Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Andrew Luck Really That More Talented Then Matt Barkley?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems we sure do NEED a quarterback right now. When Peyton goes out for half a season next year, Oh Gee... we took Luck.. he steps in and makes sure we don't go 0-16 ever again.. and gives us a head-up on our rebuilding project that everyone realizes we need to do.. except for a few unrealistic fantasyland Manning or nothing lovers on this forum. He isn't made of magic, he only creates it on the field when he's healthy... and that isnt happening for more than 2 more years. Its time to face the future or be left to relive the past.

We don't need a quarterback...

"Oh gee... we took Luck! Lets ride him to an 0-8 record because we wasted our best opportunity to load this team with talent!"... You people just confuse me...

We don't need a quarterback...

"Oh gee... we took Luck! Lets ride him to an 0-8 record because we wasted our best opportunity to load this team with talent!"... You people just confuse me...

Or... Oh gee we missed on Luck! Peyton was injured in the 2nd game and out again for the 2012 season. If only we picked up Luck we wouldn't have to then go 0-8 again with Painter. I'd say, we Do Need a Quarterback! If anything, this year proves it.

Andrew Luck is not a can't miss prospect, by far. They don't exist.

Yes, he is a can't miss prospect. The NFL experts have said it. Everyone is saying it. Fans everywhere are talking about it and arguing about it. Even some fans on our own team are split between risking the future for somehow trying 2 more years of the past. Yeah, I'd say with all this conversation, how can you even say that Luck is not a significant prospect.

We owe it to Manning to load this team with talent to make us elite the next few years so that we can win a few more Super Bowls for him.

We owe it to Manning to get him this below-average team so that he can scrape to 9-7 and barely make it to the playoffs for him in last couple of seasons?? No, we owe it Manning to trade him to a contender so he can win a SuperBowl with an already built SuperBowl team in the next couple of years.

If we draft Luck we still need to keep Peyton so he can finish out his career here. Let Luck learn and sit, we don't have to pay him that much because of the rookie cap. This is a perfect time to look into keeping Indy on top for years to come. However with that said we can draft in anyway and still keep us winning. We still need to fill a couple of holes on this team.

Yes, he is a can't miss prospect. The NFL experts have said it. Everyone is saying it. Fans everywhere are talking about it and arguing about it. Even some fans on our own team are split between risking the future for somehow trying 2 more years of the past. Yeah, I'd say with all this conversation, how can you even say that Luck is not a significant prospect.

Dont listen to what people are saying. Watch the games instead it's a way better way of evaluating a prospect.

What makes no sense is to not draft the only can't miss draft decision of the past 2 decades.... even Polian can't screw up this pick, he just has to write four letters down on the card come April. :slaphead:

I thought the only can't miss draft decision of the past 2 decades was Ricky Williams? Or was it Robert Gallery? I've seen so many sometimes it's hard to remember them all...

I thought the only can't miss draft decision of the past 2 decades was Ricky Williams? Or was it Robert Gallery? I've seen so many sometimes it's hard to remember them all...

Dont forget Reggie Bush! some people went as far as to say that he was the most Barry Sanders-like running back to come out in the draft, etc etc......they hype around him was just about this crazy!

The big difference between leaf and Luck is

Leaf had all the physical skills but mashed potatoes between his ears

Luck in many cases calls his own plays, I have seen reported

Also, for those who remember, manning was supposed to have an average arm at best

Luck supposedly is quite the cerebral player.......

Great work ethic..........

Positive team leader........

Anything could happen, but Luck I think is the real deal

So........ Its about the mashed potatoes.........

Leaf had them for brains

• 2 weeks later...

A RB and LT are hardly considered a can't miss draft decision. Everyone knows its a QB league, which is why so many organizations throw themselves for a QB savior only to miss... and then there is us.. we are handed our future savior on top of our current QB savior and couldn't be so lucky.. and yet you will never understand this.

..With better WR's and a better defense.

thats true...its also true that Luck has a way better OL, and massive TE that are missmatches to any D. no one seems to have an answer for them.

actually it looks like PM vs TB of late lol... pm had the better WR and TB had the better OL.

thats true...its also true that Luck has a way better OL, and massive TE that are missmatches to any D. no one seems to have an answer for them.

actually it looks like PM vs TB of late lol... pm had the better WR and TB had the better OL.

