Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Russell Wilson compared to Brady

amfootball

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10725050/russell-wilson-career-tom-brady-path

Interesting read here on the similarities between the start of Wilson's career and Brady's. The only major difference is Seattle was picked by many to win the SB this past season whereas the Pats were picked to finish last in 2001. But the rest of the comparisons are pretty accurate. Will be interested to see how things play out in Seattle and if they can keep a competitive team on the field.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>Both quarterbacks were largely overlooked coming out of college

lol c'mon get real now. Wilson led the NCAA in passer rating the season before. Anyone who remotely followed the draft knew that Wilson was a good player who only lacked ideal height. Literally the only real knock against his game was his height. 

>Both quarterbacks were largely overlooked coming out of college

lol c'mon get real now. Wilson led the NCAA in passer rating the season before. Anyone who remotely followed the draft knew that Wilson was a good player who only lacked ideal height. Literally the only real knock against his game was his height. 

Brady had a pretty impressive career at Michigan as well with a great win in the Orange Bowl his senior year. But splitting time with Hensen hurt him coming out.

Both inherited pretty good teams, didn't need elite play in order to win the Super Bowl, just safe and consistent. Their stats and situations may be comparable, but their play style couldn't be more different. Brady is a tradition pocket passer, Wilson has that ability I think but he usually has 1 or 2 reads and then goes for a sideline to sideline run to buy time (which is what I used to do with Mike Vick in Madden 04... all the stats) and then either finds a wide open receiver or tucks and scrambles. That being sad, I think just about anyone outside of Curtis Painter could have won a SB with the Seahawks Defense and that running game. just my $0.02

Can we please get over comparing every QB in existence to Manning or Brady?

I know journalism in America is pretty bad in every category with what passes as 'news' but this is just overkill

The guy just won a Super Bowl OMG HE'S THE NEXT BRADY EVERYBODY! Why can't he just be Russel Wilson and not the next Brady/Manning/Vick/Whatever-you-call-him?

Why does the quarterback position have to be so over analyzed? Just let them be who they are. Stop labeling them and comparing them to everything in existence. Tom Brady is Tom Brady. Russel Wilson is Russel Wilson.

That being sad, I think just about anyone outside of Curtis Painter could have won a SB with the Seahawks Defense and that running game. just my $0.02

Those Colts teams in the past were loaded. It's not like Painter was playing for the Cleveland Browns.

Both inherited pretty good teams, didn't need elite play in order to win the Super Bowl, just safe and consistent. Their stats and situations may be comparable, but their play style couldn't be more different. Brady is a tradition pocket passer, Wilson has that ability I think but he usually has 1 or 2 reads and then goes for a sideline to sideline run to buy time (which is what I used to do with Mike Vick in Madden 04... all the stats) and then either finds a wide open receiver or tucks and scrambles. That being sad, I think just about anyone outside of Curtis Painter could have won a SB with the Seahawks Defense and that running game. just my $0.02

You had a great post until you finished it the way you did. It is just silly to think that any QB could have led the Seahawks to a Super Bowl win. Wilson is a great young QB and Colts fans just can't stand it that most people have him rated ahead of Luck. Wilson is going to have a great career and he will win multiple Super Bowls with that great team just like Brady did in New England. Andrew Luck? Well, it remains to be seen if he can even get to the SB much less win it.

I know journalism in America is pretty bad in every category with what passes as 'news' but this is just overkill

The guy just won a Super Bowl OMG HE'S THE NEXT BRADY EVERYBODY! Why can't he just be Russel Wilson and not the next Brady/Manning/Vick/Whatever-you-call-him?

Why does the quarterback position have to be so over analyzed? Just let them be who they are. Stop labeling them and comparing them to everything in existence. Tom Brady is Tom Brady. Russel Wilson is Russel Wilson.

because they are the two best qbs and have been for many years

You had a great post until you finished it the way you did. It is just silly to think that any QB could have led the Seahawks to a Super Bowl win. Wilson is a great young QB and Colts fans just can't stand it that most people have him rated ahead of Luck. Wilson is going to have a great career and he will win multiple Super Bowls with that great team just like Brady did in New England. Andrew Luck? Well, it remains to be seen if he can even get to the SB much less win it.

