Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New RG3 logo unveiled

jvan1973

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burn the witch...he's got a logo.

A lot of hate to just start a thread to make a mean spirited comment. I don't get it....even if you don't root for the guy why people find it impossible to just ignore them. You would think that people get paid to put down players on these boards....first it was belittling Tom Brady and now we've moved on to RGIII. I can't wait for the Johnny Manzeil threads. I may not be a fan but I see no reason to rag on a guy for something so trivial. Stuff like that just seems petty and honestly...jealous.

I think the reason people here are irked is this guy has basically stated he is the center of the organization. He bragged to teammates about how HE ran the organization. Logos are for teams, very few players in sports have nationally house hold recognized logos (if any?). To make a logo for yourself suggests you are an entity that is somehow bigger than your team since it is normally just a team that is given the logo.

This is especially annoying considering the person doing it has done nothing but make flattering commercials about himself since he entered the league, and he was benched at the end of the year because A) he is injury prone B) he sucked and C) he didnt get along with the coach and created distance between the coach and the owner. It is ridiculous to suggest a QB who was benched due to poor play has his own logo and more commercials than the top qbs in the league. It is obnoxious and people are tired of it. They are not just picking on RG3 without cause. Also, the whole wedding registry? I just do not see this guy as having any humility.

now obligatory rg3 memes

Simba-And-RG3-Meme-500x358.jpg

RG3-Meme-2-500x500.jpg

IFWT_RG3-Meme-11.png

I think the reason people here are irked is this guy has basically stated he is the center of the organization. He bragged to teammates about how HE ran the organization. Logos are for teams, very few players in sports have nationally house hold recognized logos (if any?). To make a logo for yourself suggests you are an entity that is somehow bigger than your team since it is normally just a team that is given the logo.

This is especially annoying considering the person doing it has done nothing but make flattering commercials about himself since he entered the league, and he was benched at the end of the year because A) he is injury prone B) he sucked and C) he didnt get along with the coach and created distance between the coach and the owner. It is ridiculous to suggest a QB who was benched due to poor play has his own logo and more commercials than the top qbs in the league. It is obnoxious and people are tired of it. They are not just picking on RG3 without cause. Also, the whole wedding registry? I just do not see this guy as having any humility.

now obligatory rg3 memes

RG3-Meme-2-500x500.jpg

IFWT_RG3-Meme-11.png

Holding a sandwich or running in Nikes for a commercial doesn't make you think you are better than everyone else. He was picked on before the commercials, before he even got in the league lol so that whole fiasco with his coach (another matter in and of itself) doesn't cut it as an excuse. I guess Brady and LeBron and all those other guys should just forsake their teammates crawl in a corner too because they have their own logos...LOL. If you think injuries are funny that's your thing, more power to you. But karma is a *

Holding a sandwich or running in Nikes for a commercial doesn't make you think you are better than everyone else. He was picked on before the commercials, before he even got in the league lol so that whole fiasco with his coach doesn't cut it as an excuse. I guess Brady and LeBron and all those other guys should just forsake their teammates crawl in a corner too because they have their own logos...LOL. If you think injuries are funny that's your thing, more power to you. But karma is a *

What have lebron and Brady done that bob hasn't? They are multiple time champions. Bob has ended his first two seasons on the bench

What have lebron and Brady done that bob hasn't? They are multiple time champions. Bob has ended his first two seasons on the bench

Those athletes make logos because it's marketable. It's another way to define themselves and be unique. Besides, didn't FX say it is meant for his charity or something? If true, there's definitely nothing wrong with that.

now obligatory rg3 memes

RG3-Meme-2-500x500.jpg

IFWT_RG3-Meme-11.png

To the bolded - my how we have short memories. The guy won the Heismann beating out Luck, went #2 in the draft and won ROY in his first season leading the Skins to the division title for the first time in a long time ... then he got injured and played on a horrifically bad team last year with a coach who was interested in jetting out of town before the season even began due to his issues with the owner.

Those athletes make logos because it's marketable. It's another way to define themselves and be unique. Besides, didn't FX say it is meant for his charity or something? If true, there's definitely nothing wrong with that.

no, he asked if it was for charity. I haven't read anything that suggests it is.

