Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown to Chargers [Merge]

Not where I would have signed, his power is already there with Mathews and his pass catching and speed with Woodhead.. Oh well, good luck

It doesn't make sense. does it....all I see is the Pagano-Pagano word of mouth connection..

..but he's not Woodhead and Mathews, when healthy is powerful..which DB is not

....I'm trying to figure what his role will be

Goodluck Donny. 

Telesco loves picking up our scraps. 

I would have put Brown with the Chargers as well too. It makes a lot of sense, since they are known to not favor a specific type of back, and have a committee approach. It's a lot like what the Saints do. Telesco knows what he's getting with Brown.

I'm happy for him, but I really don't understand his viewpoint.

Sure, maybe the deal is nice, but he's going to a team that has an established starter, and a versatile (much more versatile than Brown) backup in Woodhead that can do it all.

He won't see the field much unless it's due to injury.

Again, I wish the best for him and hopes he makes the most of his opportunity. 

Well....

We don't know what his deal with SD is, or what kind of other offers he might have....

And,  we don't know what they told him about their starter last year or their back-up...   and how the plan to use Brown.

3 yrs, 10.5 mil, 4 mil guaranteed.

I don't like this one bit. I wanted Donald to go to a team where he would be more the focus of a backfield. Plus, I just don't like the Chargers, humph.

Oh well, hopefully the Chargers line will create more holes for DB than the Colts line(s) did. Show em what you got, Donald!

3 yrs, 10.5 mil, 4 mil guaranteed.

I don't like this one bit. I wanted Donald to go to a team where he would be more the focus of a backfield. Plus, I just don't like the Chargers, humph.

Oh well, hopefully the Chargers line will create more holes for DB than the Colts line(s) did. Show em what you got, Donald!

Did he really get 3 years at 3.5 mil.....and $4 mil guaranteed..??

Bless his heart

.....he was never going to get that from the Colts

Goodluck Donny. 

Telesco loves picking up our scraps. 

Telesco was with us...so I'm sure he sees their value...SD clearly is saying we are commited to this running the ball and keeping it away from Peyton. With their secondary needs they signed a rb...clearly they aren't sold on Mathews staying healthy.

It is certainly the same kind of contract we love from Grigson.  You get a good player on a 1 yr. commitment locked into a price you like for another 2 years if he performs well.  Gives you options on quality....we didn't have room, but its a great move for SD and DB.