Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bad news for jimmy/Jim Irsay arrested (((merge)))

CantBeStopped

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard it on my work radio about it happening this morning. Insane. Just comes to show how much younger of an owner he is compared to everyone else.

You can be 90 and have addiction problems, age and maturity level have nothing to do with it.

I don't get it, can't believe tony dungy worked for this *. Get control of yourself. You're a role model to most, head honcho of this organization, and you go and do this crap. You are a disapointment to us fans and most likely your players. I'm just wonder who we lose out on because of you.

I thought he had an addiction a long time ago, and then after the Denver game when people called him out he said that he's been sober for a while? What happened to that!? Correct me if I'm wrong here. 

Your correct he said he had been sober for 15 years.  :) 

Guy should get a driver if he's gonna be on meds or alcohol when he's out and about.  I understand not wanting to completely surrender driving yourself, I know I wouldn't want to.  

But if you are gonna take meds like that or drink then it would probably be good to have a driver.  

Although we can condemn the action because it's detrimental to society, that has nothing to do with Jim Irsay.

His addiction, while being his problem, is not something he chose to have. Rather it's a cocktail of different factors all of us are absolutely clueless about. While you can dislike the action, don't automatically hate the person. He's as much to blame for his reactions to the various stimuli from society based on his capacity to respond due to genetic factors that most of us have: You are suffering from the delusion of free will. It's completely irrational to blame the person for what he did. Rather you should understand the processes that lead to this outcome.

Remember: Tolerance is always the outcome of defeating ignorance. Understand that tolerance toward race, religion and mental health are all equal in this regard.

Yeah, he has been sober for 15 years. And as someone who has known a few people go though addiction and recovery, that recovery never stops. Walk in another mans shoes before you judge him. Jim is smart enough and mature enough to not just go on a bender for no reason so their must have been some kind of trigger.

Addicts sometimes relapse. Its the nature of addiction. But personally, I just hope he's okay. Get him home, get him help.

Get well Mr Irsay.

So the Colts just lost all respect as an organization.  Just went from a team that lots of player want to play for to a team no one with any sense would want to play for.  How does anyone like this team anymore with an owner with these issues.  How do we as fans justify giving our money to an owner with these issues?  As someone pointed out how do any players respect him after this.  I would not be surprised if Luck, Wayne, Hilton, Davis all wanted out of Indianapolis after this. There is no way we are getting anyone we wanted anymore. I can't even imagine that any rookies we draft could want to come  here.  It's a really sad day to be a Colts fan and I feel really sorry for him. I'm just thankful he didn't hurt anyone. Is there any type of precedent to this at all?

Freaking Carmel...

This is Carmel's fault.....???

I will admit,  I am one who likes to know the facts before passing judgement...

and this is an unfortunate situation...

but I will say,  if he was impaired, and is guilty, then Kudos  to the Officer that had the Balls to make the arrest.   Others may have let him walk, and he could have ended up dead on the side of the road, or killing other innocent beings.

So the Colts just lost all respect as an organization. Just went from a team that lots of player want to play for to a team no one with any sense would want to play for. How does anyone like this team anymore with an owner with these issues. How do we as fans justify giving our money to an owner with these issues? As someone pointed out how do any players respect him after this. I would not be surprised if Luck, Wayne, Hilton, Davis all wanted out of Indianapolis after this. There is no way we are getting anyone we wanted anymore. I can't even imagine that any rookies we draft could want to come here. It's a really sad day to be a Colts fan and I feel really sorry for him. I'm just thankful he didn't hurt anyone. Is there any type of precedent to this at all?

:facepalm:

So the Colts just lost all respect as an organization. Just went from a team that lots of player want to play for to a team no one with any sense would want to play for. How does anyone like this team anymore with an owner with these issues. How do we as fans justify giving our money to an owner with these issues? As someone pointed out how do any players respect him after this. I would not be surprised if Luck, Wayne, Hilton, Davis all wanted out of Indianapolis after this. There is no way we are getting anyone we wanted anymore. I can't even imagine that any rookies we draft could want to come here. It's a really sad day to be a Colts fan and I feel really sorry for him. I'm just thankful he didn't hurt anyone. Is there any type of precedent to this at all?

Call down. NFL locker rooms accept guys who killed people. I don't think the team is going to disband because the owner got a DUI.

This is Carmel's fault.....???

I will admit,  I am one who likes to know the facts before passing judgement...

and this is an unfortunate situation...

but I will say,  if he was impaired, and is guilty, than Kudos  to the Officer that had the Balls to make the arrest.   Others may have let him walk, and he could have ended up dead on the side of the road, or killing other innocent beings.

Fans here are going to be quick to blame anyone but Jim Irsay and the organization. Be prepared for all kinds of blame and conspiracy theories to fly at everyone besides Jim Irsay.

So the Colts just lost all respect as an organization.  Just went from a team that lots of player want to play for to a team no one with any sense would want to play for.  How does anyone like this team anymore with an owner with these issues.  How do we as fans justify giving our money to an owner with these issues?  As someone pointed out how do any players respect him after this.  I would not be surprised if Luck, Wayne, Hilton, Davis all wanted out of Indianapolis after this. There is no way we are getting anyone we wanted anymore. I can't even imagine that any rookies we draft could want to come  here.  It's a really sad day to be a Colts fan and I feel really sorry for him. I'm just thankful he didn't hurt anyone. Is there any type of precedent to this at all?

:HFire: You don't have a good outlook on life do you?  The guy made a mistake.  Are you perfect?  I highly doubt it.  I have no doubts that each one of those players will support their owner 100%.  You really don't have a clue, do you?

Fans here are going to be quick to blame anyone but Jim Irsay and the organization. Be prepared for all kinds of blame and conspiracy theories to fly at everyone besides Jim Irsay.

No, this falls squarely on Jim. But its also not the end of the world