I wouldn't say way better OL. USC has put out some decent OL players over the years. True TE's are mismatches but they can only stretch the field so far compared to WR's.

I wouldn't say way better OL. USC has put out some decent OL players over the years. True TE's are mismatches but they can only stretch the field so far compared to WR's.

USC has Matt Kalil, Stanford has 2 OL going in the top 20 this next draft. I think its safe to say that currently, Stanford has the edge there.

USC has Matt Kalil, Stanford has 2 OL going in the top 20 this next draft. I think its safe to say that currently, Stanford has the edge there.

By one player.. Meanwhile Barkley is throwing to 3 extremly talented recievers and has a defense that doesn't get 40+ points dropped on them at home like Luck's does.

..With better WR's and a better defense.

Why don't you go and look up the stats about the defenses before you put incorrect statements on here. Stanford gives up the 23rd least points per game as a team, while USC gives up the 49th least points per game as a team.

USC does have better WR's though, but Stanford has the advantage in TE's and O-line. I would give the edge to Stanford having the better overall team as of right now. That definitely doesn't mean I want Matt Barkley though, I don't think we need to take any quarterbacks.

By one player.. Meanwhile Barkley is throwing to 3 extremly talented recievers and has a defense that doesn't get 40+ points dropped on them at home like Luck's does.

I would like to know the name of the 3rd extremely talented reciever USC has? I have to also disagree about the TE stretching the field have you seen how fast Fleener is?? He can take the top off the Defense.

I think he's got a great arm, he's a winner, he's tough and willing to do whatever it takes.

I have noticed that most of the time he's hitting a wide-open WR. The nfl isnt college and you have to make pinpoint accurate passes. I'm not saying luck doesnt have accuracy (his 70% completion this year). But i just dont see him making any tought throws. I think curtis painter could make all the passes in this video

I have noticed that most of the time he's hitting a wide-open WR. The nfl isnt college and you have to make pinpoint accurate passes. I'm not saying luck doesnt have accuracy (his 70% completion this year). But i just dont see him making any tought throws. I think curtis painter could make all the passes in this video

You are also watching a highlight video and they usually highlight the big plays, which usually result when a player is wide open. He's made plenty of throws that are NFL caliber. If he doesn't do that, there would not be any buzz about how good he is, and how NFL ready he is.

I see Four QB's who may either be just as good as Luck or better. Forget the numbers ... Who has the intangibles and the mindset of a winning QB in the NFL ? its all that really matters here.

Tannehill, Luck, Barkley, Wilson, RG3, Weeden, Jones, Cousins, Keenum, Moore .... I'm just not buying this Luck hype in the first place. He is not as far above and beyond as the media puts him imo. Wait till the Senior Bowl rolls around. Suck for Luck is about the dumbest thing a GM could do btw

My question to Supertodd: How many years have Luck played at this high level we all speak of and how much speed and talent has he worked with or against compared to these other guys ? Luck is a great College QB but he definately has no bizness winning the Heisman

Mel Kipers is an expert ... Lord knows how many first round busts he supported and how many steals he's missed. Your reasoning is based off of what ?

My question to Supertodd: How many years have Luck played at this high level we all speak of and how much speed and talent has he worked with or against compared to these other guys ? Luck is a great College QB but he definately has no bizness winning the Heisman

Im fine with him not winning the Heisman. Almost every Heisman winner is a bust in recent years. We will just have to find out when they all hit the nfl next year. Out of all those QB names you listed only 2 QB's are going to be statistically worth a darn in the NFL. Luck and Barkley. But Barkley will be Sanchez-Plus. And Luck will be Manning 2.0

Mel Kipers is an expert ... Lord knows how many first round busts he supported and how many steals he's missed. Your reasoning is based off of what ?

You would be a fool to think Mel Kipers is the only one "expert" who has said this about Luck. My reasoning is based on every single talent scout saying this... or if I were GM, i would listen to an unknown colts forum poster named "Trips4Lyfe" and pick up someone like Kellen Moore and gamble for the future.

Im fine with him not winning the Heisman. Almost every Heisman winner is a bust in recent years. We will just have to find out when they all hit the nfl next year. Out of all those QB names you listed only 2 QB's are going to be statistically worth a darn in the NFL. Luck and Barkley. But Barkley will be Sanchez-Plus. And Luck will be Manning 2.0

Maybe Luck will be Sanchez 2.0? Who are you to say that he is Peyton Manning 2.0. Get off your high horse and quit being arrogant. No one, not even NFL experts as you like to say, can predict anything that will happen in the NFL accurately.