Little bit of bitterness, that's it. I know it still takes a pretty good QB to win a SB, just Andrew Luck bias to the extreme

Normally I don't like comparisons either but the Wilson/Brady one is intriguing on many levels because of the similarities in that both were later round picks with no expectations, winning a ring in their second season, and leadership skills. I really like Wilson a lot and normally I can't stand the comparisons to Brady but in this case I think it fits. Like I said in my original post, it remains to be seen if Seattle mgmt. can continue to field a competitive team the way the Pats have for the last 13 years. I do think Wilson, like Brady, will be able to lift the team above its talent but the league is designed for teams to go 8-8 every year and that is the biggest obstacle IMO of sustained success in today's NFL.

Little bit of bitterness, that's it. I know it still takes a pretty good QB to win a SB, just Andrew Luck bias to the extreme

There is nothing run with having an Andrew Luck bias. I have one too. I'm just not ready to declare him the best QB in the NFL quite yet but it could happen soon.

Yeah, those 2000 5-11 Patriots, and the 2001 0-2 Payriots were pretty darn good before Brady took over.

I like luck but the one thing wilson is better at so far is limiting turnovers and in the redzone. Wilson reminds me of rodgers n that regard. Both don't throw many interceptions. The impressive thing about Luck is his ability to makeup for mistakes. Throwing three ints and falling behind by 18 or more and finding a way to come back. Luck must keep ints down in playoffs if he wants to beat newengland and improve in the redzone. If he does he could be a 40 td qb.  I'm actually very impressed with 2012 qb class. Foles, Luck, rg3, wilson, and tannehill could all be good. Cousins as well.

Lets face it. So far, Luck's playoff runs/numbers have started off as badly as Peyton's have. We wanted a replacement for Peyton, but not that kind, you know what I mean. :)  As long as Luck separates himself from Peyton in the postseason in the W-L column, no one will care if he lives up to Peyton's standards in the regular season or not, to be honest.

Winning puts you in the microscope more and the expectations go up every year. But yeah, if your D cannot force a turnover, points are at a premium because you are not dealing with great field position like Wilson did. So, yes, he does not turn it over much like Brady but he does benefit from good field position and he is definitely good enough to take advantage of it.

Brady, we have seen enough of him to know he does not turn the ball over easily in the playoffs and both Carroll and Belichick are outstanding coaches. In fact it was Carroll that drafted Bruschi for the Patriots and I think Parcells got both Ty Law and Milloy. Belichick added Vrabel and Harrison and it all came together. 

At this point, based on how early Wilson's career is and comparing it to the early Brady Patriots dynasty years, the only thing I can tell is both Brady and Wilson are part of very well coached teams and understood their role really well. When relied upon more, they produced and when they needed to be reined in, they accepted it. Total team players, no doubt.

Lets face it. So far, Luck's playoff runs/numbers have started off as badly as Peyton's have. We wanted a replacement for Peyton, but not that kind, you know what I mean. :)  As long as Luck separates himself from Peyton in the postseason in the W-L column, no one will care if he lives up to Peyton's standards in the regular season or not, to be honest.

Winning puts you in the microscope more and the expectations go up every year. But yeah, if your D cannot force a turnover, points are at a premium because you are not dealing with great field position like Wilson did. So, yes, he does not turn it over much like Brady but he does benefit from good field position and he is definitely good enough to take advantage of it.

Brady, we have seen enough of him to know he does not turn the ball over easily in the playoffs and both Carroll and Belichick are outstanding coaches. In fact it was Carroll that drafted Bruschi for the Patriots and I think Parcells got both Ty Law and Milloy. Belichick added Vrabel and Harrison and it all came together. 

At this point, based on how early Wilson's career is and comparing it to the early Brady Patriots dynasty years, the only thing I can tell is both Brady and Wilson are part of very well coached teams and understood their role really well. When relied upon more, they produced and when they needed to be reined in, they accepted it. Total team players, no doubt.

True that, Luck's postseason numbers need a clean up. We get a bit "helter skelter" a bit in the playoffs that's for sure. That may clean up a bit this year and with some time. And a better offense that clicks in general.

But, one thing Luck did deliver us though with a little help from his friends on the team is a playoff win in his first two seasons. We needed to get that first playoff win monkey off our backs fairly early IMO and we did. Took years with Manning. And it was a historical comeback to boot vs. KC.....

