3 games there alone.  Plus Den plays NE so one has to lose there.  I bet we'll be fighting NE for the #1 seed and we have them at home for the tie breaker which is a good thing.  

Brian