Holding a sandwich or running in Nikes for a commercial doesn't make you think you are better than everyone else. He was picked on before the commercials, before he even got in the league lol so that whole fiasco with his coach (another matter in and of itself) doesn't cut it as an excuse. I guess Brady and LeBron and all those other guys should just forsake their teammates crawl in a corner too because they have their own logos...LOL. If you think injuries are funny that's your thing, more power to you. But karma is a *

I never heard of anyone picking on him for being a self centered diva more focused on commercials than the game, before he made a commercial. I personally never said anything of the sort until I saw his little "they say I cant come back (post injury) well Ill show them watch me run these drills to prove it" comercial after the acl injury. He made a commercial about how he was gonna come back stronger than ever and show the haters...then he sucked and was benched. Now he comes out with a logo as if he is more larger than life than his football brothers...

To the bolded - my how we have short memories. The guy won the Heismann beating out Luck, went #2 in the draft and won ROY in his first season leading the Skins to the division title for the first time in a long time ... then he got injured and played on a horrifically bad team last year with a coach who was interested in jetting out of town before the season even began due to his issues with the owner.

Umm where was I talking about his college career? I thought i was talking about what hes done since college. idk if you know but lots of people win the heisman and are drafted high and they never turn out to do anything. Also, the redskins werent that bad, and I highly doubt shanhan just scraped the WHOLE season from the beginning because he didnt like Bob. Yes the owner did have issues, and guess what? Bob only made them worse playing his little drama queen games.

A personal 'logo' is the height of prententiousness. Even Batman should be ashamed.

Exactly BHC, didn't RG3 learn anything from his "Operation Patience" T-shirts last year & what a bad omen that was? What do we call this now anyway? Operation Vanity/Self Centeredness? Sigh...

RG3 does seem to enjoy putting a Scarlett Letter of humiliation on his back for some unknown reason. Just win your division, get into the playoffs, & drop this nonsense please. SMH. 

We are bitter from wen everyone declared him a better player.

I don't remember EVERYONE claiming he was better. In fact I hear basically everyday that Luck was the second coming of John Elway and he is constantly touted as the best young qb in the league. I've not heard one person say Griffen is better....I DID see him win the Heisman and ROY deservedly so because he put together two great years. I think people LOOK for reasons to dislike people.

Maybe you should have skipped the thread then

The thread had a very simple and interesting title. I wanted to see the logo...instead I found a thread full of hate and childishness. Guess I expected more from our board. Feel free to carry on tearing the guy down...it's cool.

That's a cool logo, I'm not gonna lie. They should give Luck one.

I just was interested in seeing it. I think its a smart idea and surprised more people don't do it. Aparantely you have to win a championship to be allowed to do things. Michael Jordan did it and so many others...its smart usage of branding. Hopefully Luck waits til he wins a championship though...the HATE on here might EXPLODE...after all he hasn't won anything yet...even less qualified than Robert....he couldn't even win his bowl game after all. For a board that suffered through the years up until 2006 without a championship when Peyton was at the helm and perhaps the best qb in the game you would think we of all people would realize winning a championship isn't the end all be all of still being a great player.

All in all I will just move out of the thread...just surprised the level of anger and bitterness...I don't understand the negativity of people. They can't applaud greatness if it isn't their guy...they can't recognize a good player and good guy if he isn't wearing the right colors....sad they can't appreciate the sport and these guys contributions when they play at such a high level...we got to bring them down to justify raising our own up. I can only imagine the craziness of some on this board if Washington wins a SB before us. RGIII AND RW with rings and none for Luck...that would bring about Armegeddon I imagine.

All in all such a harmless thing...and a good marketing idea...no matter who does it imo. Surprised it isn't done more often...I know Richard Sherman was selling t-shirts after his play on Crabtree...I don't see any difference.

I never heard of anyone picking on him for being a self centered diva more focused on commercials than the game, before he made a commercial. I personally never said anything of the sort until I saw his little "they say I cant come back (post injury) well Ill show them watch me run these drills to prove it" comercial after the acl injury. He made a commercial about how he was gonna come back stronger than ever and show the haters...then he sucked and was benched. Now he comes out with a logo as if he is more larger than life than his football brothers...