Now expectations will be even higher this year. I am happy though we at least have not gone one and done at home yet in the playoffs with Luck.....I can give more passes to road losses and especially in tough environments but I am picky at times about defending homefield.

True...

But what hurt Brady "draft" wise was that he was a pitiful "physical" specimen coming out of college.

That said Brady was "REALLY GOOD" in big games....    Tape doesn't lie...

Wilson has a LONGGGGGGGGGG way to go to get ANYWHERE near All Pro status ...  let alone ... 

Brady or Manning level.   Give any of these two geezers that D and ...       :td:

Brady had a pretty impressive career at Michigan as well with a great win in the Orange Bowl his senior year. But splitting time with Hensen hurt him coming out.

Valid comparison. Brady was carried to his championsship by his defense. Brady played well, but nothing impressive. It was the defense who was the main factor. Same case with Wilson, although he didn't have the GOAT kicker to rely on like Brady did. Wilson on the other hand had an all time great defense to rely on. Brady grew into being the best, let's see if Wilson can do that.

Good comparison IMO. The players, the teams, the success. Even though their styles are different, they play similar in terms of their decision making and poise and leadership. I do think that Brady carried a terrible team to the SB in 2001 - the O was lousy and the D was nowhere as good as Seattle's until the post-season. Wilson had a championship caliber team last year but still very impressive the way he played.

One other major difference that is worth noting. Wilson was the starter his rookie season and went to the post-season which is invaluable experience heading into season his second season. Brady did not play in his rookie and season and won the championship in his first season of starts.

True that, Luck's postseason numbers need a clean up. We get a bit "helter skelter" a bit in the playoffs that's for sure. That may clean up a bit this year and with some time. And a better offense that clicks in general.

But, one thing Luck did deliver us though with a little help from his friends on the team is a playoff win in his first two seasons. We needed to get that first playoff win monkey off our backs fairly early IMO and we did. Took years with Manning. And it was a historical comeback to boot vs. KC.....

Now expectations will be even higher this year. I am happy though we at least have not gone one and done at home yet in the playoffs with Luck.....I can give more passes to road losses and especially in tough environments but I am picky at times about defending homefield.

If we play our cards right, with our division and given the Broncos' schedule, we have a great chance to get a top 2 seeding this year, which I think we will. It will be interesting to see how we do coming off a bye week against a playoff opponent riding the momentum of a playoff win. But first things first, lets get the bye and go from there :).

Possibly.

Amen Bogie! This infatuation with RW is getting insane & ridiculous now. For crying outloud NFL pundits knock this crap off already. RW is only in his 2nd year & he's already being compared to Brady. That's nonsense & beyond laughable. RW won 1 SB & now he's poised to win the next 3 SBs. LOL! Yes, I know that no one stated that fact directly, but the implication is he's destined to be the next Joe Montana or something. Easy. Let's tap the brakes on RW's HOF bust okay. 

Bogie asks a legitimate question though: When did in depth, investigative journalism actually die? Instead of planning the next 2 SB victory parades in Seattle, let's ask what are RW's weaknesses or flaws that would present a stumbling block in the next few seasons? Can he cope with tremendous SB success at such a young age & not feel complacent or entitled to special treatment? Has RW ever really been injured before or psychologically confused on the field before? Can he dig his squad out of a 24 point hole in the 2nd half? Can he take the punishment that Manning did & still fight through adversity without losing the dog & competitive fire inside? 1 SB victory alone does not establish greatness. Look at Trent Dilfer & Brad Johnson. 

Just let RW develop on his own terms with any unwarranted comparisons to proven HOF QBs please. Thank you. 

"The Seahawks still know that Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch is the key cog in their offensive success and the face of the team's smashmouth personality. Their defense also remains young and talented, with playmakers at all levels."

What if Lynch gets hurt? Yes, their defense is talented no question, but what happens once the big paydays become due for Mr. Wilson & Mr. Sherman? Let's see the Hawks win when that surplus depth disappears when the GM can't afford to pay everybody & must release quality players. The practice squad is merely a band aid applied to am amputated limb. Can future stars be molded & discovered here? Yes, it is possible but even in the best case scenario it's a 3-4 year project window gambling on potential durability, mental comprehension, situational awareness on the field, & regular execution. 

