Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3yrs/22mill Guaranteed?

Luck_Is_Skilled

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to waste 10 million dollars on signing Mack, I have complete faith in Khaled Holmes and apparently so does our coaching staff. I would rather save that mony to resign our own guys like Dwayne Allen and T.Y. Hilton

Andrew Luck

Dwayne Allen

Ty Hilton

Coby Fleener

Vick Ballard (Maybe, easily can replace a RB these days)

All of those guys we should be signing long-term. Like I said, Vick may be the only question mark cause RB's can be replaced

Andrew Luck

Dwayne Allen

Ty Hilton

Coby Fleener

Vick Ballard (Maybe, easily can replace a RB these days)

All of those guys we should be signing long-term. Like I said, Vick may be the only question mark cause RB's can be replaced

Castonzo and Freeman as well.

The guard spots are more of what I'm concerned about. You can cover up an okay center with great guard play. One of them has to be able to handle a one on one. The sets of offense we run dictate how our line should be build based off the offensive talent we have. We need to maintain our healthy. Depth will play a key in our success next season.

I totally agree we should take our cap savings from this year, push it to next year and we will have around 35 million going into the offseason. That is enough to sign Hilton, Allen, Fleener, and Castanzo. Those are the four to focus on. I also agree I would love to extend Luck at that time. We may have to do a little shuffling in the cap space, but we have 85M in cap space for 2016, so we have plenty of money to shuffle some bonuses. Plus, if we were to let say Toler and Waldon go, each one of them frees up 4.75 in extra cap. Even one of them gone means no reshuffling. We could sign Luck to a 5 year extension, which means we get him for his 4 th year cap hit, 5th year extension, average of top 10 QB's, and then 5 yrs at around 21 million. If we were to do that it would make his cap hit for the 7 years, if it is evenly divided, which it won't be, but still around 17 million cap a year. If we sign him before his extension year, cap hit goes to around 20M. It depends on how they do the contract, but signing him after this year to a 5 year extension including this year and his extension year would really help in cap space. For a QB of Luck's caliber, 17M a year would be a pretty good number, so I hope we get the whole 2012 class extended after this season.

I know my numbers may be off just a bit on the salary side for Luck, but I hope everyone agrees signing him after this season would really help make his cap hit a good deal less, and with the cap space we are going to have even after the signings after this year, we are going to be in great shape.

He got paid a lot less than I expected. 

I was thinking $12 million a year from the Jags. Guess I'm wrong.

Wow !!! Someone of this board actually said they were wrong ? Can't believe it… cudo's to you.

Browns will likely match, although I'm not exactly happy about the player option. Thank god this is almost over so I can stop hearing "we're going to sign Alex Mack, he wants to come to a winner..." blah blah blah

Browns will likely match, although I'm not exactly happy about the player option. Thank god this is almost over so I can stop hearing "we're going to sign Alex Mack, he wants to come to a winner..." blah blah blah

that's certainly not the case if he is going to Jacksonville

that's certainly not the case if he is going to Jacksonville

I really like Gus Bradley, I think they are going to be tough and soon. 

He was never going to sign with a "Winning" franchise, because they would offer him less. Knowing the Browns would match, why the heck would he sign it.

I really like Gus Bradley, I think they are going to be tough and soon.

He was never going to sign with a "Winning" franchise, because they would offer him less. Knowing the Browns would match, why the heck would he sign it.

if he truly wanted to go to a "winning" team, i think his best bet would have been to play on the tag and become a free agent next year

if he truly wanted to go to a "winning" team, i think his best bet would have been to play on the tag and become a free agent next year

He would have just gotten franchise tagged at the end of that year. Why play on two one year contracts when you can get a 5 year deal?

and if he gets hurt it would have been one year 10m. Of course you're not following this, I don't even know why I'm responding to you.,

yeah, i get what you're saying. But when was the last career ending injury for a center?

But i think we can all agree, Mack wants out of Cleveland. Who doesn't?

Trans tag is stupid. if a player really doesn't want to play for a team, don't make him.

Chuckle. The tag Guaranteed Mack over $10M for next season. A Ridiculous salary for a Center.

The TAG Tool worked for him, he got HUGE $$$, and i bet he will be just fine if in Cleveland.

Chuckle. The tag Guaranteed Mack over $10M for next season. A Ridiculous salary for a Center.

The TAG Tool worked for him, he got HUGE $$$, and i bet he will be just fine if in Cleveland.

Mack is regarded often as the best center in the NFL, i think he would have at least got 8 mil. I would take 8 mil and go to a contender instead of 10 mil and play for the browns.

Mack is regarded often as the best center in the NFL, i think he would have at least got 8 mil. I would take 8 mil and go to a contender instead of 10 mil and play for the browns.

He is being paid like the best center in the league. Looks like 9 milion a year for the first two years. The Browns, courtesy of the CBA, held most of the cards in the Mack situation.  The only trump card Mack had to was to go out and set a market price.  He did, getting the Jags to bite. After that, the Browns were in control of his destiny.  And by all accounts, it appeared to me all along that they weren't going to let him walk to another team uncompensated, which is exactly what the Jags were trying to do.

He is being paid like the best center in the league. Looks like 9 milion a year for the first two years. The Browns, courtesy of the CBA, held most of the cards in the Mack situation.  The only trump card Mack had to was to go out and set a market price.  He did, getting the Jags to bite. After that, the Browns were in control of his destiny.  And by all accounts, it appeared to me all along that they weren't going to let him walk to another team uncompensated, which is exactly what the Jags were trying to do.

I agree, but Mack did get an opt out clause after yr 2 i believe. So i think he leaves Cleveland in two years.

yeah, i get what you're saying. But when was the last career ending injury for a center?

But i think we can all agree, Mack wants out of Cleveland. Who doesn't?

Funny you mentioned the line about a C having a career ending injury. Pretty sure it was actually Cleveland with Lecharles Bentley. Career ender first snap of camp after signing for huge money when he left New Orleans.

Just thought it was interesting to add after your comment.

I agree, but Mack did get an opt out clause after yr 2 i believe. So i think he leaves Cleveland in two years.

He might.  Let's see what the new regime the Browns have does.  They have a lot of talent, and a lot of draft picks.  They need a QB, and then can fill a few holes and add depth.  In two years, Mack may want to extend long term, or get out of Dodge ASAP.  We just don't know yet.

The likelihood of a 30 year old center opting out of a contract that would pay him $8m + a season is very low. The more likely scenario is that he will restructure after the 2nd year.