Umm where was I talking about his college career? I thought i was talking about what hes done since college. idk if you know but lots of people win the heisman and are drafted high and they never turn out to do anything. Also, the redskins werent that bad, and I highly doubt shanhan just scraped the WHOLE season from the beginning because he didnt like Bob. Yes the owner did have issues, and guess what? Bob only made them worse playing his little drama queen games.

Derrick Rose made comeback commercials too. But apparently there is nothing I can say that will get through to a Griffin hater because their bias against the guy will make anything he does (making a commercial about being excited to come back is such a sin, right?) "self-centered". He took his team to the playoffs as a rookie and got ROTY, that might explain a bit of the hype. Nothing wrong with cashing off of it like any athlete does.

His endorsements began in college when he came from out of nowhere at Baylor to take the Heismann. And his ROY year and leading the Redskins to the division his rookie year don't count? That was a pretty darn impressive rookie campaign in the NFL.

Did you watch the Redskins last year? At what point did Shanny look committed to you? His team was awful mostly because his relationship with Snyder deteriorated and it was easy for him to use RG as a scapegoat.

His endorsements began in college when he came from out of nowhere at Baylor to take the Heismann. And his ROY year and leading the Redskins to the division his rookie year don't count? That was a pretty darn impressive rookie campaign in the NFL.

Did you watch the Redskins last year? At what point did Shanny look committed to you? His team was awful mostly because his relationship with Snyder deteriorated and it was easy for him to use RG as a scapegoat.

its tough to be competitive when the qb play isnt good

It is also tough to play good at the QB position when you are down by multiple scores early. The Skins D was 30th in points allowed and its STs were just as bad.

Yeah, we here in Indy have never seen a qb overcome terrible defense and special teams

You have? All Luck seems to be good at in the post-season is throwing picks which you conveniently blame on the team around him.

I guess you missed the kc playoff game, and the 11 regular season wins. What were bobs postseason numbers from last year? Heck, how were his numbers in December for that matter?

I guess you missed the kc playoff game, and the 11 regular season wins. What were bobs postseason numbers from last year? Heck, how were his numbers in December for that matter?

The KC game where his TOs helped created the hole that he had to dig out of? What about his four picks vs the Pats?

RG had a worse team around him and coach then Luck did last year. It is not even debatable.

The KC game where his TOs helped created the hole that he had to dig out of? What about his four picks vs the Pats?

RG had a worse team around him and coach then Luck did last year. It is not even debatable.

Actually, its very debatable. They had much better skill players on offense down the stretch and a far superior running game. Along with a coach with 2 superbowl rings

Actually, its very debatable. They had much better skill players on offense and a far superior running game. Along with a coach with 2 superbowl rings

Skill players don't matter if you don't have the lines. Shanny is horrible coach. Those 2 SB rings are ancient history. He has not been a decent coach in more then a decade.

Luck also has a habit of holding the ball too.

Defense and STs were not even close and coaching as well.

In what way did the colts have a far better defense or special teams? And give examples how pagano is a better coach than Shanahan

In what way did the colts have a far better defense or special teams? And give examples how pagano is a better coach than Shanahan

Just look at the stats of each unit.

I am talking about last season in terms of the coaching. Pagano did a much better job with coaching a team to 11 wins that had a lot of injuries. Shanny basically gave up by the end of Sept and then officially blew out of town by benching a healthy RG with three weeks to go. But go ahead and do a poll on the Colts forum and see if anyone would right now take Shanny over Pagano. Even the Pagano hater Burgurade or however you spell his name would not take Shanny.

I don't remember EVERYONE claiming he was better. In fact I hear basically everyday that Luck was the second coming of John Elway and he is constantly touted as the best young qb in the league. I've not heard one person say Griffen is better....I DID see him win the Heisman and ROY deservedly so because he put together two great years. I think people LOOK for reasons to dislike people.

The thread had a very simple and interesting title. I wanted to see the logo...instead I found a thread full of hate and childishness. Guess I expected more from our board. Feel free to carry on tearing the guy down...it's cool.