Maybe Luck will be Sanchez 2.0? Who are you to say that he is Peyton Manning 2.0. Get off your high horse and quit being arrogant. No one, not even NFL experts as you like to say, can predict anything that will happen in the NFL accurately.

I'm not on any high horse or arrogant. I'm just saying what every other NFL talent evaluator is saying. Its fact that Luck is a can't miss prospect and in your argument is in fact no where near Sanchez. But this doesn't matter to you because you and your other 5 Luck-hating friends still won't believe it, and that is fine. Its a fact we are taking Luck in this upcoming draft so you all will just have to deal with it.. sooner, hopefully rather than later, you're just making it harder on yourselves by being in denial.

I'm not on any high horse or arrogant. I'm just saying what every other NFL talent evaluator is saying. Its fact that Luck is a can't miss prospect and in your argument is in fact no where near Sanchez. But this doesn't matter to you because you and your other 5 Luck-hating friends still won't believe it, and that is fine. Its a fact we are taking Luck in this upcoming draft so you all will just have to deal with it.. sooner, hopefully rather than later, you're just making it harder on yourselves by being in denial.

You prove your arrogance with every word you say.

Luck is not a can't miss prospect, he probably will turn out well, but he is not a can't miss prospect.

You say we hate Luck? How about I use your same logic and us "Luck hating people" will say you hate Peyton Manning. How does that sound to you. Quit being rude and realize how arrogant you are being.

I'm not on any high horse or arrogant. I'm just saying what every other NFL talent evaluator is saying.

Every post you make is riddled with arrogance.

Its fact that Luck is a can't miss prospect

No, this is not fact by any stretch of the imagination. He is perhaps the lowest risk prospect, or at least one of the lowest, in this draft but no one, NO ONE, is a "can't miss".

Its a fact we are taking Luck in this upcoming draft so you all will just have to deal with it.. sooner, hopefully rather than later, you're just making it harder on yourselves by being in denial.

Again, this is not fact and is an arrogant comment. This is your opinion and your prediction of what will happen but it is not currently fact. Irsay/Polian may currently be leaning towards drafting Luck. They may be of the mindset that it would take an extreme situation for them to even consider not drafting Luck. Even if either of those statements are true that still does not make it "fact" that the Colts will draft Luck.

Every post you make is riddled with arrogance.

Every post i make is based on facts and articles that i read. And every post you reply to mine is usually riddled with true arrogance from your own opinions, Jason.

No, this is not fact by any stretch of the imagination. He is perhaps the lowest risk prospect, or at least one of the lowest, in this draft but no one, NO ONE, is a "can't miss".

Of course he is "can't miss". Every sportswriter, expert, fan all knows this... Why are we even debating this topic if he wasn't "can't miss"... and somehow you think you know better than all them.. talk about arrogance.

Again, this is not fact and is an arrogant comment. This is your opinion and your prediction of what will happen but it is not currently fact. Irsay/Polian may currently be leaning towards drafting Luck. They may be of the mindset that it would take an extreme situation for them to even consider not drafting Luck. Even if either of those statements are true that still does not make it "fact" that the Colts will draft Luck.

It IS a fact they are drafting Luck.. whether they keep or trade him still resides in the fact that they are going to draft Luck and intend to do so... so yes, this is a fact. It is neither my opinion or a prediction.. it is what everyone can see that is obvious, that we are in fact going to do, because any of the 32 other teams in that same position will do the exact same thing.

Every post i make is based on facts and articles that i read. And every post you reply to mine is usually riddled with true arrogance from your own opinions, Jason. Of course he is "can't miss". Every sportswriter, expert, fan all knows this... Why are we even debating this topic if he wasn't "can't miss"... and somehow you think you know better than all them.. talk about arrogance. It IS a fact they are drafting Luck.. whether they keep or trade him still resides in the fact that they are going to draft Luck and intend to do so... so yes, this is a fact. It is neither my opinion or a prediction.. it is what everyone can see that is obvious, that we are in fact going to do, because any of the 32 other teams in that same position will do the exact same thing.

Stop being arrogant Super8todd, it will get you nowhere.