The article to me is a total waste of time & sheer journalistic laziness with zero relevancy whatsoever. 

Amen Bogie! This infatuation with RW is getting insane & ridiculous now. For crying outloud NFL pundits knock this crap off already. RW is only in his 2nd year & he's already being compared to Brady. That's nonsense & beyond laughable. RW won 1 SB & now he's poised to win the next 3 SBs. LOL! Yes, I know that no one stated that fact directly, but the implication is he's destined to be the next Joe Montana or something. Easy. Let's tap the brakes on RW's HOF bust okay.

Bogie asks a legitimate question though: When did in depth, investigative journalism actually die? Instead of planning the next 2 SB victory parades in Seattle, let's ask what are RW's weaknesses or flaws that would present a stumbling block in the next few seasons? Can he cope with tremendous SB success at such a young age & not feel complacent or entitled to special treatment? Has RW ever really been injured before or psychologically confused on the field before? Can he dig his squad out of a 24 point hole in the 2nd half? Can he take the punishment that Manning did & still fight through adversity without losing the dog & competitive fire inside? 1 SB victory alone does not establish greatness. Look at Trent Dilfer & Brad Johnson.

Just let RW develop on his own terms with any unwarranted comparisons to proven HOF QBs please. Thank you.

Actually RW has dug his team out of deficits of 20 or more three times so far in his career including a 20 point deficit in the second half in the 2012 playoffs against the Falcons. He passed for 385 yards and rushed for another 60 that game and got the Seahawks the lead with 31 seconds left only to have the defense blow it.

And Wilson took tons of punishment this year and never wilted. His OL was decimated by injuries and there were a number of games where he was under assault worse than Manning was in the Super Bowl, yet he still hung in there and led the team to victory. I don't think I ever saw him throw passes while under pressure as bad as Manning's two picks in the SB.

If you think its unwarranted to compare Wilson to a young Brady, even though many of Wilson's stats are better than Brady's were after two years as a starter, wouldn't it be far more unwarranted to compare him to Dilfer whose stats don't come anywhere close to Wilson's at any point in his career?

Actually RW has dug his team out of deficits of 20 or more three times so far in his career including a 20 point deficit in the second half in the 2012 playoffs against the Falcons. He passed for 385 yards and rushed for another 60 that game and got the Seahawks the lead with 31 seconds left only to have the defense blow it.

And Wilson took tons of punishment this year and never wilted. His OL was decimated by injuries and there were a number of games where he was under assault worse than Manning was in the Super Bowl, yet he still hung in there and led the team to victory. I don't think I ever saw him throw passes while under pressure as bad as Manning's two picks in the SB.

If you think its unwarranted to compare Wilson to a young Brady, even though many of Wilson's stats are better than Brady's were after two years as a starter, wouldn't it be far more unwarranted to compare him to Dilfer whose stats don't come anywhere close to Wilson's at any point in his career?

RW is not a great QB like you see to be implying rsrobinson. He is a slightly above average QB with a spectacular defense & a top notch secondary. Again, like I said before, once RW gets his 1st real big contract along with Richard Sherman & other depth pieces must leave Seattle then & only then will the NFL world see how good RW really truly is sir. Personally, I'm not gonna hold my breath expecting greatness. 

Actually, my Dilfer remark is spot on because without that spectacular defense & secondary with Rod Woodson in 2000 & Richard Sherman in the 2013 season RW would be nothing. Put RW on the Browns team do you really think he would win a SB? Hades no sir. Thanks for making me LOL sir. I needed that.  :thmup:

Stats are irrelevant sir. It's all about the quality pieces that surrounded both Trent Dilfer & RW. Also, without TE Shannon Sharpe there is no way that Dilfer would have won a SB ring either & RW without WR Golden Tate would have never won a SB ring either in my estimation. 

RW is not a great QB like you see to be implying rsrobinson. He is a slightly above average QB with a spectacular defense & a top notch secondary. Again, like I said before, once RW gets his 1st real big contract along with Richard Sherman & other depth pieces must leave Seattle then & only then will the NFL world see how good RW really truly is sir. Personally, I'm not gonna hold my breath expecting greatness. 