I just was interested in seeing it. I think its a smart idea and surprised more people don't do it. Aparantely you have to win a championship to be allowed to do things. Michael Jordan did it and so many others...its smart usage of branding. Hopefully Luck waits til he wins a championship though...the HATE on here might EXPLODE...after all he hasn't won anything yet...even less qualified than Robert....he couldn't even win his bowl game after all. For a board that suffered through the years up until 2006 without a championship when Peyton was at the helm and perhaps the best qb in the game you would think we of all people would realize winning a championship isn't the end all be all of still being a great player.

All in all I will just move out of the thread...just surprised the level of anger and bitterness...I don't understand the negativity of people. They can't applaud greatness if it isn't their guy...they can't recognize a good player and good guy if he isn't wearing the right colors....sad they can't appreciate the sport and these guys contributions when they play at such a high level...we got to bring them down to justify raising our own up. I can only imagine the craziness of some on this board if Washington wins a SB before us. RGIII AND RW with rings and none for Luck...that would bring about Armegeddon I imagine.

All in all such a harmless thing...and a good marketing idea...no matter who does it imo. Surprised it isn't done more often...I know Richard Sherman was selling t-shirts after his play on Crabtree...I don't see any difference.

Really? Logos are pretty immature. Childlike actually. These are highly tuned professionals, not characters from Sesame Street.

Sure, the hate is a bit much in some places, but act like a kid, be treated like one....

A lot of hate to just start a thread to make a mean spirited comment. I don't get it....even if you don't root for the guy why people find it impossible to just ignore them. You would think that people get paid to put down players on these boards....first it was belittling Tom Brady and now we've moved on to RGIII. I can't wait for the Johnny Manzeil threads. I may not be a fan but I see no reason to rag on a guy for something so trivial. Stuff like that just seems petty and honestly...jealous.

I see nothing wrong with a member speaking his mind about an over rated player. In my opinion there is a big difference in being a QB than just being a good athlete. It has long been known that a running QB does not last long in the NFL when you are a smallish player as RG3 is. You call it ragging? I would say it's more like calling it like you see it right or wrong. There are only 32 starting QBs in the NFL with only a handful being elite. The Redskins traded a lot to get a player who they thought was the next coming of the great savior just to have a player unable to stay on the field. I see very few comments that belittles Brady in these threads. You seem to forget that this kind of banter is exactly why these threads are here.

Just look at the stats of each unit.

I am talking about last season in terms of the coaching. Pagano did a much better job with coaching a team to 11 wins that had a lot of injuries. Shanny basically gave up by the end of Sept and then officially blew out of town by benching a healthy RG with three weeks to go. But go ahead and do a poll on the Colts forum and see if anyone would right now take Shanny over Pagano. Even the Pagano hater Burgurade or however you spell his name would not take Shanny.

Lol you act like it is FACT that the colts have a better supporting cast around andrew. He lost his primary TE, his 2 starting RBS, his primary receiver, his starting LG, and he had one of the worst offensive lines the past 2 years in the league. Get real.

I'll bet if I pointed out "the stats" of Tom Brady and asked why he had 30 less tds than Peyton, you would claim "those stats dont matter tom is a leader etc". 

You make fun of the Broncos for going all in this year, yet you will point out to Bob winning roty and going to the playoffs. To me, it is the same thing. They went all in year one, with all the pistol read option designed qb scrambles and it worked. Problem is, it was never going to work very long. They essentially went "all in" by having rg-knee run for 800 yards and it was doomed from the start. Since then, he has gone on to show there is a possibility he will never have the success he did his rookie year (which was overrated anyways).  Yet, people like you are excusing his garbage year and slapping him on the back for accomplishments that happened 2-3 years ago in order to justify his self centerdness and cocky smug attitude.

Also, making fun of Luck in the Chiefs game is downright pathetic. I'd rather watch my qb throw some picks and watch him make the 2nd GREATEST COMEBACK IN POST SEASON HISTORY, than watch my qb miss deep ball after deep ball and show horrid accuracy and touch that would indicate the start of his decline (re Brady vs broncos).

