Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kurt Coleman to visit Colts

VAcoltsfan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus Grigson helped draft him with Philly

Right. I can't believe some of the comments here. Depth, camp body??! Do they realize that our safety starting position is wafer thin, much less the depth?

If signed, he has a great chance to start. Plus, he's a good guy.

(Not just saying this because he's a fellow Buckeye, but it doesn't hurt)

Right. I can't believe some of the comments here. Depth, camp body??! Do they realize that our safety starting position is wafer thin, much less the depth?

If signed, he has a great chance to start. Plus, he's a good guy.

(Not just saying this because he's a fellow Buckeye, but it doesn't hurt)

Agreed

What a potential DB core with Coleman and Lynch

Yikes.

I don't imagine he'd be brought in as a starter, more like veteran insurance in case Sergio Brown and Delano Howell aren't 100%. But he's not very good, wasn't very good in the past, was mostly a reserve last year... I'd rather re-sign Cassius Vaughn and move him to safety.

Yikes.

I don't imagine he'd be brought in as a starter, more like veteran insurance in case Sergio Brown and Delano Howell aren't 100%. But he's not very good, wasn't very good in the past, was mostly a reserve last year... I'd rather re-sign Cassius Vaughn and move him to safety.

Hey superman. In the thread I created titled "Colts off-season updates" forum user NewColtsFan made a suggestion that the thread get pinned due to it having important dates & so everyone can see it.

Is that possible for you or another mod to do?

Yikes.

I'm not saying he's starter material, but look at our roster now. Besides Landry, no one has much starting experience. Howell was decent but didn't last long. Brown is more of a ST guy. I know you were joking about Vaughn.

At least Coleman started a good number of games in his career. I think he's our second best S if he's signed. And our #1 isn't exactly a world beater.

Jeez, this makes me realize how bad we are there. We're counting on a second round rookie to start?

I'm not saying he's starter material, but look at our roster now. Besides Landry, no one has much starting experience. Howell was decent but didn't last long. Brown is more of a ST guy. I know you were joking about Vaughn.

At least Coleman started a good number of games in his career. I think he's our second best S if he's signed. And our #1 isn't exactly a world beater.

Jeez, this makes me realize how bad we are there. We're counting on a second round rookie to start?

If we fix the front 7 enough to generate a pass rush, won't have to worry about who's in our secondary

He isn't joking about Vaughn. And honestly, he could be a really good safety. His problem is he can't track the ball at all, but when he does can do really well (See Titans game). Being a safety would allow him to start facing the QB instead of having to run after the receiver, giving him an easier time tracking the ball. He is always draped on people but lets them get it anyways. 

I'm serious about Vaughn. He's much better facing the play, he has good size and he's very athletic. His shortcomings are shadowing receivers and making plays when the ball is in the air. Those go away if he's at safety.

As for a second round safety starting, that's not ideal, but it's not rare either.

I don't think Coleman would be our second best safety. Assuming Howell is healthy, he's better than Coleman.

Manning is trash & old

I agree that Manning is old injured prone and like you said trash... But Coleman is young and trash.

I know we need depth in the secondary especially at S. But I wish we could get better quality depth because we don't have a lot of quality in the secondary as starters now.

What's sad is Coleman can come in and have a chance to start. Just shows how bad we are there.

I agree that Manning is old injured prone and like you said trash... But Coleman is young and trash.

I know we need depth in the secondary especially at S. But I wish we could get better quality depth because we don't have a lot of quality in the secondary as starters now.

What's sad is Coleman can come in and have a chance to start. Just shows how bad we are there.

But you can teach a young dog new tricks, you can't teach an old dog new tricks

But you can teach a young dog new tricks, you can't teach an old dog new tricks

Yeah but you can't teach talent. Manning is very talented just old but experienced and at this point of his career staying healthy is the problem.

From what I've seen of Coleman he is just not very talented.

Yeah but you can't teach talent. Manning is very talented just old but experienced and at this point of his career staying healthy is the problem.