Actually, my Dilfer remark is spot on because without that spectacular defense & secondary with Rod Woodson in 2000 & Richard Sherman in the 2013 season RW would be nothing. Put RW on the Browns team do you really think he would win a SB? Hades no sir. Thanks for making me LOL sir. I needed that.  :thmup:

Stats are irrelevant sir. It's all about the quality pieces that surrounded both Trent Dilfer & RW. Also, without TE Shannon Sharpe there is no way that Dilfer would have won a SB ring either & RW without WR Golden Tate would have never won a SB ring either in my estimation. 

Come on SW. You are not really comparing Wilson to Dilfer, are you? He is a much better QB and made hay with a very average offense that was missing its two best receivers for most of the season. He may have a great defense but he made that O go and made the plays to get them the ring.

They're both basically the same in that they are overrated system qbs who ride on the coat tails of their coaches. I think a large part of Tom Bradys very early success* came from having a great defense.Rodney Harrison agrees with me too.

"I think Peyton has been so unfairly judged because he really didn't have that defense over the years like Tom," Harrison said. "Tom had a lot of veteran players, a lot of really good defenses, where if he didn't play particularly well, he knew that he had a defense with a lot of veteran players that could save him. Whereas, Peyton didn't really have that advantage. If Peyton was on our team, I think we could have easily won three Super Bowls, no doubt about it."

-rodney harrison

I think Wilson is the same in that regards. He rode one of the greatest defense's ever to the big game. He was not even passing for two hundred yards in some games. His and Brady's stats are very similar in that regards. They strongle resembled Trent Dilfers with the Ravens in 2000.

Come on SW. You are not really comparing Wilson to Dilfer, are you? He is a much better QB and made hay with a very average offense that was missing its two best receivers for most of the season. He may have a great defense but he made that O go and made the plays to get them the ring.

No, what I'm am saying is that both Dilfer & RW had pieces around them that carried them & made them look better than they really are. You seem to forget that all saw all of RW's college home games. If you think RW is the next Tom Brady you my friend are insane. 

RW didn't make that team win a ring. He made 3 good throws coupled with WR Tate & Richard Sherman shutting down his side of the field who are you kidding?! LOL! 

I need to ask you a question: How come when RW & Aaron Rogers claim that Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL today, people wanna elevate them to a level of the next great field general simply because they decide to kiss his caboose or some ESPN writer compares him to Tommy Terrific? That just baffles me. 

I do respect Brady, but simply because a QB may believe he is an elite QB & in their eyes the best in the game, I refuse to raise RW up on the QB level only because he or a writer paid Brady a complement. Does RW have the capacity to improve & become elite? Sure, he does. Is here there now after a dominant, defensive SB victory right now? Hades no not even close. It's all about perspective & not giving RW undue praise that he really hasn't earned yet longevity wise. 

Stats are irrelevant?  Then how do you separate Luck from, say, Brandon Weeden?  Or Blaine Gabbert?  Isn't Luck surrounded by more talent than those two?  And Golden Tate is now one of the great receivers in the league?  He had 3 catches for 17 yards in the Super Bowl.  

Just because one mediocre quarterback (Dilfer) won a Super Bowl with a great defense doesn't mean all quarterbacks who win Super Bowls with great defenses are mediocre.  That's a logical fallacy.  The comparison between Wilson and Dilfer is simply dumb and can't be backed up by anything resembling facts.  Not when one has a career QB rating over 100 while the other barely cracked 70 and threw more INTs than TDs.

Tom Brady wasn't a great quarterback when he won his first Super Bowl.  He was a good one who didn't make mistakes and played well under pressure.  That pretty much describes Russell Wilson after two years in the league.  Will he continue to grow into a great QB like Brady did?  That remains to be seen.  But its absolutely valid to compare him to Brady after each had played two years as starters and in some respects Wilson is better than Brady was at that point in his career.

Stats are irrelevant?  Then how do you separate Luck from, say, Brandon Weeden?  Or Blaine Gabbert?  Isn't Luck surrounded by more talent than those two?  

Just because one mediocre quarterback (Dilfer) won a Super Bowl with a great defense doesn't mean all quarterbacks who win Super Bowls with great defenses are mediocre.  That's a logical fallacy.  The comparison between Wilson and Dilfer is simply dumb and can't be backed up by anything resembling facts.  Not when one has a career QB rating over 100 while the other barely cracked 70 and threw more INTs than TDs.

