Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bad news for jimmy/Jim Irsay arrested (((merge)))

CantBeStopped

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess "controlled substance" must be some kind of pain killers in his case. I'm just guessing, but he had/has serious hip problems.

You don't get a charge for a possession of a controlled substance if you have a prescription for a controlled substance.

Remember, Cocaine is a Schedule 2 Controlled Substance (By Federal Law) and Marijuana is a Schedule 1. Honestly, he could have even had PCP and gotten a charge of possession of a controlled substance.

I work in a pharmacy- I'm pretty solid on Drug law.

:HFire: You don't have a good outlook on life do you?  The guy made a mistake.  Are you perfect?  I high doubt it.  I have no doubts that each one of those players will support their owner 100%.  You really don't have a clue, do you?

I might not be perfect but I've never had a substance abuse issue or been arrested no.

I'm sorry..... I'm not saying drugs are ok, but if you make gazillion dollars a year......have somebody drive you around ya big dummy!!! 

_1369324690.gif

Exactly...late at night..you know you've been drinking..

Call somebody to come get you.....I heard limo service is free for NFL guys..who need a little help getting home..

........The teams all know that number......

This is sad on so many levels. From a team perspective, I'm not sure how you can effectively discipline players like Brazill, now.

The exact same way as you would before this happened.

I mean: A constructive counter-argument from Brazill could never be: "Well, I now have reason to do drugs because the owner does it too". That's not really logical in any way. It'd be the exact same logic that would say: Well, because X commited this murder, I am allowed to murder X as well. It just isn't rational, because you failed to understand why everything ended up happening the way it did.

It'd be like saying: X person drove drunk then happened to hit a kid who died. The natural reaction is disgust over the action, followed by a condemnation of the person. But let's say X person drove drunk because he had a brain tumor: Wouldn't it be completely unconstructive to deny the removal of the brain tumor based on hatred, when we understand the actual cause of the problem?

You don't get a charge for a possession of a controlled substance if you have a prescription for a controlled substance.

Remember, Cocaine is a Schedule 2 Controlled Substance (By Federal Law) and Marijuana is a Schedule 1. Honestly, he could have even had PCP and gotten a charge of possession of a controlled substance.

Does that hold true without a prescription?

Just heard he is still intoxicated inside the jail and may be there a good part of the day before he is released with bond.

This is unfortunate. I just hope he gets help. He just went through a divorce and a hip replacement i believe. His appearance started to change about the time of both of these events.  People have been speculating about this for a while now but i gave him the benefit of the doubt. Hard to do so now.

I think this was a bad move on Jimmy's part.

But in a couple months time, I bet nobody will even remember this story.

Everyone makes mistakes, I am just glad he didn't get killed or kill anybody while doing it.

If he stands up and takes responsibility....no excuses....you are right........

and I'm also glad someone stopped him because he obviously was driving erratically and its 100 times worse if he hits something

Is there a precedent? I honestly can't remember. Its not like you can suspend an owner

This is seriously something I am interested in as well. What is the precedent to this?  How badly is the team hurt beyond losing all respect and its reputation.

Not taking up for Mr. I say but you can be charged with possession of control substance even if you have a script. Example he could have his script not in his script container there for no proof of the prescription.

So the Colts just lost all respect as an organization.  Just went from a team that lots of player want to play for to a team no one with any sense would want to play for.  How does anyone like this team anymore with an owner with these issues.  How do we as fans justify giving our money to an owner with these issues?  As someone pointed out how do any players respect him after this.  I would not be surprised if Luck, Wayne, Hilton, Davis all wanted out of Indianapolis after this. There is no way we are getting anyone we wanted anymore. I can't even imagine that any rookies we draft could want to come  here.  It's a really sad day to be a Colts fan and I feel really sorry for him. I'm just thankful he didn't hurt anyone. Is there any type of precedent to this at all?

This sucks, but you're completely overreacting.  No, the team is not going to fold because the owner got a DUI.

This is seriously something I am interested in as well. What is the precedent to this? How badly is the team hurt beyond losing all respect and its reputation.

If you think one DUI is going to destroy this team you haven't been paying attention to the NFL for that long.

Obviously Jim made a mistake and a serious one at that, but I assure you the sun will come up tomorrow.

This is Carmel's fault.....???

I will admit,  I am one who likes to know the facts before passing judgement...

and this is an unfortunate situation...

but I will say,  if he was impaired, and is guilty, then Kudos  to the Officer that had the Balls to make the arrest.   Others may have let him walk, and he could have ended up dead on the side of the road, or killing other innocent beings.

Sounds like they handle their business....there......

....because other places might have covered it up..and its best for all concerned that this isn't hidden

If he stands up and takes responsibility....no excuses....you are right........

and I'm also glad someone stopped him because he obviously was driving erratically and its 100 times worse if he hits something

Jimmy is a smart enough guy, I have a good feeling that he will do what most business men will do.

Get bail, probably call a press conference or issue a statement saying how regretful he was and that he made a mistake that he hopes to be forgive by his peers and fans of the team.

Might even take some time to go to rehab.

Just my thoughts at least

I've been a fan of Mr. Irsay. I sincerely appreciate what he has done for the Colts, for the team's fans, and for the City.

The man is an admitted addict.

He has recently gone through a divorce, he is constantly bashed by media and fans alike, and I'm sure he had to go on some kind of pain meds with his severe back problems last year. My guess is... huge shocker here, given the news this morning... he has relapsed.

It happens, unfortunately. Ultimately, I just hope he has the desire to fight his addiction again. It is a very difficult journey, especially after something as emotionally draining as divorce. I wish the man strength and courage to dig himself back out.

And I hope it blows over without too much affect on his team.

As soon as I saw the title I thought "Bet it has to do with him being drunk". Clicked the link and was not disappointed. I'm not at all surprised. He could be rivaling Jerry Jones and Woody Johnson as the worst owners in the NFL.

some of you people crack me up

I've been a fan of Mr. Irsay. I sincerely appreciate what he has done for the Colts, for the team's fans, and for the City.

The man is an admitted addict.

He has recently gone through a divorce, he is constantly bashed by media and fans alike, and I'm sure he had to go on some kind of pain meds with his severe back problems last year. My guess is... huge shocker here, given the news this morning... he has relapsed.

It happens, unfortunately. Ultimately, I just hope he has the desire to fight his addiction again. It is a very difficult journey, especially after something as emotionally draining as divorce. I wish the man strength and courage to dig himself back out.

And I hope it blows over without too much affect on his team.

Good post.

:thmup: 

I don't get it, can't believe tony dungy worked for this *. Get control of yourself. You're a role model to most, head honcho of this organization, and you go and do this crap. You are a disapointment to us fans and most likely your players. I'm just wonder who we lose out on because of you.

Are you kidding me? Are you hearing yourself? This guy is one of the best owners in the NFL. So what he was caught drunk driving, most everybody gets popped at some point. Just be thankful there was no accident where anyone was injured. I'm not condoning this but REALLY!! Role model? I'm tired of that crap too. Yes in hindsight he shoulda had a driver however that's always the case when someone gets popped. Stop taking pot shots at this guy and give support and understanding. I for one am incredibly thankful for him as the owner of our Colts. I support him 100% percent... Now lets get Mack so his celebratory night out arrest won't be in vain.. :thmup:

This is seriously something I am interested in as well. What is the precedent to this?  How badly is the team hurt beyond losing all respect and its reputation.

Denver had some execs suspended last year for similar things and it was no big deal because they didn't hit anybody or hurt anybody

If he hits someone...it changes a lot of things