From what I've seen of Coleman he is just not very talented.

People can change & have a career resurrection or whatever you wanna call it. People begged for a safety FA signing, now here it is & most don't like it. We don't even know if he'll be signed although Mr. Grigson isn't exactly known for not closing deals

Would we bring back Boyett?

Too late.

He's on Denver's roster.    They signed him late last year. 

But I'll say this.....       IF he's gone to 30 days of rehab, and IF he's ever put on Denver's practice squad,  I'd snatch him away from the Broncos so fast.......

I'm really sorry he shot himself in the foot and ruined his Colts' career......    too bad.    A real shame.

What I don't get is everyone is up for starting a rookie but the thought of starting Howell is like a doomsday scenerio.....just funny. Like we have to sign someone with a name to make people happy. If I haven't seen a name on NFL.COM or Bleacher report then this is crazy. There is nothing I've seen that suggest Howell can't play. I think they know his potential from practice and game film better than anyone and if they are cool with it so am I. Can't sign 5 million dollar players for every position. Some times guys have to step up and grow. Maybe we do draft a young safety and start them...but the thought that every veteren safety on the market is any better than what we currently have just makes me chuckle.

I'm serious about Vaughn. He's much better facing the play, he has good size and he's very athletic. His shortcomings are shadowing receivers and making plays when the ball is in the air. Those go away if he's at safety.

As for a second round safety starting, that's not ideal, but it's not rare either.

I don't think Coleman would be our second best safety. Assuming Howell is healthy, he's better than Coleman.

It's your opinion that Howell is better than Coleman. You're basing that on a 3 start and 6 game career? Against a guy who's started almost 30 games in four years.

Again, I'm not saying he's the best FA out there. But people really need to open their eyes when comparing him to what we have and calling him "depth". We're pretty darn shallow now.

Ha, been saying he's one of the worst starting safeties in the league for years (although last year he was a backup).

Now he's visiting the Colts. He's a punk, and I'm not even getting into that Collie hit. 

What I don't get is everyone is up for starting a rookie but the thought of starting Howell is like a doomsday scenerio.....just funny. Like we have to sign someone with a name to make people happy. If I haven't seen a name on NFL.COM or Bleacher report then this is crazy. There is nothing I've seen that suggest Howell can't play. I think they know his potential from practice and game film better than anyone and if they are cool with it so am I. Can't sign 5 million dollar players for every position. Some times guys have to step up and grow. Maybe we do draft a young safety and start them...but the thought that every veteren safety on the market is any better than what we currently have just makes me chuckle.

I think people are more worried about the health of are safety's... Landry, possibly Howell are both injury prone players... Need others as well! And you have to expect people to be excited about players we draft! Everyone is always excited about them... Your saying players need to grow so why not start a rookie we draft and let him grow.. Or Atleast be a backup and get some games in because there is no doubt in my mind Landry and Howell will miss game(s)

so at this moment we have: Landry, Howell, Sims, Lynch, Brown. saw we sign Coleman and draft a safety then there is a high chance he might only be camp fodder. Landry, Brown are definite locks as would the draft pick if he is taken with one of our first 2 picks. Howell is a semi lock as if he  doesn't produce in preseason and others do he could go. rest its up to them to shine and produce no harm signing him now need to fill the 90

Ha, been saying he's one of the worst starting safeties in the league for years (although last year he was a backup).

Now he's visiting the Colts. He's a punk, and I'm not even getting into that Collie hit.

Why is he a punk? He may not be a great player, and a lot of people thought the hit on Collie was clean. He didn't get fined, if I remember correctly.

I suggest you read a little about what he does off the field before you trash him.

From what I saw of Howell last year and highlights during his days at Stanford I believe he will do fine.  Especially after he gets more time on the field.  Obviously, it isn't clear on who will be starting but I do believe he has the best chance.  I like adding one more person to the mix to create more competition, but idk if Coleman should be that person.  Then again what do I know?