No, weeden had more talent than Luck. He just sucks that bad.

russell wilsons post season stats: 524 yards (less than 200 yards/gme) 3tds, 0 picks

dilfers post season stats: 590 yards 3tds 1 int

I think it is a valid comparison.

No, what I'm am saying is that both Dilfer & RW had pieces around them that carried them & made them look better than they really are. You seem to forget that all saw all of RW's college home games. If you think RW is the next Tom Brady you my friend are insane. 

RW didn't make that team win a ring. He made 3 good throws coupled with WR Tate & Richard Sherman shutting down his side of the field who are you kidding?! LOL! 

I need to ask you a question: How come when RW & Aaron Rogers claim that Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL today, people wanna elevate them to a level of the next great field general simply because they decide to kiss his caboose or some ESPN writer compares him to Tommy Terrific? That just baffles me. 

I do respect Brady, but simply because a QB may believe he is an elite QB & in their eyes the best in the game, I refuse to raise RW up on the QB level only because he or a writer paid Brady a complement. Does RW have the capacity to improve & become elite? Sure, he does. Is here there now after a dominant, defensive SB victory right now? Hades no not even close. It's all about perspective & not giving RW undue praise that he really hasn't earned yet longevity wise. 

I do appreciate RW's work ethic. He may well turn that Pacific NW squad into multi-SB winning Champions, but I never fall in love with a QB after 1 single SB that wasn't really won by him. Just like Tom Brady in 2001, that Patriots D & Adam V's foot won that 1st Lombardi Championship. 

Stats are irrelevant?  Then how do you separate Luck from, say, Brandon Weeden?  Or Blaine Gabbert?  Isn't Luck surrounded by more talent than those two?  And Golden Tate is now one of the great receivers in the league?  He had 3 catches for 17 yards in the Super Bowl.  

Tom Brady wasn't a great quarterback when he won his first Super Bowl.  He was a good one who didn't make mistakes and played well under pressure.  That pretty much describes Russell Wilson after two years in the league.  Will he continue to grow into a great QB like Brady did?  That remains to be seen.  But its absolutely valid to compare him to Brady after each had played two years as starters and in some respects Wilson is better than Brady was at that point in his career.

I don't view Brady in a vacuum. My respect for him derives from longevity: 3 SB wins & 2 SB appearances vs the NY Giants. Did I respect Brady after winning his 1st ring? No, not really. True he made some key throws in that game to win the game & he didn't turn the ball over which was vital. But, that stifling defense along with Ty Law won that SB just like Seattle's D & Richard Sherman won the SB for the Pacific NW. 

Golden Tate was essential in winning that game. Speed kills & Golden Tate's play in the 2nd half broke the back of the Denver Broncos. You know & I know it sir. Please....It doesn't matter what the yardage was just the momentum swing it caused in helping Seattle win a Lombardi trophy. 

My comparison between Dilfer & RW is not a foolish sir because my argument is predicated not on numbers, but the caliber of superior talent surrounding both Dilfer & RW. You are the one engaging you logical fallacies not me an oxi mo-ron BTW with zero validity here whatsoever. 

No, weeden had more talent than Luck. He just sucks that bad.

russell wilsons post season stats: 524 yards (less than 200 yards/gme) 3tds, 0 picks

dilfers post season stats: 590 yards 3tds 1 int

I think it is a valid comparison.

Um...Dilfer played four playoff games in his Super Bowl year compared to three for Wilson. Dilfer completed less than 50% of his passes in two of them, including the Super Bowl, was right at 50% in a third, and never passed for more than 200 yards in any of the four games.  Wilson passed for more than 200 yards in two of the three games (the exception was the Saints game which was played in a monsoon) and had 205 yards against the Broncos in slightly more than three quarters after which the Seahawks offense shut it down and all but quit passing after taking a 43-8 lead.  Wilson was on the sidelines wearing a baseball hat the last couple of series.

Wilson vs Dilfer career stats:  Completion pct (63.6 - 55.5), TD pct (6.5 - 3.6),  INT pct (2.4 - 4.1), ANY/A (7.05 - 4.4), QB rating (100.6 - 70.2)

The comparison is dumb.