Lol you act like it is FACT that the colts have a better supporting cast around andrew. He lost his primary TE, his 2 starting RBS, his primary receiver, his starting LG, and he had one of the worst offensive lines the past 2 years in the league. Get real.

I'll bet if I pointed out "the stats" of Tom Brady and asked why he had 30 less tds than Peyton, you would claim "those stats dont matter tom is a leader etc". 

You make fun of the Broncos for going all in this year, yet you will point out to Bob winning roty and going to the playoffs. To me, it is the same thing. They went all in year one, with all the pistol read option designed qb scrambles and it worked. Problem is, it was never going to work very long. They essentially went "all in" by having rg-knee run for 800 yards and it was doomed from the start. Since then, he has gone on to show there is a possibility he will never have the success he did his rookie year (which was overrated anyways).  Yet, people like you are excusing his garbage year and slapping him on the back for accomplishments that happened 2-3 years ago in order to justify his self centerdness and cocky smug attitude.

Also, making fun of Luck in the Chiefs game is downright pathetic. I'd rather watch my qb throw some picks and watch him make the 2nd GREATEST COMEBACK IN POST SEASON HISTORY, than watch my qb miss deep ball after deep ball and show horrid accuracy and touch that would indicate the start of his decline (re Brady vs broncos).

How you doing Naptown? Headed for another ban I see.

Derrick Rose made comeback commercials too. But apparently there is nothing I can say that will get through to a Griffin hater because their bias against the guy will make anything he does (making a commercial about being excited to come back is such a sin, right?) "self-centered". He took his team to the playoffs as a rookie and got ROTY, that might explain a bit of the hype. Nothing wrong with cashing off of it like any athlete does.

I have made many of the same comments about rose, although his situation is different in several regards and he isnt nearly as full of himself as Bob imo.

I see nothing wrong with a member speaking his mind about an over rated player. In my opinion there is a big difference in being a QB than just being a good athlete. It has long been known that a running QB does not last long in the NFL when you are a smallish player as RG3 is. You call it ragging? I would say it's more like calling it like you see it right or wrong. There are only 32 starting QBs in the NFL with only a handful being elite. The Redskins traded a lot to get a player who they thought was the next coming of the great savior just to have a player unable to stay on the field. I see very few comments that belittles Brady in these threads. You seem to forget that this kind of banter is exactly why these threads are here.

I agree it is fully within the rules of the board...just not very classy...and for the most part we have a lot of class on these boards. I fully understand rooting for our team...but tearing down others and taking shots just seems beneath what people should attempt to act like. I just like to celebrate sports...I love competition...I love seeing special accomplisments...I don't see any place for the negativity...maybe when I shook my opponents hand at the end of a hard game and especially those successful athletes I admired their performance I REALLY MENT good game. I never thought to belittle them because I respected what they did on the court/field. I guess its the world we live in...my father never taught me to act that way...and I carry that with me everywhere I go.

It's called baiting. Brady has no bearing on this discussion whatsoever.

So youre allowed to bait but no one else? Gotcha.

You have? All Luck seems to be good at in the post-season is throwing picks which you conveniently blame on the team around him.

Luck also has a habit of holding the ball too.

Defense and STs were not even close and coaching as well.

Just because you took the oppurtunity to blatently take cheap shots at colts fans and be mean doesnt mean people arent able to see through  your disguised baiting as logical retort.

I basically did nothing more than you did, but you are a holier than thou poster I can see. I do not need a rent-a-mod, but thanks.

So youre allowed to bait but no one else? Gotcha.

Just because you took the oppurtunity to blatently take cheap shots at colts fans and be mean doesnt mean people arent able to see through  your disguised baiting as logical retort.

I basically did nothing more than you did, but you are a holier than thou poster I can see. I do not need a rent-a-mod, but thanks.

You could really use some :pie:  or maybe some :cake:

This site has the best emoticons.

Will he have his own jerseys with the logo?

Either way, this is marketing at it's best.

He's going to make bank on this watch and see - capitalism right in your face.

Guarantee you they are going to make big money on this. Just imagine if Tebow was handled like this with his logo, his own merchandise separated from the NFL, he would easily be the richest athlete in the country if someone up above had thought about this when that crazy train was rolling.