Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts appear to have the locker room to handle this.

I think younger players are OK with this...

Less Incognitos 

...he'll be accepted... Its not that big a deal...10 years ago...yes...but not now

I think we are giving Indy's locker room a lot more credit than they deserve...  

Very touchy subject, in a locker room environment.        If ANY of you have ever experienced it ..   you know exactly what I mean.

I would welcome dude..        But,  don't kid yourself folks..      The NFL is the Alpha male world.

It's just the way it is.   Right or wrong.

The former general manager said that it would take an NFL franchise with a strong owner, savvy general manager and veteran coach to make it work. He rattled off franchises like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, San Francisco, Baltimore and Indianapolis as destinations where that could happen.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140209/michael-sam-draft-stock/

I think that totally depends on how he handles it.     Will be flaunt it?  Or will he just go "no comment" from here on out?  IMO, why would he state the fact if it is not public knowledge?    His sex life is HIS sex life.   Why make a scene of it?

NO organization will want to be the poster child for "gay rights" ...  or acceptance.   They just wont... 

This will be very interesting to see how it unfolds.

He is still a mid round prospect in my opinion. Sexuality shouldn't determine whether a player should be drafted or not.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, February 10, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by Superman, February 10, 2014 - off topic

Sure religion comes into every ones view of their teams head coach. 

Sigh.... 

You criticize Dungy for his OPINION,  (alleged)  yet you are allowed one also.....   and YOU are just pianist on a keyboard.  Dungy has to live it...    you are just like me....       nobody.

Tony D was the best thing to EVER happen to the INDY Colts ...  Next to Manning...    

which is another reason I am glad he is gone

What does his sexuality havepto do with anything?

What warrants you putting that as the title?

Youre kidding right?

Man I'm tired of people trying to pick fights over race or sexuality or religion or whatever.  His sexuality has to do with the fact that he's going to be the first openly gay NFL player and we will have the oppurtunity to pick him.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, February 10, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by Superman, February 10, 2014 - off topic

I have heard TD speak several times ..   just my impression.  

JMO.

Wish him the best.

Personally, I don't care about his color, religious affiliation, political or sexual preference. Can he play ball and help the Colts?

That's all that should matter.

Youre kidding right?

Man I'm tired of people trying to pick fights over race or sexuality or religion or whatever.  His sexuality has to do with the fact that he's going to be the first openly gay NFL player and we will have the oppurtunity to pick him.

It appears I went to sleep and woke up in a utopia where discrimination doesn't exist

I have seen the kid play, being a Missouri guy. He was Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC, that says how good he is right there. But his teammates have known for a while now and have had no issues with it. I see him as a Robert Mathis type player. Strong, fast, a little undersized but great from the edge. I think he would do great with a team like the Colts. Would be a great pick up in the 3rd round.

Took a lot of courage for him to come out before the draft. Good for you kid.  :thmup: