Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TKnight24

Colts receive draft pick in 2015 for Caesar Rayford

20 posts in this topic

@KBowenColts: Caesar Rayford, the preseason "star" for Indy, had 5 tackles in 7 games w/ the Cowboys in 2013. The @Colts got a 2015 draft pick for Rayford

Don't know what round but still good news :)

1 person likes this

I think that was known already, but I guess this is confirmation from the team that the pick is for next year's draft, not this year's draft. And maybe confirmation that the conditions were met.

:td:  :thmup: Awesome, more than likely a late round pick, but anything is better than nothing. 

Don't see any info on what round the pick is in yet

I'd be surprised if it was higher than a 7th

Wait, what? Does this mean we're getting another "Mr. Irrelevant?"

3 in a row must be some sort of record no? Unfortunately none of really worked out for us... so far. 

3 in a row must be some sort of record no? Unfortunately none of really worked out for us... so far. 

The pick from this trade wouldn't be the Mr. Irrelevant pick anyway.  The very last pick in the draft will be a compensatory pick. :)

0j3qn.gif

I like this because of Katy Perry. Oh baby.. 

Oh, hail Caesar by the way.

1 person likes this

Et tu, Brute?

Caesar ad sum jam forti

Brutus et erat

Caesar sic in omnibus

Brutus sic in at

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Bates as a ILB?
      Our 2013 draft did hit us. We corrected the ship with the 2014 and 2015 drafts.    We paid the price of 8-8 for our miscalculations. 
    • Bates as a ILB?
      I disagree. I believe Clark has the potential to be a day-one starter. Hell, I would be surprised if he doesn't start either at RG, or RT on opening day.    I understand why they would have Green and Clark as first round picks. They were both even mocked in the first round a few times. The measurable's on these two are off the charts. Clark is 6'5" with 36-inch arms and almost 12-inch hands. That's insanely not normal. Green is 6'2" 209, and he is running the forty in 4.34 seconds. Unbelievable!    Why is it hard to believe the front office? I had Kelly going as high as 16 to the Lions. Green's measurable's alone was getting him drafted early. I thought for sure that Clark would be a mid-second round pick. I had Ridgeway going in the late second or very early third. And I thought Blythe would be drafted a round or two earlier. It is not really hard for me to see where they are coming from. I see the exact same thing they do, and they have a lot more information than me.    Every NFL team is going to walk away from the draft feeling good about themselves. For the most part; they get the players they wanted. Different team needs, different offensive and defensive philosophies, different philosophies on players with red flags, and so on; this causes teams to have completely different boards. I would bet that no team has players ranked in the same order at any position.    I can tell you this; the moment we drafted Dwight Freeney, Bill Polian lit up light a Christmas tree. He raved about Freeney in the press conference. I went to camp and the moment I saw him running through drills, it was evident this was a beast of a man playing with boys. I had never seen anything like this in all my years as a Colts fan. I have several stories like that. 
    • Bates as a ILB?
      Let me ask you this, why isn't Clark going to contribute his rookie year much? Is it because he was drafted in the 3rd round? Is it because of what some draft analysts said about him? Is it some old school thing where rookies have to pay their dues to become starters and can't outshine a player that's been playing longer? Clark is no slouch, he'll likely start on day 1, whether it be at RG or RT (not sure which), and it won't be too hard to earn a starting job based on the goal of drafting the O-Line and the weakness of our O-Line before the draft. That old school mentality that you have to play a year or two before starting or getting playing time doesn't apply nearly as much anymore, especially if you more talented out of the gate than the person you are competing for the job with.
    • Bates as a ILB?
      I'm much more worried that eventually these questionable drafts are going to catch up to the Colts!    
    • Bates as a ILB?
      Green and Clark are guys that likely won't contribute much in their rookie year.    They'll likely both need a full year of seasoning to show dividends.   I have no objections to them,  it's how the front office described them.     Green a 1st round pick?    Clark a borderline 1/2?     Hoag a 2?      I'm sure Ridgeway and Morrison were ranked higher than they were drafted.   That's either rare,  Bill Walsh genius level insight into stacking the board,  or we have misevaluated again.   When you're announcing that 5 players were ranked higher to much higher on your board than they were drafted,   it makes me skeptical.      Especially considering our spotty history.   I'd almost feel better if we DIDN'T ANNOUNCE how highly we thought of them and saved that for a year or two down the line when they're paying off for us.      Now,  the expectations bar is way up on them because of what we announced.      I don't think it was smart.   Again.....    I'm hoping to be wrong,  but it's been my reading of history that when most teams announce they have players ranked much higher on their board than where they were drafted,  it shows why these teams aren't as successful as they should be.  
  • Topics

• Welcome New Members

• Members

• cm43sports

cm43sports 110

• BlueShoe

BlueShoe 1,610

• Traines

Traines 111

• Kirie89

Kirie89 14

• Solon

Solon 205

• Colt^2

Colt^2 21

• colts52761

colts52761 51

• Virtuoso80

Virtuoso80 62

• RockThatBlue

RockThatBlue 2,144

• tweezy32

tweezy32 31

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.